I'm not sure how much I'm buying into "this is op" and/or "that's op" because it's still beta and it's all relative. What's your bow skill at? What's the level of the player you're attacking? What's their gear like? How did they build their character? etc etc etc. There's far too many variables at work right now to determine what's actually OP just yet. Build your character according to your play style and worry about class balance well after launch. That's when we'll have a better idea about what's what.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    DW is strong in the earlier levels but is one of the weaker weapons in the higher end.
    That's like breaking some fundamental rule of gaming combat somewhere... I mean DW is almost universally a better performing option somehow (usually as a more moderate sustained damage option at least somehow) o.0

Can't wait to see exactly how combat turns out to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    That's like breaking some fundamental rule of gaming combat somewhere... I mean DW is almost universally a better performing option somehow (usually as a more moderate sustained damage option at least somehow) o.0

Can't wait to see exactly how combat turns out to work.
    It still has good damage, but compared to the later skills of some of the other lines it's just not as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr216 View Post
    I'm not sure how much I'm buying into "this is op" and/or "that's op" because it's still beta and it's all relative. What's your bow skill at? What's the level of the player you're attacking? What's their gear like? How did they build their character? etc etc etc. There's far too many variables at work right now to determine what's actually OP just yet. Build your character according to your play style and worry about class balance well after launch. That's when we'll have a better idea about what's what.
    Judging by the mentioning of snipe... That has a base range of 40, can be morphed to 45 and further boosted to 50 with a pvp passive if at a keep? Can benefit from sneak attack (more damage and a stun?) So it's basically the longest range ability present in the game thus far, can potentially stun the target and all while dishing out heavy damage?

I don't need much convincing to see this as an OP effect (at least in a 1v1 situation, but really that's not saying much).

Quote Originally Posted by Zanag View Post
    Oh, there are certain tank specs that are just ridiculously OP. I know of one with a Dragon Knight where you can basically just stand in 15 enemy players and never be killed because of it's ridiculous amount of self-healing. And the Ultimate recharges so damn quickly that he can almost spam Battle Standard every few seconds just putting out a ton of damage.

So there are still tank builds out there that are incredibly strong and hard to kill, but a really good Archer can kill someone like that fairly easily if they get some really nice crits.
    Please share this Dragon Knight build, thats something for me. I must find out this build, that's exactly what I am looking for on PvP :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Sorry if sounds stupid cause I havent played the game but this skill mentions four summons:
    http://esohead.com/skills/31412-expert-summoner

Also does someone have a video footage of a sorcerer with summoning build?
    The familiar morphs into the clannfear.

only the familiar/clannfear and winged twilight are able to actually move around as well...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Sorry if sounds stupid cause I havent played the game but this skill mentions four summons:
    http://esohead.com/skills/31412-expert-summoner

Also does someone have a video footage of a sorcerer with summoning build?
    The Familiar and Clannfear is the same skill. The Clannfear is just a morph of the Familiar.

There are ONLY 2 summons in the game that are persistent and that is the Unstable Familiar/Clannfear, and Winged Twilight (sorcerer pets). Then there is the Ultimate from the Daedric Summoning tree which summons a Storm Atronach which only last about 10 seconds unless you morph it to where people can use a synergy which makes it last longer.

There is also a shade that the Nightblade can summon but it only lasts about 15-20 seconds, so it's not persistent either.

There use to be two more summons in the game that came from racial Ultimates and they were Ancestral Guardian (Dunmer) and Summon Bear (Bosmer), but racial Ultimates aren't in the game anymore because it was too hard for them to balance them. They might make a return some point in the games life if they can ever figure out how to do it correctly.

So, at the moment there are only four summons but only two of them are persistent and three of them belong to only one class. They might add like a conjuration staff or at least a conjuration skill line in the games future if people really want it badly.

Could you be a tad more descriptive on that? How exactly did you play a 'nightingale'?
    I already kind of got my answer from the bow discussion.

