There will be no raids? Is this true?

Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    Don't know, but If they do I hope they don't make the same mistake TERA did and not put any raids in at launch. Or at least a couple weeks to a month after release.

the will have 30 heroic dungeons on the end game(I don't remember where I read it though). 30 dungeons, game+ and game++ are a nice content and if they make it hard to finish it will last long enough..also we will have the elder scrolls guilds were we can advance ranks(I hope not with dailies, but with repeatable, or drops turn ins, anything that will not be controled by developers but by us).

also we don't know yet other features that can eat your time...maybe a good housing system? Raids is not the only end-game content and day after day is also less and less desirable by the MMO community.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    the will have 30 heroic dungeons on the end game(I don't remember where I read it though). 30 dungeons, game+ and game++ are a nice content and if they make it hard to finish it will last long enough..also we will have the elder scrolls guilds were we can advance ranks(I hope not with dailies, but with repeatable, or drops turn ins, anything that will not be controled by developers but by us).

also we don't know yet other features that can eat your time...maybe a good housing system? Raids is not the only end-game content and day after day is also less and less desirable by the MMO community.
    I think i heard in one of the videos postet in the last couple of pages that housing isnt planned at this time.
    Im fine with the dozens of Dungeons and the three Faction Quest Areas on Launch, since i (and some others certainly too) will need quite some time to find the character i will happily call my main. If the first content patch hits maybe 2 or 3 months after launch, i will be totally fine with that.

Zenimax better release a lot more info. Wildstar is making TESO look like garbage atm, IMO(well, because there's hardly any info at all). Guess we'll have to wait until the first beta starts.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Zenimax better release a lot more info. Wildstar is making TESO look like garbage atm, IMO(well, because there's hardly any info at all). Guess we'll have to wait until the first beta starts.
    Is there a competition?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Is there a competition?
    A competition for what? Game Info? Hype? Of course there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    doesnt seem like there will be structured raids as in your guild of 20 players goes into its own instance with a lockout. It seems more like there will be these zones that ppl can play in and in those zones there will be quests and dungeons and bosses spread throughout and some of these bosses will require more than 5 players. So prolly think of it as open world raiding. But thats just what ive gotten from what they have said so far.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It's nice... but eh, TOR said the same thing. Not going to believe anything till I see it. Paraphrasing here, but I remember Ohlen... "We don't want a dozen people swinging lightsabers for 5 minutes until the boss dies. We want it to be heroic."
    This for sure. TOR had a lot of hype and I wish I had not fell for it. Will be a lot more careful about any MMO coming out. I bought GW2 because it had no sub and have no regrets. Really great MMO for not having a sub. TESO, if they have a sub, I will not rush into it and buy it, sub to , without first beta testing it or waiting to see the response the game has got after weeks of the release date. Too little is known about the game at this point for me to let myself get excited. The "fiasco" of TOR has made me that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    well, that sounds nice:

Combined with the AI-System for NPCs and groups of NPCs working together ... this might be fun.
    Holy fucking raptor Jesus on a jetski! I've literally been waiting my entire life for an MMO to do this!

Fighting one giant enemy is so lame. I want to fight a million enemy soldiers!

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    From what I've seen of Wildstar, it looks like an asian WoW clone. If that is TESO's competition, then...yikes.

Let's keep the discussion on TESO, there are other threads for other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Holy fucking raptor Jesus on a jetski! I've literally been waiting my entire life for an MMO to do this!

Fighting one giant enemy is so lame. I want to fight a million enemy soldiers!
    One of the devs was describing how a soldier enemy might throw a pool of oil on the ground, then signal his mage buddy to throw a fireball at the pool and create an inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    well, that sounds nice:

Combined with the AI-System for NPCs and groups of NPCs working together ... this might be fun.

also:

YAY!
    yeah, reminds me of playing skyrim with WARZONES rolling, big battles where you have to use LOS from archers from 5 directions, casters, etc
    really hope they don't go the boring ass wow raid route and glad to see they have no intention.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 01:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    This for sure. TOR had a lot of hype and I wish I had not fell for it. Will be a lot more careful about any MMO coming out. I bought GW2 because it had no sub and have no regrets. Really great MMO for not having a sub. TESO, if they have a sub, I will not rush into it and buy it, sub to , without first beta testing it or waiting to see the response the game has got after weeks of the release date. Too little is known about the game at this point for me to let myself get excited. The "fiasco" of TOR has made me that way.
    TESO was in development before TOR was lol, TOR wasn't ready to come out when it did and bw employees say EA rushed it out months earlier than they should have. they considered it in an early beta phase at release but had nothing they could do about it. the game itself wasn't bad, but it was a horribly buggy piece of shit with way too much focus on single player

what Z is doing with TESO reminds me of what blizz did. their pace, their game, their money, their systems, their ideas and a clear direction from day 1
    so far you have nothing to worry about, every reviewer loves it and they all keep saying how it feels so fluid and crisp and that was exactly what SWTOR didn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by blackyfrost View Post
    yeah, reminds me of playing skyrim with WARZONES rolling, big battles where you have to use LOS from archers from 5 directions, casters, etc
    really hope they don't go the boring ass wow raid route and glad to see they have no intention.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 01:53 PM ----------

