10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Is there a reason why you made the link neon green?

Mah eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Is there a reason why you made the link neon green?

Mah eyes.
    Yeah i was perusing this thread then i got the burns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Objective Complete!

Hey just cut the guy some slack, he's just trying to be helpful!

It was intentional, so that those of us who asked for the addons got it burned into our cornea so we wouldn't forget!

Anyone know Exploration on cloth chest? Or Training on 2H Axe and/or 1H mace? Or Sharpened on lightning staff while we're at it? (NA server.)

I updated what traits I know to trade or paying 300g per item to research.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    It was intentional, so that those of us who asked for the addons got it burned into our cornea so we wouldn't forget!
    But... but... I wasn't looking for AddOns, just scrolling through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey just cut the guy some slack, he's just trying to be helpful!

Haha, pretty much. Actually, the reason I did that is I use a dark theme for the site and hyperlinks look no different than regular text, so I tend to color them. I just used the wrong shade of green, sorry! It iz fixed now!

Haha, pretty much. Actually, the reason I did that is I use a dark theme for the site and hyperlinks look no different than regular text, so I tend to color them. I just used the wrong shade of green, sorry! It iz fixed now!
    Hmm, how do you use the dark theme? A pm would suffice more so as to avoid derailing this thread. I tend to peruse MMO champ just before going to bed or immediately when I wake up and that beige background is really doing me no good.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an extension for Chrome called Stylish.

On-topic: A picture of the thread!

My avatar and sig look awesome in that theme :3 And the theme looks awesome. Installing as I'm typing this installed.

Deleted
    Oh i see what you mean. The thing is though, that's not very consistent is it? Plus, with a high innate crit rating, you can animation weave light attacks into veiled strike for the same GCD, dealing much more damage.
    Now, a case could be made if you can weave out of cloak, so you can essentially bypass the whole crit rating. If not, then medium armor is not at all useless. If you can then you can just skip it.
    I just leave this here. Pictures speak more than words sometimes. In this case it is a video. Dude basically perfected the things I stated earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCzi8HgN6AE

That being said, I dont like that playstyle or better, the style at all. What I mean is that I feel a nightblade should pull that kind of stuff off while wearing medium armor and dual wielding or whatever, not wearing a dress and a staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    I just leave this here. Pictures speak more than words sometimes. In this case it is a video. Dude basically perfected the things I stated earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCzi8HgN6AE

That being said, I dont like that playstyle or better, the style at all. What I mean is that I feel a nightblade should pull that kind of stuff off while wearing medium armor and dual wielding or whatever, not wearing a dress and a staff.
    Seriously, you link the exact same thing I was talking about a few pages back. I said it's doable but I notice doing more damage, killing stuff easier and overall better quality of life by going medium. Both Kutsuu and Griffith agree. Deagen is good, don't get me wrong, it's just a matter of different things. You come in here claiming that it's the best end of story, I'm saying it's not.
    Deagen's build is a bit more safe, the other two are faster. In the end of the day, use what works for you.

I don't have a problem with what you're saying, in fact I said it's perfectly viable. I have a problem with you being absolute though.

And here's my link too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, you link the exact same thing I was talking about a few pages back. I said it's doable but I notice doing more damage, killing stuff easier and overall better quality of life by going medium. Both Kutsuu and Griffith agree. Deagen is good, don't get me wrong, it's just a matter of different things. You come in here claiming that it's the best end of story, I'm saying it's not.
    Deagen's build is a bit more safe, the other two are faster. In the end of the day, use what works for you.

I don't have a problem with what you're saying, in fact I said it's perfectly viable. I have a problem with you being absolute though.

And here's my link too.
    So far, this is the best nightblade I've seen. His sneak attacks are insane! I just don't particularly care for it. Vid of him in action.

So far, this is the best nightblade I've seen. His sneak attacks are insane! I just don't particularly care for it. Vid of him in action.
    Delivered exactly what I expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    Oh ...I see why you die and fail in VR. See you are a NB and you play it wrong. I know, lots of NB lads suffer through this and it is basically a mindset problem based on flawed game design choices. First of all, get rid of the following: Dual wield, medium armor. You dont need that.

Now equip this: Light armor, staff, preferably resto but destru would do too. Then spec into assassins blade, concealed weapon and disguised shadows. Basically 100% crit on cloak, dmg stun on opener and finisher. And yeah thats it. Magicka scales better than stamina so get rid of stamina if you want to get through mobs quickly.

SO far for build variance. There is none. Everyone plays as a caster if he doesnt want to gimp himself. Because magicka is king.
    This is my opinion on this.

This may be 100% correct, but I do not want to play my NB in that fashion. I am sure the info is good, however for me, I want to play a sneaky rogue-y type character, not a caster.

I am sure they will even things out in the future, if there is truly no other way to play my NB. If I want to pay a caster I would roll a Sorc. (Again probably the wrong class for a caster, when the math is done or something, I am sure.) But that is just me.

P.S. I am NOT the person who posted the youtube video, but I play a similar type build on my NB.
    Last edited by BrokenRavens; 2014-05-11 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRavens View Post
    This is my opinion on this.

This may be 100% correct, but I do not want to play my NB in that fashion. I am sure the info is good, however for me, I want to play a sneaky rogue-y type character, not a caster.

I am sure they will even things out in the future, if there is truly no other way to play my NB. If I want to pay a caster I would roll a Sorc. (Again probably the wrong class for a caster, when the math is done or something, I am sure.) But that is just me.

P.S. I am NOT the person who posted the youtube video, but I play a similar type build on my NB.
    For a sneaky rogue NB check the link on my last post.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a sneaky rogue NB check the link on my last post.
    I will! Thanks! :-)

Yeah, it's turning out pretty much as I had anticipated/feared so far with character/class builds being narrowed down into very limited and often undesirable choices by minmaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Yeah, it's turning out pretty much as I had anticipated/feared so far with character/class builds being narrowed down into very limited and often undesirable choices by minmaxing.
    The problem is twofold. Stamina is used by more than damage dealing/healing and weapon skills are weak. Imo, if they remove the perecentage cost of roll (block and bash are ok) and add a stationary cost closer to the default unbuffed stamina, and make stamina abilities stronger/scale better then we will finally be able to see some build variation.

My DK is lvl 16 now and I've got all the abilities I plan on using for my build already...It's crazy how much easier everything is, and a lot of it is just because of burning talons.