Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    They mentioned something about if one team was dominating RvR, the other two factions could team up and work together to overthrow them.

source: http://tamrielfoundry.com/development-faq/
    Yeah, the technical translation for that is "We plan on doing NOTHING for balance issues as we're pinning our hopes on the 3 faction system hopefully would prevent this."

This is assuming the 2 sides will work together, and will be as large or larger as the Ebonheart Pact...which there's a VERY good chance they won't be.

PS. Why would the two sides work together? Isn't the whole POINT of the faction sides to JUST be working with your faction?

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 05:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    I think you'd rather want to wait for TES:6 in that case or you'll most likely be in for a big dissapointment. They're making an MMO in a familiar setting with new areas in addition using familiar story, lore and background to tell a new tale in a game mechanic designed to deliver to multiple players where you're no longer as chosen as you were before but rather among the chosen ones who're set to discover the marvels of Sandbox MMO'ing.
    Has anybody noticed that the fans of ES:O have dropped the "RPG" from MMORPG? I think it's their way of trying to mentally wrap their head around the asinine gameplay decisions/directions they've made. I mean, why bother attempting to justify or comprehend their design directions when you can simply re-define the entire genre by dropping the "RPG" in "MMORPG"? :P

And, before you say it - yes, Zenimax calls it an MMORPG - it's right there in the FAQ:
    http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/support

What is The Elder Scrolls Online?
    The Elder Scrolls Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) set in Tamriel, the ancient land that includes the provinces of Morrowind, Daggerfall, and Skyrim.

People have shortened MMORPG to just MMO since the late 90's. Don't bait. -Sj
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-02-03 at 06:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

Has anybody noticed that the fans of ES:O have dropped the "RPG" from MMORPG? I think it's their way of trying to mentally wrap their head around the asinine gameplay decisions/directions they've made. I mean, why bother attempting to justify or comprehend their design directions when you can simply re-define the entire genre by dropping the "RPG" in "MMORPG"? :P

And, before you say it - yes, Zenimax calls it an MMORPG - it's right there in the FAQ:
    I'm not sure I follow.. You could add MMORPG on my statement and it makes as much sense as before. The debate was regarding SP or MMO in which I simply shortened the title for relevance. You're taking a statement out of context and drawing an invalid conclusion as you can easilly replace each of my "MMO" 's with "MMORPG" 's.

I have a question in your direction, though. You seem hellbent on trying to devalue every design decition, purposely throw outdated sources without credibility in here and generally refer to the term "Fans of ES:O" in regards that it seems you are not one of them. If you're not a fan and simply trying to ruin otherwise perfectly good debates, why're you here aside from trolling? =)

Edit: Because you got so upset about me using the term "MMO" regarding an MMO debate, I've gone back to correct my wording for your pleasure. It's the same point, same arguement but this time adding the obvious "RPG" behind it despite lack of context just to please you. Happy? =D

I sense you are trying to start a flamewar, making points for people to jump on your hate train.
    I drop the rpg/fps thing for every mmo, because I'm lazy. f*ck me, right?

10+ Year Old Account

Not as if it being written in the FAQ magically negates and strips from existence every interview and occurrence of them saying they prefer to call it an MMOG over an MMORPG. I personally say 'MMO' regardless of sub-genre.

It could be a way for people to wrap their heads around the gameplay, because it's so complicated, or it could be a simple bit of PR work to try and appear different than the others to be recently churned out.

We're not going to have this MMO/MMORPG discussion as it's merely troll- and flame-baiting. People have shortened MMORPG to just MMO since the late 90's. This is the only warning.

How come no one ever follows the age old advice of, if you have nothing nice (or constructive in this case)- don't say it at all?

Because a lot of people want to see this game crash and burn. There is always a certain sub sec of people that when they see something big annoced the one thing they are looking for is it to fall flat on its face.

When you are posting critcism it should nearly be manditor to post a suggestion with it or at least to say why it is bad. (well I think every post no matter what the subject should be back up with a reason tbh, post that just say "this is great" or "this is bad" with no reasoning behind it are generally just a waste of space)

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Because a lot of people want to see this game crash and burn. There is always a certain sub sec of people that when they see something big annoced the one thing they are looking for is it to fall flat on its face.

When you are posting critcism it should nearly be manditor to post a suggestion with it or at least to say why it is bad. (well I think every post no matter what the subject should be back up with a reason tbh, post that just say "this is great" or "this is bad" with no reasoning behind it are generally just a waste of space)
    These hyped games always have certain camps that go along with them, whose feelings towards the game range from worship to utter hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by -Sj View Post
    These hyped games always have certain camps that go along with them, whose feelings towards the game range from worship to utter hatred.
    I'm not sure it's entirely hype. Part of it is there are people who play the TES single player games that just wanted something like Skyrim co-op. They are upset and feel like Bethesda sold them out by turning it into an MMO. So you have that group that is upset and pretty vocal about expressing how disappointed they are in ESO.

And there probably are some people who are still going by stuff they heard from way back when the game was announced in May. These people think the game will run on the hero engine and be third person only. Or some variation of a WoW clone. So they spread all this disinformation around.

Then you have those who are excited about ESO but not exactly the fan boys. They have concerns about the game but they also try to correct the misconceptions about the game and comment on what details of the game are released.

Lastly you have the huge Skyrim fans or the kids that just watched the cinematic and think it's going to be skyrim online. Those are probably the rabid fan boys that won't listen to any opinion about the game that contradicts their own.

Deleted
    Is it confirmed that it will be exactly like Skyrim in the way you control your character and spend talent points etc?

Insanely disapointing in that case :/

This is assuming the 2 sides will work together, and will be as large or larger as the Ebonheart Pact...which there's a VERY good chance they won't be.

PS. Why would the two sides work together? Isn't the whole POINT of the faction sides to JUST be working with your faction?

Well if they have mega servers then all the players are gonna be funneled into different maps of cyrodill right? And once your faction hits the cap i assume youll get put in a new map. Unless im totally misunderstanding how their servers work. So i dont think the maps will be unbalanced faction numbers wise, some may be more organized but i think it will sort it out by itself. Again unless im misunderstanding how the servers work.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Is it confirmed that it will be exactly like Skyrim in the way you control your character and spend talent points etc?

Insanely disapointing in that case :/
    What exactly is wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    maybe he's not an elder scrolls fan?
    In which case he shouldn't play this game xD

Deleted
    NDA in effect? has beta officially started then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    They forgot about me if it did!

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    It would seem so in which case I didn't get in on this wave ;(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    They forgot about me if it did!

i didnt think we would get beta this early, but if its not beta i dont see what the NDA is for. unless there is alpha testers here :P

but yeah, as soon as i saw the NDA i checked me emails so fast, really dissapointed

I'm not sure if the beta has started yet or not, but seeing as how beta sign-ups started a while ago, it's better to remind people beforehand rather than after it's too late. Just keep that in mind and report any NDA breaches ASAP so we can delete or edit the posts.

Don't take this as an announcement as the beta starting, but that there is an NDA for any of you that get in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Sj View Post
    I'm not sure if the beta has started yet or not, but seeing as how beta sign-ups started a while ago, it's better to remind people beforehand rather than after it's too late. Just keep that in mind and report any NDA breaches ASAP so we can delete or edit the posts.
    aye aye captain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    I dont like it obviously? :P