Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baskrik View Post
    Sorry, did I break your concentration?^^^

I can understand if someone would not use it. But running around with a shield showing off my guild symbol (or of a town > Whiterunshield) would be awesome. I am also a fan of Roman, Greek Armor, simple stuff. Same goes for shields and weapons. I am not a fan aof gigantic weapons.
    also i would like to see, that they allow us to create weaponbelts, so we can put our weapons on our back, crossed, or not crossed. if you know what I mean. Not just put them on the side. And please please please dont let them just hang there... put in sheaths. Maybe let us see a second weapon set, like a quiver on the back plus the bow in hand, and knifes on the side or near the boots.
    I hate it, that every mmo seems to take this up und let weapons just glue on our side.

agree so much about the weapon sheeths, WoW is old, its excusable in that, but for a modern mmo there is no reason why the weapon needs to mysteriously hover on the back of the character. and yes a transmog style feature would be cool, especially if you could decorate your armor with guild symbols! i love that idea.

also, this forum needs a tl/dr feature, it sucks going offline for an hour and coming back to 10new pages :<

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 09:52 PM ----------

I have read that the beta will require you to be at least 18. So my heart screamed for finishers as seen in age of conan. I love that. I agree, some finishers are to much. But most of them are great. I may be kind of a brute to say that, but I think it belongs to a fantasy universe (like in spartacus, game of thrones or rome for example)
    But if there will really be finishers I dont know. Still hope.

I think since the character is the thing I see most of the time, i would like to see tattoos, scars, at the same time. And not just tattoos on one arm or one leg. Just let us combine the tattoos so we "could" be totally body painted. same goes for scars. would like to see scars "ruin" my tattoo. (having both, i would like to also see it on my character)

I would like to see my char dual wield axe and sword, then throw the sword and use (or switch to) the shield that was on my back ALL the time and does not appear miraculously.
    I am also not a fan of cloaks, but they should also be visibel when you wear a shield on your back, or a quiver. Also add a cap to the cloak, so you can switch it on and of.
    ive not played AoC, but finishers in skyrim are likely, without the slow-motion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    ive not played AoC, but finishers in skyrim are likely, without the slow-motion.
    I would link you some videos, but its better you go to youtube and look for Age of Conan finishers of fatalities. (beware there is a vid where a german kid screams out of the top of his lungs...
    there are really some nice finishers. made me giggle when i decapitated my first npc. (I know, I am a brute...)

It is kinda like the finishers in skyrim, without the slow mo. Thats also a point, where I really hope they ll add something like that.

I would also like to see a 18+ version of the game (dont know what rating that would be in the english speaking world). There are enough titles for kids starting at 12 years.

Deleted
    I would link you some videos, but its better you go to youtube and look for Age of Conan finishers of fatalities. (beware there is a vid where a german kid screams out of the top of his lungs...
    there are really some nice finishers. made me giggle when i decapitated my first npc. (I know, I am a brute...)

It is kinda like the finishers in skyrim, without the slow mo. Thats also a point, where I really hope they ll add something like that.

I would also like to see a 18+ version of the game (dont know what rating that would be in the english speaking world). There are enough titles for kids starting at 12 years.

i dont think it would need to be 18+, skyrim is 15, if they just had finishers like that, not massively gory, but still you chop peoples heads off and see them roll. marking it an 18 wouldn't really stop younger people playing it, never stops them with any other game

One of the alpha players (press event) stated that Kill Cams are in.