But just to clarify I was referring to a sneaky sniper type, with decent survivability, strong burst from being hidden and ability to kite.

just keep in mind that using ranged combat in ESO isn;t like using ranged combat in Skyrim.

edit:

Is there a detailed bit of information on vampires and werewolves? Like a basic list of the pros, cons, and how one acquires either affliction?
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2014-02-19 at 09:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    just keep in mind that using ranged combat in ESO isn;t like using ranged combat in Skyrim.

edit:

Is there a detailed bit of information on vampires and werewolves? Like a basic list of the pros, cons, and how one acquires either affliction?
    no info on pros and cons but the skills have been released
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    no info on pros and cons but the skills have been released
    Werewolves take 50% more poison damage whether they are transformed or not.

Vampires take 50% more fire damage, and the longer they go without feeding the more health regeneration they lose (although their vampire spells get cheaper to cast to counterbalance the health regen debuff)

Quote Originally Posted by Tlalocan View Post
    Werewolves take 50% more poison damage whether they are transformed or not.

Vampires take 50% more fire damage, and the longer they go without feeding the more health regeneration they lose (although their vampire spells get cheaper to cast to counterbalance the health regen debuff)
    And everyone is not even going to bother with vamp/wolf with those crippling debuffs.

Most spells in the game are fire or poison. Lmao.

The forms are basically useless in PvP. I'd only use it in casual PVE/RP.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    And everyone is not even going to bother with vamp/wolf with those crippling debuffs.

Most spells in the game are fire or poison. Lmao.

The forms are basically useless in PvP. I'd only use it in casual PVE/RP.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. I feel the exact same way!

Seems like they'll be more of a gimmick than anything hugely useful. I'm fine with that, though - it'll stop every other player from being either a vampire or werewolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing all that new but they put a crafting video on their youtube channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    you will be able to cure the werewolf/vampirism right?

- - - Updated - - -

this was already linked a few pages back :P

nice video though, the cat people actually look a lot better than i thought they did.

Not sure... some of teh abilities and passives in vamp do have a certain appeal. A damage reduction that can morph to grant a speed boost (sounds great to GTFO an ambush even while cutting you off from healing for the duration), or the pbaoe that can refresh invisibility on you (likely only good for skirting around groups and picking off targets rather than real fights)...

And then there's teh damage reduction when your hp gets low? There's a certain bit to being a vampire to consider.

edit:

having to run away from dragon knights might be a small price to pay though...

*snip video*
    I LOVE to see this 200 inventory space during that video, meaning there is a LOT of tiers of upgrade for your inventory space.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    This is exactly what I was planning on. Making 1 char that I max all proffs on and put all points into and then use them to make my mains stronger. Since most gear is BOE I can just mail anything I need to upgrade to it.
    This is what I was planning too, but it looks like it takes a lot of skill points so I'm not sure anymore. I still don't know if you can level from crafting or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    I prefer those dances over anything related to pop culture. Sure they could of done better, but with /flute /drum and all the other amazing emotes, /dance would be one of the least used, regardless. Waiting on someone in your group to un-afk? Start up the good ol band.
    Yes! I actually like them except for Orc, and my issue with that one is it doesn't look 'orcish' to me (whatever orcish is supposed to look like, but not that :P). I'm no dance expert, but yes, for once, it looks like the dances aren't copied off of pop culture and I am thrilled to pieces there is no Carlton in this game, you have NO idea.

I'm not sure if my bf and I got lucky with /dance or if there is some sort of auto sync, but with our Nords facing each other and dancing it looked like they were actually dancing together, it was really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    The reason is simply that all F2P MMOs always come with extremly harsh and inconvenient restrictions if you play them for free, starting from less exp to less action bars, over to no access to dungeons and so on.
    I have never had fun in F2P games ever because of these restictions, so I would have had bought something anyway, being it either a subscribtion or unlocking those things for a higher price in the cash shop.
    This is my feeling as well. WoW, frankly, was the exception. The average amount of time I've played an MMO since quitting WoW is just under a year. I would rather just pay $15/mo. and not have any restrictions for that amount of time than have to pony up additional cash for everything.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    This is what I was planning too, but it looks like it takes a lot of skill points so I'm not sure anymore. I still don't know if you can level from crafting or not.
    Well for me, I was going to just level another char as fast as I can and just use normal abilities as my points like you normally would then level his proffs when hes max level. Since you dont need veteran rank to craft anything, just to wear the higher rank stuff you craft, I could basically stop at 50, find some sky shards, and farm till im max proffs.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P