10+ Year Old Account
    So, is there anyway to solo lvl VR10-15? I'm VR10 and finished the factions with no clue what to do next. Went to Craglorn and simply got raped. Everything seems to be in packs of 5 and I just can't take em. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Bare in mind this is from June
    Would be nice if we could actually lay siege to that fortress, rather than some bland complex of walls stacked on top of a bland green hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    So, is there anyway to solo lvl VR10-15? I'm VR10 and finished the factions with no clue what to do next. Went to Craglorn and simply got raped. Everything seems to be in packs of 5 and I just can't take em. Am I missing something?
    Well some classes can take those grps but craglorn is mainy a group zone and everyone is in upper so might be hard finding a group maybe you can find a grind group to level.

So, as of this week it will be 6 months since they announced that the console release would be delayed by 6 months. Are we going to get another announcement soon? Personally, with the state of the game's population I think the console release will just be delayed indefinitely, with no interest in the game anymore and hype flatlining months ago, I don't think it would be financially worth it for them to release a year old P2P MMO on consoles.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    So, as of this week it will be 6 months since they announced that the console release would be delayed by 6 months. Are we going to get another announcement soon? Personally, with the state of the game's population I think the console release will just be delayed indefinitely, with no interest in the game anymore and hype flatlining months ago, I don't think it would be financially worth it for them to release a year old P2P MMO on consoles.
    Yeah, surprised they haven't come out with some clarification on the console version yet, or at least an update (last official word was still 2014 IIRC).

As for the game coming out on consoles a year later, it won't be too important. It's still a brand new game for most of those folks, and it's the equivalence of a "relaunch" to a certain extent, similar to how the PS4 versions of already released MMO's like DCUO and FFXIV got mini-"relaunches" in the past.

And it's totally financially worth it, I think they're banking on the console version doing proportionally well to Skyrim (which sole better on consoles than PC), even with the smaller install base. But we'll see. I've been pleasantly surprised that the game has done well with strong support from ZMO since launch, but I think the big text is the months following the console launch.

The console version will come either when they fix the veteran system they have in place right now and add things like the justice system or if they have plans to move the game to B2P which would work well on the console. This way they can just say we changed the business model to better suite the console. I don't see a big user base on the console side with subscription.

So far 7-8 months after release, all the leads are still on their team, so it doesn't seem like Bethesda is in any rush. I don't think a console version is coming out anytime soon. If anything it might be April '15 a year after PC release. It can be a great opportunity to release a fully fledged MMO on console that didn't require a subscription. If only they can integrate it with PCs that to me would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they don't get rid of the sub I like decent content every month and a half.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I hope they don't get rid of the sub I like decent content every month and a half.
    Maybe they won't, really depends on what Bethesda is happy with. So many people especially on MMO Champion had predicted ESO would follow the SWTOR trend. SWTOR announced F2P 6 months after launch, so far ESO is 7-8 months old and there doesn't seem to be trouble in paradise as their moves are very calculated and planned.

But I don't see a console release anytime soon. Definitely not this year or even Q1'15. But I personally would be very surprised if they launch a console version with subscription like FFXIV did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Maybe they won't, really depends on what Bethesda is happy with. So many people especially on MMO Champion had predicted ESO would follow the SWTOR trend. SWTOR announced F2P 6 months after launch, so far ESO is 7-8 months old and there doesn't seem to be trouble in paradise as their moves are very calculated and planned.

But I don't see a console release anytime soon. Definitely not this year or even Q1'15. But I personally would be very surprised if they launch a console version with subscription like FFXIV did.
    I expect a console beta announcement soonish maybe even on the next eso live as I expect the consoles to go live together with the champion system. I suspect the first beta weekend will be at the end of the year, either for invited only or for everyone who has already bought ESO.

Outside of that; I think that they won't do away with the sub, ESO had moments where they lost loads of subs and now they seem to be regaining subs steadily, so it would be a very dumb move to go from the p2p system right now as it still seems to be profitable and even more profitable in the future.

Personally I plan to rebuy ESO when it hits ps4 just to check it out more. I played it on PC in its early days and what annoyed me was how boring the leveling was and how it handled the auction house/grouping system for dungeons. But what annoyed me the most is playing it with a keyboard.

I can get over boring leveling if I can sit back and relax at the sametime. With a controller I can do this. I wonder if they will let u pre-order the collector version for ps4 but I dought it. I still don't think its going to get released or if it is its not going to have a sub attached to it. Its not doing as bad as SWTOR but its not doing as good as Rift and Rift lasted 3 years before a model change. DCUO went f2p 1 year after its release.