I would absolutely love a wardrobe/appearance tab type thing. I always wear the fur armor in Skyrim, even though it puts me at a disadvantage when I can create elf or glass armor. But, the other light armor looks like crap, and my character idea in Skyrim is a hunter who came across an Imperial raid at the wrong time, and was caught up in it. So fur armor is the only armor that fits (I do have a mod that supposedly adds fur armor to each new tier, thus letting me keep the look but not suffer any disadvantage, but I haven't come across them even though I can craft glass armor, but that is a discussion for the Skyrim thread). I would also bring this character concept over to ESO, which would mean fur armor. But I am sure there won't be any mods that will add in other fur armor-lookalikes that I could use. So a wardrobe/appearance tab would greatly benefit me. And I know a lot of people would love the feature as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    One of the alpha players (press event) stated that Kill Cams are in.

how does that work? or do you mean the player that got decapitated gets to see it in slow motion? its gonna be pretty annoying if in pvp you start going slow motion, and then get killed by someone else while it happens.

Deleted
    I am aware, that the younglings still would play it, even if it is rated 18+. I just want to shut off the annoying people that want to hide blood or rolling heads (in germany they are a bit to enthusiastic about that. Half Life had robots as enemies...so they could spill oil instead of blood...and don't get me started about movies like starship troopers)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    I would absolutely love a wardrobe/appearance tab type thing. I always wear the fur armor in Skyrim, even though it puts me at a disadvantage when I can create elf or glass armor. But, the other light armor looks like crap, and my character idea in Skyrim is a hunter who came across an Imperial raid at the wrong time, and was caught up in it. So fur armor is the only armor that fits (I do have a mod that supposedly adds fur armor to each new tier, thus letting me keep the look but not suffer any disadvantage, but I haven't come across them even though I can craft glass armor, but that is a discussion for the Skyrim thread). I would also bring this character concept over to ESO, which would mean fur armor. But I am sure there won't be any mods that will add in other fur armor-lookalikes that I could use. So a wardrobe/appearance tab would greatly benefit me. And I know a lot of people would love the feature as well.

i always wore the forswarn armor until i got the dark brotherhood stuff. i hope there is forswarn armor in game!

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 10:14 PM ----------

will this game support addons by the way? have the mentioned that yet?

Deleted
    i always wore the forswarn armor until i got the dark brotherhood stuff. i hope there is forswarn armor in game!

---------- Post added 2013-01-26 at 10:14 PM ----------

will this game support addons by the way? have the mentioned that yet?
    There won't be Forsworn per se, as they are a group created at a later point than ESO. Their Ancestral group will, however.

Question:

I am a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls games and I have played a Breton since Morrowind, so I'm definitely joining the Daggerfall Covenant. My question has to deal with the Forsworn faction. Will they be implemented in the game, either as a faction or through quests? If they are a faction, will they be just an enemy class or will they part of the Daggerfall Covenant, since the majority are indigenous Bretons? I always thought that their story was very interesting and wanted to know if it will be explored in ESO since they have been around at least since the First Era, well within the time the game takes place. – By Jason McKinney
    Answer:

The Forsworn are a faction of the Reachmen that exist in the Fourth Era during the time of Skyrim. While the Reachmen are mainly of Breton stock, they have their own culture and society and don’t consider themselves Bretons – and the Bretons agree. The Reachmen definitely appear in ESO, as they’ve allied themselves with dark Daedric forces that have sacked the Imperial City. Reachmen clans have been giving trouble both to the Bretons of the Daggerfall Covenant and the Nords of the Ebonheart Pact.
    http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/new...ovenant-part-2

So yeah, there will be Reachmen which are the pre-Forsworn =)

Hope that answers your question!
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2013-01-26 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Source

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    People dont play games for their targeting system, if you do you have a really shallow game life. I play for gameplay which does include targeting but also includes classes, combat mechanics, dungeons, quests and a bunch of other things. Also what we are calling "tab targeting" in TESO is only for ranged weapons not melee weapons. So things like staffs and Bows which have normal attacks that prolly wont be doing the majority of your damage although we dont know yet. Being melee there is not targeting system and you just hit what ever your weapon swing hits.
    The tab targetting in SWTOR was just not very good. It was awkward. It was one of the many, many features which didn't work well. For example, my 4 GB RAM shouldn't be filled when I traveled to 3 different planets. An MMORPG should work on 4 GB RAM. The game had horrible memory leaks. All these features add up (some worse than other, depending on player) to you enjoying the game less and you quit easier this way.