TESO was in development before TOR was lol, TOR wasn't ready to come out when it did and bw employees say EA rushed it out months earlier than they should have. they considered it in an early beta phase at release but had nothing they could do about it. the game itself wasn't bad, but it was a horribly buggy piece of shit with way too much focus on single player

what Z is doing with TESO reminds me of what blizz did. their pace, their game, their money, their systems, their ideas and a clear direction from day 1
    so far you have nothing to worry about, every reviewer loves it and they all keep saying how it feels so fluid and crisp and that was exactly what SWTOR didn't have.
    That's the main thing that has me hopeful for the game, that each hands-on impression expresses how responsive and smooth the controls/animations are. WoW is the only MMO I have played (RPG-wise) that feels that way so it's exciting that another could be up to standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    That's the main thing that has me hopeful for the game, that each hands-on impression expresses how responsive and smooth the controls/animations are. WoW is the only MMO I have played (RPG-wise) that feels that way so it's exciting that another could be up to standard.
    The question I always ask, and never get answered, is will it still be "responsive and smooth" when played at 250+ ms latency. I think developers sometimes get caught up in the hype of making some fast-paced, revolutionary combat system and forget that not everyone is going to be playing with the server right next door.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    The question I always ask, and never get answered, is will it still be "responsive and smooth" when played at 250+ ms latency. I think developers sometimes get caught up in the hype of making some fast-paced, revolutionary combat system and forget that not everyone is going to be playing with the server right next door.
    that's a big boost for wow's subs, people with shitty connections on shitty computers can play it and they simply can't play much else
    i hope they tune the game for people who want to play the game and not the people who just happen to have a computer and want to log in and pick flowers. so sick of the lowest common denominator being treated like it's the mean

you gotta pay to play. take a stick to a baseball game and see how well it works in place of a $150 bat
    wow has that low-budget market, let them keep it. i personally don't care if people with 100ms+ latency can play it or if people with 7 year old dells can play it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackyfrost View Post
    that's a big boost for wow's subs, people with shitty connections on shitty computers can play it and they simply can't play much else
    i hope they tune the game for people who want to play the game and not the people who just happen to have a computer and want to log in and pick flowers. so sick of the lowest common denominator being treated like it's the mean

you gotta pay to play. take a stick to a baseball game and see how well it works in place of a $150 bat
    wow has that low-budget market, let them keep it. i personally don't care if people with 100ms+ latency can play it or if people with 7 year old dells can play it.
    Aaaand this is precisely what I mean. Take a look at a map sometime, genius. You might learn something. Such as, there are countries outside the US. No matter how good your computer is, you can't have sub-100 ms latency with the entire Pacific Ocean between you and the server.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Aaaand this is precisely what I mean. Take a look at a map sometime, genius. You might learn something. Such as, there are countries outside the US. No matter how good your computer is, you can't have sub-100 ms latency with the entire Pacific Ocean between you and the server.
    The previous poster didn't word things the best. However, he is right to a degree. Accessibly in both technical and design sense is a HUGE reason why Warcraft sustains. It's share popularity is the other, a perpetual machine. Also why we see such flimsy argument and in many cases outright stupidity such as, "This new MMO's animations are not as smooth!"

Well, no kidding. Warcraft can run on like an iPad. That is of course more appealing to the casual mass market that often are playing on big box/off the shelf systems. Or worse. 9_9

Looking at an aforementioned "map"; we see many countries where players might be playing at a PC bang, on public computers, are geographically poorly suited to server location, high population density, et cetera.

I worked for a publisher that brought eastern games to the western market. Specifically MMOs. Do you know why "Asian" MMOs run on like a Pentium 3? Because that is what many in those markets actually play games on...
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-03-24 at 01:13 AM.

I've seen people play WoW or other games on shit boxes and I don't know how they can stand that. Oh my god it looks so bad and uncomfortable. It's like if you showed them a game running at above 60fps with max graphics they'd have a religious experience.