Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not even a remote possibility. The game still has a long life ahead of it, especially with the console versions coming out.
    Agreed 100%... therefore I think this retail recall is unrelated to any business model change that may or may not happen.

Or to be more precise: there are no conclusions we draw connecting the two together. Going back over the last few pages, each new theory creates more questions than it answers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthat View Post
    Agreed 100%... therefore I think this retail recall is unrelated to any business model change that may or may not happen.

Or to be more precise: there are no conclusions we draw connecting the two together. Going back over the last few pages, each new theory creates more questions than it answers.
    it's not to surprising that this has driven F2P rumors honestly, people have been saying it will go F2P since it was announced, even subscriber rewards got a F2P speculation
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Not even a remote possibility. The game still has a long life ahead of it, especially with the console versions coming out.
    eh, separate servers for each console is a big tank and don't you have to pay for xbox live before you can play online stuff?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you have to paid XBL to play online even for p2p.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    eh, separate servers for each console is a big tank and don't you have to pay for xbox live before you can play online stuff?
    It's been known since before launch its separate servers simply because Microsoft won't allow players on Xbox live to play with ps4 players. As for ps4 and pc players.. Having played ffxiv with them I'd rather not do that again. Also the cost of Xbox live is pointless... Since if you have an Xbox you are going to have it anyway period. It's the same reason I have a subscription to Netflix at the same time I have one to live as well. That's entirely microsofts doing as ps4 will not need to do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dio the Holy Diver View Post
    I think it's funny how a lot of people, see: fans still playing the game, are responding to rumors and people who favor ESO dropping it's subscription. The only way I found out about these rumors is because even though I cancelled my sub 6 months ago I still check in to see how the game is doing. I would come back if they removed the sub and not before. I already invested money in a game that wasn't ready to be released and as a consumer I don't think it's worth the sub to play it. I don't really care how much they change or fix the game, for me, just isn't worth the money. I still don't want to see it fail though.

I know it could still be successful without the subscription. Why? Just add in simple cash shop things that let you skip the massive gold sinks that already exist in the game. Don't want to spend hundreds of thousands of gold to have more bank slots? $5 per upgrade. Don't want to spend 40,000 gold on a horse? $10. You get the idea.

Another model they could explore, which many games have been successful with for years; such as EvE, and newer games like Archeage and now WoW will be using the direct gold/subscription conversion and allow players pay their monthly fee with in game currency. I just hope that they don't go the SW:TOR model and lock you out of things in the game unless you pay without the option to buy things with in game currency. For me that would be worst case scenario.
    It's insanely easy to make gold in ESO, there is absolutely zero reason to sell bank space for cash, you can also buy a mount currently from the imperial edition. Even though it's primary uses for bag space and nothing more

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    If they do end up changing the payment model they will have to be very careful on what they put in the cash shop IMO. One of the strengths of the game is the immersion you get from the game (well as much immersion as you can get in an mmo anyway). You don't want to totally destroy that by adding stuff like the Christmas tree mount that they did in SWTOR.
    Last I checked ESO doesn't even have any holidays, does it? I agree with what you're saying though.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    In the meantime someone noticed this in the account control panel http://imgur.com/ID2aQ9q

- - - Updated - - -

I just looked it up : it also is in my own account control panel

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    In the meantime someone noticed this in the account control panel http://imgur.com/ID2aQ9q

- - - Updated - - -

I just looked it up : it also is in my own account control panel
    Cool, so at least you won't need multiple subs/box purchases to play between platforms. While it sucks you can't use the same character between them, being able to swap between platforms is at least a solid move.

Deleted
    Cool, so at least you won't need multiple subs/box purchases to play between platforms. While it sucks you can't use the same character between them, being able to swap between platforms is at least a solid move.
    Is that whatit says though? It just says to me that you need your Xbox account added to your ESo account so you can buy sub and stuff for it. ^^

Is that whatit says though? It just says to me that you need your Xbox account added to your ESo account so you can buy sub and stuff for it. ^^
    Oh, derp. Haven't finished my coffee yet, you're correct.

So it's a page for the console release. Cool, but we already know it's coming out on consoles this year >.>

Deleted
    That page should mean people will be able to pre-order it from Zenimax quite soon. This is mostly to make sure the transition is smooth, shouldn't last longer then 1-2 weeks for an announcement. They might even want to release consoles close to or right after the update 6 release, which seems likely at this point.

Besides that, there used to be an offer when you could get eso now and then later swap your characters over to consoles.

That page should mean people will be able to pre-order it from Zenimax quite soon. This is mostly to make sure the transition is smooth, shouldn't last longer then 1-2 weeks for an announcement. They might even want to release consoles close to or right after the update 6 release, which seems likely at this point.

Besides that, there used to be an offer when you could get eso now and then later swap your characters over to consoles.
    AS far as i remember it was if you activated your account before june 30 last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, no announcement today?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    So, no announcement today?
    Not for 1.6 no, they did have an animation discussion for the new animations in 1.6

starts about 1:08 http://www.twitch.tv/zenimaxonlinestudios/v/3695994
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Not for 1.6 no, they did have an animation discussion for the new animations in 1.6
    Did they show any of the new animations off?

Did they show any of the new animations off?
    they had a small clip in there, didn't say if it was the new animations but it did look quicker there though

I will say that they talked about a lot of the issues that I have with the combat. So it looks like they are at least trying to address them. I think they are on the right track.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of combat stuff? Removing auto attack from enemies and proper telegraphs? ???? Probably not...

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    What kind of combat stuff? Removing auto attack from enemies and proper telegraphs? ???? Probably not...
    didn't say anything about auto attack but they did talk about feedback and telegraphs certainly fall into that

10+ Year Old Account
    no news about f2p / b2p.
    at least the game got some publicity following the rumors...
    it still has a low playerbase, IMO.
    it still takes a while to find party for the daily vet (after 5pm GMT)
    and the number of 'able' pve/pvp guilds is very low (EU-DC)

I don't know about Low playerbase..There is a massive number of people playing on the US servers even on DC which is the lowest populated realm.

Not sure about the daily vets on Euro servers...I know i do them pretty much every day.