Its like locked zones. For most players (barring a few vocal ones) it won't be a problem even if they disagree. But if its locked zones, memory leaks, bad tab targeting, [...] then players will be pissed off.

What absolutely surprises me is why did I never read about SWTOR's shortcomings in any review?!?

Now as for TESO there's a lot of hybrid inbetween ARPG and traditional RPG. For example if they don't have the "you need a Razer Naga to bind everything" which you see in WoW, SWTOR, RIFT then the one from ARPG such as D3, TL2, TERA, GW2 (notice the list includes MMO and non-MMO) is more like a few hotkeys (say, 6). Active dodging is something you find in ARPG too (all 4 examples have it) and you find it in WoW as well but much less. Skillshot is another ARPG element. Keywords are hybridization of action and non-action.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Oh, well, it wasn't meant as a bait for fans, I never realized someone might see it that way. What I meant was it's more of a multiplayer game than MMO.
    Massive Multiplayer Online.

First sentence from Wikipedia GW2 article is "Guild Wars 2 is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by ArenaNet and published by NCsoft."

First sentence from Wikipedia's MMO article is "A massively multiplayer online game (also called MMO and MMOG) is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting hundreds or thousands of players simultaneously"

So you better come with a really good argument, else its just a flamebait (which your post was).

WoT and EvE are also MMO btw.

I never played LoL, but in LoL and other MOBA games it isn't "hunderds or thoudands of people playing in the same online world" such as Azeroth or your realm's server. Altho... some dead WoW realms don't have 100 players at the same time playing, ever, haha.

Instanced, no shared world etc. I've never played it but it's definitely not like WoW or SW or even ESO.
    If you believe GW2 is more instanced than WoW you don't know what you're talking about. Its an online world. Different regions have different instances. Yes content like WvWvW, sPvP, overflow servers, dungeons is instanced but the general world doesn't feel like it.

Besides, I don't even know if it has cash shop..
    Yes, it has. WoW has one too btw, but it is small, and doesn't work in the game client.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Pretty much lost interest with the whole ranged attack system.
    And the game isn't even out...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by indoordinosaur View Post
    I really don't think you have much to worry about. TESO will only be B2P or F2P if it is a huge commercial and critical flop, basically forcing them to do away with a sub to keep people playing the game.
    The F2P of TSW, TERA, and SWTOR may be a precedent to new MMOs with sub model where players are like "if we don't sub, it will go F2P." In that sense they're bad examples and bad trend for any new MMO which has a sub.

Also, having B2P plus DLC/expansion as far as content goes is a tried and proven model in the game industry, as is microtransactions via cash shop.

how does that work? or do you mean the player that got decapitated gets to see it in slow motion? its gonna be pretty annoying if in pvp you start going slow motion, and then get killed by someone else while it happens.
    I'm not sure although the reviewer did say he didn't experience death and subsequent resurrection during his play time. So I am guessing the game engine is pretty smart about when these kill cams occur (i.e. not while you are at risk).

fatalities in AoC made you invulnerable during the animation time (it also gave a small short term buff). I could see them doing that here too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    fatalities in AoC made you invulnerable during the animation time (it also gave a small short term buff). I could see them doing that here too.
    oh ok, i guess that could work.

Deleted
    What about a colission detection (is it called that way?) it was in WAR and AoC, in AoC it made me start to tank. Imagine the Phalanx. Would be nice to be able to block other players to get to your healers or rangers. Would give the tanks more purpose. WAR was nice, it was only in pvp afair and only when enemy players where close (which gave it away kinda)

Deleted
    What about a colission detection (is it called that way?) it was in WAR and AoC, in AoC it made me start to tank. Imagine the Phalanx. Would be nice to be able to block other players to get to your healers or rangers. Would give the tanks more purpose. WAR was nice, it was only in pvp afair and only when enemy players where close (which gave it away kinda)

do you mean collison detection between players? i never really thought about that.

