Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Got a couple mails/PMs so looks like we'll be up to 45 members or so but sadly the guild system is down so I can't actually do the invites, but I don't hate you, I promise.
    It keeps coming and going for me, but then again, I keep getting kicked out with Unknown Error so yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Both WoW and SWTOR do this. SWTOR with all its quests, and WoW with the cutscenes it has for certain quests. You become invisible in WoW when in a cutscene that's phased, but in SWTOR your character remains there, talking to the NPC as they do in ESO (at least that's what it seemed like when I played the beta)
    I am not talking about the quests or cut scenes. If I am walking around randomly in a city in ESO, a random guard can make comments to me while I pass by.

When I am riding a horse for example and pass a guard, he will say "Thanks for saving this town". But what he says is something I can only hear. I am in no way actually interacting with the guard.

Take it we having some issues since the patch? Can't login at all atm "unknown error" messages.

Happens but mildly irritating all the same

Edit: They heard me complaining \o/
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    what happened to guilds? disabled again?
    The thing is when actual servers are overloaded rest are put into overflow servers where guild and friend functions are disabled. So until you are lucky to get into actual servers no guilds

I have no acces to guild and that stuff right now. Remember reading about it a while back, an overflow server where you can level and progress your character but cannot acces guilds, friends and pvp. Maybe that whats happening right now and not a bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, looks like all my items in my bank are safe. My gold however..... all 64k I had in it is gone...

So according to latest patch notes the "Get a Frog" quest was removed? Just making sure so I know to remove the quest (I hadnt finished it because I didnt have the Intimidation and Persuasion skill)

Thanks.

Deleted
    woah ... they fucked up pretty badly this time.

A lot of people get "Unknown Error" messages and get kicked out of then game when trying to change zones;
    Some of my guildies can't login because of the account security feature - the mails with the codes never get sent or arrive an hour late (you can only use them for 10 minutes);
    Guilds disabled once again ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Tech has dramatically improved since 2004. Hardware is far cheaper and more powerful than it used to be, and the software to back it up is far more advanced as well.
    Tech may have improved, but code is code. Code was written from scratch in 2004, and it's written from scratch in 2014. It's not open source, and thus companies that don't have it yet have to develop it. That's the thing people often forget. Yeah, Blizzard has been refining their code for a decade now, but that means jack shit for Zenimax, as they don't have access to that code, and most likely don't have access to any of the people who wrote that code either.

Even if there was some server software that all companies used - and mind you, there isn't, it's all proprietary - the client is still developed in-house, the "world builder" software and other developer tools are still developed in-house, and so on.

Now, it's a completely different thing if Blizzard creates a new MMO, using what they've already developed and refined for WoW. Then you can say there's a decade of advances behind it. But a company who hasn't developed an MMO before... You can't expect them to start off anywhere else than at the very beginning.

Deleted
    well thats worrying, just got disconnected while playing, try and log on and i get "!this computer is not authorized to login to this account"

dont like the sound of this!

About this smooth launch...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    The launch itself was smooth. The days after however...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post

Aside from a few stuck on loading screen and the odd disconnect ive not had that many issues. only had 2-3 bugged quests aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone post Craglorn already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    i think at the most I have seen like 5k viewers on Twitch. I know thats probably not a very good way to tell how good a game is. But that seems very very low. The only time it ever shot up was when Towillee was streaming and I think he only played one night when it first went live. Hell Pokemon gets more viewers and Id rather eat my gun than watch someone play Pokemon so i guess that shows how bad ESO is. Not that I needed any reason to hate the game considering Beta was a horrible experience. I had more fun in SW:ToR beta and that game was terrible.
    Everyone is playing the game not watching someone else play it. I don't understand why people get off watching other people play, seems very boring to me. I don't watch sports either though for the same reason. Playing sports is fun though.

Deleted
    I just completed the level 20 mainstory quest 'castle of the worm' I am really loving the main storyline so far, it is really exciting. I definitely did not expect Abnur Tharn to be truly good, although I still have this feeling he might change his cloak once more. Besides that I never expected the prophet to be the emperor, although it was an 'ofcourse' moment when he told his name was kinda wondering who else would be in the new 5 companions. Besides that, I wonder if Molag Bal does know about Mannimarco's end game, I think he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    Good. I don't even want players like you in this game. It's better without you.
    Yeah it's safe to say someone who uses the word "buyed" makes the community better when they leave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mannimarco obviously doesn't succeed as i didn't see him in skyrim <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    I just completed the level 20 mainstory quest 'castle of the worm' I am really loving the main storyline so far, it is really exciting.
    Oh you're in for a treat ... get's really fucking epic

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    So, looks like all my items in my bank are safe. My gold however..... all 64k I had in it is gone...
    That's something that would actually make me quit the game no matter how much I'm enjoying it. I'm close to the 42k horse, if my money is wiped out I'm gone.