If and when it comes to consoles ill give it its 30days but if it dosen't hold my attention ill wait for it to go b2p/f2p. Not to sound like a doomsaying but it will go b2p/f2p even more so if the console port bombs. With FFXIV on the ps4 I will find it hard to justifi subbing to ESO over it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    I expect a console beta announcement soonish maybe even on the next eso live as I expect the consoles to go live together with the champion system. I suspect the first beta weekend will be at the end of the year, either for invited only or for everyone who has already bought ESO.

Outside of that; I think that they won't do away with the sub, ESO had moments where they lost loads of subs and now they seem to be regaining subs steadily, so it would be a very dumb move to go from the p2p system right now as it still seems to be profitable and even more profitable in the future.
    I think it would be a mistake to release the console version with a sub a year after the PC. The only really successful console sub MMO currently is FFXIV, and that has cross-platform servers and a huge following overseas justifying the sub, neither of which ESO has. Console gaming is a different mindset, and its very hard to justify paying another $15 a month for a single game in addition to the XBL or PSN subscription when you can only play with the friends that have the same console as you.
    Last edited by Therec; 2014-11-05 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    I think it would be a mistake to release the console version with a sub a year after the PC. The only really successful console sub MMO currently is FFXIV, and that has cross-platform servers and a huge following overseas justifying the sub, neither of which ESO has. Console gaming is a different mindset, and its very hard to justify paying another $15 a month for a single game in addition to the XBL or PSN subscription when you can only play with the friends that have the same console as you.
    Not sure how Microsoft will handle it but you do not need PS+ to play FFXIV on top of its sub. You can play it just fine as long as u sub to the mmo itself. Same go's for all there f2p titles like DCUO and Blacklight.

Good chance you will need XBL Gold to play MMO's on the XboxOne since you need to on the Xbox 360.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not sure how Microsoft will handle it but you do not need PS+ to play FFXIV on top of its sub. You can play it just fine as long as u sub to the mmo itself. Same go's for all there f2p titles like DCUO and Blacklight.

Good chance you will need XBL Gold to play MMO's on the XboxOne since you need to on the Xbox 360.
    Good to know, I assumed since games such as Destiny required a PS+ account the others did. I should swap to my PS4 for FFXIV if that's the case.

Back on topic, if they want to keep the sub for console then they need to enable cross-platform servers. Even if its just PC/Playstation then follow FFXIV's model (cross platform and no PS+ apparently) and let people play how they want to play with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    Back on topic, if they want to keep the sub for console then they need to enable cross-platform servers. Even if its just PC/Playstation then follow FFXIV's model (cross platform and no PS+ apparently) and let people play how they want to play with friends.
    The only reason I don't see them do that is because Bethesda is very close to Microsoft, so even if they could do PS4 + PC while letting XBox1 be on their own they wouldn't. It either happens across all systems or doesn't happen at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    The only reason I don't see them do that is because Bethesda is very close to Microsoft, so even if they could do PS4 + PC while letting XBox1 be on their own they wouldn't. It either happens across all systems or doesn't happen at all.
    And so it needs to happen across all, but it wont bc Microsoft doesn't play well with others. Sales will suffer then bc you have to convince your PC friends to all transfer over to whichever console you're playing on, or play separately. The hype will be way down when compared to earlier this year, and without the promise of getting to play with your friends cross platform less people will buy it. Ill be curious to see the numbers if/when it is released on console. It definitely wont be nearly the numbers of those who play the game on PC, but I hope with megaservers it will be enough to sustain the QA teams making sure the console versions are stable as well as make it an enjoyable experience with enough players that the world doesnt feel empty.

Edit: now that I think about it it's also a deterrent for PC players to swap to console. Sure you keep your account but you lose your friends and clans you made on the PC, essentially starting over max level alone in a group-based endgame since you leveled up already on the PC. The promise they made about being able to transfer doesn't sound worth it anymore.
    Last edited by Therec; 2014-11-05 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    6-month loyalty pet revealed it's a dwemer sphere http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...loyalty-reward also a pet in the store http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...shy-and-pinchy. I have to say they do the store pet correctly at least you get a real life plushy as well.
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    6-month loyalty pet revealed it's a dwemer sphere http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...loyalty-reward also a pet in the store http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...shy-and-pinchy. I have to say they do the store pet correctly at least you get a real life plushy as well.
    I got that store pet by accident at the start of the game. :P They send it to all collector's edition holders too, so I already have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    I got that store pet by accident at the start of the game. :P They send it to all collector's edition holders too, so I already have it.
    I think this is a different one since it's red. The others were grey and blue i think.

Deleted
    I think this is a different one since it's red. The others were grey and blue i think.
    No red and grey. It's also called rufous mudcrab

I have to say they do the store pet correctly at least you get a real life plushy as well.
    Amen! The mudcrab is adorable. I must have him. :P

Also really nice to read that you don't have to be subscribed a consecutive 6 months to receive the loyalty pet.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson