Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    I had no idea what my motivation to do anything was. It felt like every quest was just do a favor for some random dude and I had no overarching motivation to do anything unless I just wanted to be kind to these random people.
    What faction did you play and how far into the game did you get? Your complaints are how I've felt in every other MMO I've played. I definitely did not get that "task list questing" feeling at all in ESO. Many of the quest givers are recurring, especially in DC, so the 'random NPC' feeling was significantly reduced. Likewise, most of the 'side quests' tend to fit into the main story arc somehow. There were some areas with self-contained storylines, but I still found those interesting little side quests.

As for the rest, it's continuously pointed out that the only reason you can even do half the quests you're given is because your soul is trapped in Coldharbour. Maybe that's not as 'cool' as being a dragonborn, but that is your defining attribute in ESO. It allows you to traverse into realms where the living can't tread, interact with the undead, etc.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Dungeons from lvl 15 or so, then there are delves which are soloable from 8
    How do they compare to other dungeon content from other mmo's in terms of difficulty and reward?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    How do they compare to other dungeon content from other mmo's in terms of difficulty and reward?
    They are pretty difficult and they scale with your level, at least when i went into a starter dungeon at lvl 30 i got my ass handed to me by the first boss
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game caught aids fuck it
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

I knew it I said it and it happen
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/...9th/#sf7045222

The biggest change coming with Tamriel Unlimited is that you will no longer need a game subscription to play! Because we are removing the requirement for a monthly game subscription, you will now need to ensure you have an active PSN account with PlayStation Plus to play ESO as long as you like.

Tamriel Unlimited also debuts ESO’s new optional membership package, ESO Plus. With this premium membership service, players will be granted free access to all of the game’s DLC game packs; bonuses to XP, gold, and crafting; and a monthly allotment of Crowns to purchase items from the Crown Store. What’s the Crown Store, you ask? This is an all-new merchant store to ESO full of optional cosmetic and convenience items you can purchase for Crowns, a new currency allowing you to buy content directly from PlayStation Store. You’ll be able to fully enjoy ESO without being a member, but we think you’ll really enjoy the benefits if you have fun playing the game.
    It has gone Buy 2 Play.

After reading the details it seems it will be like DCUO. You will get the content current but the rest u ether buy or sub for.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    How much is PS Plus even?

Interesting info on here
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/

Seems like it's more or less like GW2 more or less now

"What restrictions are being placed on the game and players now that subscriptions are no longer required to play?"
    None. The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited is the full version of the game, with all previous updates and content additions, including the new Champion and Justice systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    How much is PS Plus even?
    $50 a year.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It was only a matter and question of time before TESO went free to play (or perhaps rather Buy 2 Play).
    Which is neat, might actually bother giving it a try now, outside the 30min I played in the beta, which was unimpressive as fuck, but that was - mostly - because of bugs and other issues.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow. And they are going with a subscription plan that provides cash shop currency, boosts to XP and other goodies. This is fantastic news.
    BAD WOLF

Time to re-install ESO!
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

The only shock with TESO going B2P was that they did it before Wildstar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Oh wow. And they are going with a subscription plan that provides cash shop currency, boosts to XP and other goodies. This is fantastic news.
    Ya all those things they said the game was never built for and would never be. ill be rebuying for Ps4 tho like I said its a good f2p/b2p MMO but a bad sub MMO in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    The only shock with TESO going B2P was that they did it before Wildstar.
    Yep besides EvE/WoW Wildstar is now the last sub MMO.

The only reason both are sub MMO's is because WoW has a massive playerbase and EvE works really well with its Plex system plus being a niche MMO that works. Not trying to sound like I am bashing ether of those MMO's.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-01-21 at 03:39 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally. Now I might pick it up online for $10 with 30day-game time and give it a whirl. $10 I am prepared to pay for this game, no more.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    Time to re-install ESO!
    I fully support their transition and without even knowing more details their model choice is ideal. B2P with a cash shop and a subscription option. To me, the most perfect payment structure. I will be playing and likely paying for the game. Heck, I may even resubscribe soon to get a leg up on some things. Totally love when a game company doesn't hem and haw over their game when they see what's going on.

WoW got stale for me really fast, even with the content I could do, so I'm excited to go back to Tamriel in a few months. Whoop whoop.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    But we have to wait till June?

Oh wait I'm blind, March it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya all those things they said the game was never built for and would never be. ill be rebuying for Ps4 tho like I said its a good f2p/b2p MMO but a bad sub MMO in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep besides EvE/WoW Wildstar is now the last sub MMO.

The only reason both are sub MMO's is because WoW has a massive playerbase and EvE works really well with its Plex system plus being a niche MMO that works. Not trying to sound like I am bashing ether of those MMO's.
    FFXIV has a sub too. Since that MMO is very popular, I don't ever see it being dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    FFXIV has a sub too. Since that MMO is very popular, I don't ever see it being dropped.
    No clue why I forgot FFXIV even more so since I am subbed to it. But what really helps FFXIV is that its cross platform/crossplay with ps3/ps4/pc and even tho I think its well worth its sub it wouldn't last if it wasn't for the cross platform setup.

So 4 MMO's in total and 3 of them we know won't change also another if u count FFXI but I feel thats a niche MMO. I don't see a main market MMO doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I fully support their transition and without even knowing more details their model choice is ideal. B2P with a cash shop and a subscription option. To me, the most perfect payment structure. I will be playing and likely paying for the game. Heck, I may even resubscribe soon to get a leg up on some things. Totally love when a game company doesn't hem and haw over their game when they see what's going on.

WoW got stale for me really fast, even with the content I could do, so I'm excited to go back to Tamriel in a few months. Whoop whoop.
    Exactly. They swallowed their pride, realized what needed to be done, and got on with it. The other option was slowly watching the game population deteriorate into nothingness and praying that a hail mary patch would bring everyone back.

This payment model should be used by every B2P/F2P MMO... it's so good. Don't lock content or silliness, but if I want to buy $20 Uber Sparkle Cosmetic Bracers I can.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Deleted
    Woot, it's the system like in Lotro. Yeah I am satisfied with that, I enjoyed that f2p system.