Deleted
    Yes, it means a player can not run through you, and you can not run through an npc. There must be a way to go through npcs and players, because narrow passages would block everything, but you could do that by just using the "walk" to slowly walk through (taking much much more damage while doing it to stop people doing it in fights) If you dont give such a feature, some guy will wait at a serpentine and kick you off the edge with his horse (as seen in Age of conan.)
    I was a lot of fun in dungeons. I remember pulling a group and running back into a corridor, but my group stood there and I could not get passed them, so we aggroed a pat coming round the corner. I gives mure things to look for and makes it, well more interesting.

Imagine standing shoulder to shoulder with other tanks, at a gate and the enemy clashes on your phalanx. (having a 300 moment here) Of course there would be ways to break a phalanx, cant, but a phalanx could be a special manuvere, maybe some kind of "Vehicle" where one is the driver and the others have to react with action buttons, failing means breaking the phalanx (but that is too much i guess..)

I think ESO will be a massive success, it's by the looks of the most "unique" MMO since WoW. SWTOR tried to copy WoW, had no addons support etc. The list is long and the biggest letdown, it was quite boring after hitting level 50. Had they copied WoW right, like Rift did, it would have been a success. No doubt.

What I hope TESO will include:

- Addon support. I don't want to wait for devs to make QoL additions that random nerd-guy can write in a week. And he probably does it better than the devs as well.
    - Open world. I really hope we get to explore the whole world on our main character. I don't want to have 3 characters to see the world.
    - Better casters than Skyrim. Casters were not as well made in Skyrim as other builds. I love casters and will always play one. I really hope they pull it off.
    - An intuitive trinity system. GW2's dying mechanic was, to be honest, really bad. There needs to be some kind of order to fights vs. NPC's. Some sort of trinity is needed.
    - The PvP in the introduction video to be real. That video almost blew my mind, THAT is what PvP is supposed to be like. That got me to really want this game. Now.
    - Kill cams. Difficult to pull off in a natural way though, but I really want them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    I think ESO will be a massive success, it's by the looks of the most "unique" MMO since WoW. SWTOR tried to copy WoW, had no addons support etc. The list is long and the biggest letdown, it was quite boring after hitting level 50. Had they copied WoW right, like Rift did, it would have been a success. No doubt.

What I hope TESO will include:

- Addon support. I don't want to wait for devs to make QoL additions that random nerd-guy can write in a week. And he probably does it better than the devs as well.
    - Open world. I really hope we get to explore the whole world on our main character. I don't want to have 3 characters to see the world.
    - Better casters than Skyrim. Casters were not as well made in Skyrim as other builds. I love casters and will always play one. I really hope they pull it off.
    - An intuitive trinity system. GW2's dying mechanic was, to be honest, really bad. There needs to be some kind of order to fights vs. NPC's. Some sort of trinity is needed.
    - The PvP in the introduction video to be real. That video almost blew my mind, THAT is what PvP is supposed to be like. That got me to really want this game. Now.
    - Kill cams. Difficult to pull off in a natural way though, but I really want them.

about the trinity system, it was discussed quite a bit a few pages back, but in of their videos they do mention tanking/healing roles, so by the sounds of it you will be have tank and healers, but its a lot more open than the way wow does it. it says on the video if you want to tank in heavy armor and use a bow, you're free to do that, and a healer could specialise into sneaking and still be viable.
    and yes, please addon support, you're correct that it usually takes game devs a while to implement features that players can make a lot quicker. if you look at WoW, a lot of features that start as addons end up being made into the game by blizzard.

and also yes, i hope casters dont totally suck like in Skyrim, i think pc had some mods to fix it, but i play on xbox and caster was useless. even with decent armor and decent level magic, it was quicker for me to pull out a sword and hit most mobs to death. i usually eneded up with sword in one hand and a spell in the other. im sure for an mmo they will ballance it a bit more.