Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The discussion was about a class taking 2 healing staffs, meaning they'd miss out on utility from a different secondary weapon.
    when was this?

I have only ever said that a healer was going to use a resto staff to get healing abilities, this much is unavoidable unless you're a templar or a more advanced nightblade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    saying it like that makes it seem that only templars can be healers as they're the only class that comes with healing spells baseline (no morphing).

edit:
    Honestly only seeing 3 class skills not in templar skill lines that have the effect of restoring health to other players

Funnel health (strife morph)
    Sap Essence (morph of skill lvl 40~ nightblade skill that is wrongly labeled 'swift in the calc I'm seeing)
    Soul Siphon (siphon ultimate morph)

I could be missing some, but I'm mostly looking at the class skills atm. The rest of the healing effects I saw were limited to Templar's Restoring light or restricted to self cast only.
    Well other classes have other advantages and class skills available.

E.g. a nightblade may have extra magicka and an active passive skill giving you magicka and stamina of attacks. This may very well be reggen that would on top of being capped on magicka and magicka recovery.

Especially for pvp there might be a super combo noone yet sees.

Deleted
    I have no idea whether it works or not, but I'm definitely making an imperial templar with 1h+shield, seeing as how that was my main character in Skyrim and I had a similar one in Oblivion as well.

when was this?

I have only ever said that a healer was going to use a resto staff to get healing abilities, this much is unavoidable unless you're a templar or a more advanced nightblade.
    Tabbycat mentioned it a couple of posts before you, I assumed when people say completely dedicated healer that's what they were referring to and Sarac id say you wouldn't want to be using only a healing staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Tabbycat mentioned it a couple of posts before you, I assumed when people say completely dedicated healer that's what they were referring to and Sarac id say you wouldn't want to be using only a healing staff.
    a dedicated healer as in someone primarily focused on healing performance... that doesn't mean restricting oneself to using only restoration staves. It means prioritizing passives and abilities to boost one's healing before everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you'll have to explain what utlity a staff using healer would be missing.... when it seems the only way for most of the classes to heal is the staff.
    Healers in this game shouldn't just be focusing on just healing. They should also be looking into being buffers, controllers, or debuffers. There are many spells found in class skill lines, hell even in other skill lines, that really synergize well with spells from the Restoration tree.

a dedicated healer as in someone primarily focused on healing performance... that doesn't mean restricting oneself to using only restoration staves. It means prioritizing passives and abilities to boost one's healing before everything else.
    Being just a straight up healer isn't the best idea to do in this game. I currently am playing a Templar and have done a lot of group dungeon healing in the game. I first started off just using only the healing spells in the game. It worked fine and I was keeping people alive just fine, but I started dabbling in abilities that would buff my team up more then actually heal them and I found that it helped with my magicka management and also helped out my group more than just keeping their health bars up. With such limited number of skills in this game you don't really want to just focus solely on one aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Only thing I need now is a guild to play with. Any ideas/suggestions?
    *nod*
    Last edited by Zanag; 2014-02-26 at 04:27 PM.

Can someone explain what the "Prism" ability does and how it works? It reads "Bestows 2 additional ultimate upon activation".

Can someone explain what the "Prism" ability does and how it works? It reads "Bestows 2 additional ultimate upon activation".
    You have your 5 ability slots, the ones that aren't weapon based (as best I know, lets say "abilities from certain trees" to make it more vague as I'm not 100% sure) give "ultimate". This powers the 6th slot which is your ultimate ability costing 200 ultimate (as far as I know, draining it back to zero, I'd guess there's ways to offset this somewhat).

So prism would be one of the abilities that on use add to your ultimate stack.

There's probably a default amount of ultimate given by using an ability so prism gives more than the default.

I'd think any tree that has an ultimate ability (so the class tree's and mage/fighters guild) generate "ultimate". Think of it like rune power/rage for a WoW analogy but it doesn't slowly drain away (at least I didn't notice it draining).
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2014-02-26 at 04:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

From the videos I understood that ultimate is a resource. The way this is worded though is strange.

Hmm... maybe it's +2 ultimate gained when using Dawn's Wrath abilities?

edit: I was looking at the Esohead skill calculator and saw it often leaves out text concerning restrictions like the 2h and dw passives (which I believe are only active when wielding the respective weapon type which isn't mentioned at all for some of teh effects like arcane fighter, battlerush, or ruffian)
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2014-02-26 at 05:39 PM.

Does esohead not list any cooldown or is it my idea?

Not sure exactly what you mean, but if you talk of a cooldown on an ability after using it, there isnt any in this game. As long as you have the ressource, you can use it.

Guess by now everyone has a beta key, but still if anyone needs one, got 1 spare for this weekend test ( Friday, February 28th at 12:00PM EST until Sunday, March 2nd at 11:59PM EST.). So anyone interested PM me.

Pictures with titties and todays newspapers have prio ofc. And that doesnt mean man boobs! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Not sure exactly what you mean, but if you talk of a cooldown on an ability after using it, there isnt any in this game. As long as you have the ressource, you can use it.
    Aha, that's what I also derived from the information listed. Just wanted to be sure, ty.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has been playing a Templar exclusively for the past few months I can tell you that the passive, "Prism," makes it whenever you use an ability from the "Dawn's Wrath" tree that it will add an additional 2 Ultimate.

So, let's say that whenever you use Sun Fire it gives you 10 Ultimate everytime it hits a target. With Prism it will now give you 12 Ultimate for every target you hit. Ultimates are another form of resource in this game. It is acquired from dealing damage, healing, blocking, dodging, things of this nature. Prism is just a passive that helps you fill your Ultimate up faster if you use a lot of Dawn's Wrath abilities. One thing to know about Ultimates though is that the resource WILL go away if you aren't constantly getting more Ultimate. I haven't really payed too much attention to know exactly when a full Ultimate bar will reset to zero, but if you are in town, let's say, to do some crafting your full Ultimate bar will more than likely will be gone by the time you leave town.

Like the other posted stated there are no cooldowns in this game. Everything is controlled by how well you manage all of your resources in the game (Magicka, Stamina, Ultimate). You can spam your strongest spell as quickly as you want, but you will be out of resources in a matter of seconds though.

Hmmm, that's not particularly short term though. "Go to town and do some crafting" is probably in the order of... 10 minutes? That seems a reasonable time to keep a resource that's essentially combat based. Didn't notice it going away when I needed while out questing/dungeon crawling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Hmmm, that's not particularly short term though. "Go to town and do some crafting" is probably in the order of... 10 minutes? That seems a reasonable time to keep a resource that's essentially combat based. Didn't notice it going away when I needed while out questing/dungeon crawling.
    Well if you are out questing or dungeon crawling you are always in a fight therefore you are always building Ultimate. It would never just reset.

Anyone aware of a high-end PvE/P guild that is planning to start with ESO launch?

Kinda dumb question-was at about 30% downloading the beta, but clicked cancel and now when i turn on the client it says checking downloading, goes to about 30% and then starts from 0. Is it ok and will it continue the previous downloading or do I have to downlaod the whole client again?

Deleted
    Anyone aware of a high-end PvE/P guild that is planning to start with ESO launch?
    I found my guild (social casual guild so probably not helpful to name it for you), on Tamriel Foundry by browsing http://tamrielfoundry.com/forum/priv...d-recruitment/