Deleted
    I'm fully aware that Cyrodil will be the main pvp zone, but surely you can travel (and fight/city raid) in other factions zones? Example being if I was a Nord and wanted to fight some high elves could I venture into their zone Summerset Ilse and start causing some trouble?

Oh shit I never thought about raiding other factions' cities. I really really really hope they let us do that. F'ing SWTOR and factionless GW2.

Deleted
    Any information on whether or not it will be subscription-based? Also, I think it looks really awesome, I especially like the stuff about endgame/pvp. One thing I'm very concerned about is the combat, I just think it'll feel very clunky and very restricted in terms of having the typical Elder Scrolls combat, and only having 6 other abilities?

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like elder scrolls combat, so I'm glad to see they aren't going with the hotkey style. I imagine casters won't be able to swap out spells rapidly though. That could be rather OP.

6 months later and it went from looking like a steaming pile of shit to just looking really terrible. Maybe by release it will reach sub-par status.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    WTB more games that make crafting/non-combat professions a legitimate path for player progression.
    Yes please, I too think that's a brilliant concept, but sadly current MMOs don't seem to pay attention to it.

For those watching SAO, given my avatar, think of Lisbeth >.> She's an "artisan class", a blacksmith.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBat69 View Post
    I'm fully aware that Cyrodil will be the main pvp zone, but surely you can travel (and fight/city raid) in other factions zones? Example being if I was a Nord and wanted to fight some high elves could I venture into their zone Summerset Ilse and start causing some trouble?
    A huge part of me feels like this won't be an option, especially with Matt Frior playing a major role in the development. If they are recreating a DAoC like experience, then the factions zones will be safe, but Cyrodil will be a singular "frontier" of sorts. Additionally, if there isn't pvp free pve zones, they cut out a considerable portion of potential players.

I don't really mind either way. If there are some ways to invade a faction homeland, fine. If the homelands are safe and pvp is kept to Cyrodil, fine.

I am also in complete agreement that crafting should be a way to progress a character. Some type of merchant classes would be a very interesting concept. Especially if the economy was fairly dynamic. Such as if you wanted to make iron armor and weapons, you would go to a town near an iron mine and buy iron ore/ingots on the cheap. Then craft said materials, and then travel to an area that's less iron rich, and sell your items at more of a premium. They could really flesh out crafting in some major ways. Especially, since crafters could be a bit weaker in terms of combat, you might have to employ the help of npc mercenaries or other players to travel and peddle your wares. There are some Skyrim mods that flesh out Speech to be more a generalized merchant tree, and it's pretty neat.

Additionally, I want the ability to be a hunter of sorts and make money of pelts, leather, meat and potential alchemy ingredients that are gathered from animals (like saber cat eyes in skyrim).
    Last edited by Kaneth; 2012-10-26 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    I was cautiously optimistic about the game at first, but the more I read the less interested I get. The theme park PvE I've already written off completely, and I'm not keen on PvP being relegated to just Cyrodiil.

This is just going to be another one of those me-too MMORPGs that has a decent spike of sales at launch, and then fades off into obscurity like the rest.
    Sounds like most MMOs apart from rift to be honest.

I think TESO become a fine MMORPG...

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    6 months later and it went from looking like a steaming pile of shit to just looking really terrible. Maybe by release it will reach sub-par status.
    Sorry just really hate people like you. You can always tell the World of Warcraft fanboys. I think ES:O will do great and people like you should hope so. Enough negativity.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to drop WoW for Elder Scrolls online! True story bro!

Quote Originally Posted by hambadger View Post
    Sorry just really hate people like you. You can always tell the World of Warcraft fanboys. I think ES:O will do great and people like you should hope so. Enough negativity.
    I'm of a similar opinion, though not worded quite as strongly, and I haven't played WoW in years and am actually quite critical of it.

Let's not call others fanboys for having different points of view.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I'm of a similar opinion, though not worded quite as strongly, and I haven't played WoW in years and am actually quite critical of it.

Let's not call others fanboys for having different points of view.
    Sorry won't happen again. Just a bit over the people who support World of Warcraft. I can't see WoW in any form being good anymore and I just don't understand/like the supports. They hate on everything and generally ruin other peoples times. Since your a moderator, just a suggestion.... MMO-CHAMP should be about all MMO's. Not just focused on WoW. That part really gets old.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wimbo125 View Post
    I'm going to drop WoW for Elder Scrolls online! True story bro!
    I am too! I'm only playing for friends. I hate the game so much it's just insane. However I love my friends, so I keep playing the failure called MoP.... We started a guild for ES:O just waiting now. Then I am finally free of WoW. I can not wait till WoW dies.

Quote Originally Posted by hambadger View Post
    Since your a moderator, just a suggestion.... MMO-CHAMP should be about all MMO's. Not just focused on WoW. That part really gets old.
    I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.

Seeing as this site was started as a WoW fansite, I wouldn't expect it to change though. You're free to post about that in the Suggestions and Feedback forum, admins do read the threads there.

Deleted
    Don't know if it's been stated in the thread as of yet but TESO official website very recently updated to include some media and interesting articles. It's a pretty good read learning about the factions and seeing the comparison screenshots from famous places in TES single player games and the mmo.

Link.

If combat is real time they better have australian servers

also, playing chivalry online "hack and slash" FPS tier games have the potential to be really skillfull
    Last edited by rektbrah; 2012-10-30 at 10:49 PM.
    this game sucks

Deleted
    how will this work on consols ? i mean i always played TES on PC but some of friends play it on their xbox :P

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    how will this work on consols ? i mean i always played TES on PC but some of friends play it on their xbox :P
    Not being released for console. They stat this on the FAQ on the main website. elderscrollsonline.com
    Also no offense but consoles are going out of date anyways. Consoles are basically computers and why not just skip the middle man.....buy a comp.

MMORPG's dont belong on consoles. They never will until the consoles get updated and microsoft quits being money grubbing fucks and allow keyboard and mouse to be compatible with the xbox. At least Sony has some sense(you can buy this thing called Eagle Eye, that makes keyboard and mouse compatible with PS3).