Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    But a hardcopy preorder still isn't available? Or am I just to blind to find it?
    Not through uPlay, I'd imagine. You'd have to do it through a retailer like GameStop or EB Games or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm wondering if they're just making draemora of their own tastes, or this is supposed to be what draemora in service of molag bal look like. aren't the draemora we use in skyrim servants of mehrunes dagon?
    It depends on what plane of Oblivion they are summoned from I suppose. The ones in Skyrim feel like they are from Deadlands (the plane of Oblivion we visit in Oblivion).
    Also, edited because tired and stupid.

EDIT: Also bear in mind those are a subspecies of Daedra, the Dremora, which could also be divided into subspecies I suppose.
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2014-01-29 at 07:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    http://www.blur.com/

They make a lot of them for almost everyone.
    Should have known it was blur. Such quality work from those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    omg omg you can be any race in any alliance, that was one of the big gripes for me so i'm sooo happy.

I love how the Nord is like "aight Puny elf, you've had your fun, time to go home"
    I read it more as the Nord returning the favor and saving the Altmer because she saved him against that big beast, she sees he is having trouble with it at around 4:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    apparently Bethesda is working together with Ubisoft ... I just opened the uPlay client to download M&M X ... and whoosh:

Can confirm this is the case in U.S as well.

Ubisoft gives AC4 away like candy now lol. Buy an graphics card? AC4 for free! Pre order ESO? AC4 for free!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Not through uPlay, I'd imagine. You'd have to do it through a retailer like GameStop or EB Games or whatever.
    Okay, Collector's edition just produces no results with amazon, as it's the imperial edition.

One other thing got me puzzled, though. The german preorder features a picture of the game box and says 'play as all 9 races in all 3 factions.' Does anyone know if this is just... ahm... stupid talk?
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2014-01-29 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thats a sweet offer. Too bad i already finished black flag.

Also if you're a Greenmangaming member, check your email.

They're sending a 25% off coupon for ESO preorder, so the Imperial edition would be $60!

Every GMG member may not get a coupon, idk. I got mine though.

This is for existing GMG members only.

Edit: When you buy ESO from GMG, you will get another 25% off coupon to buy ESO again for a friend.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2014-01-29 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    I read it more as the Nord returning the favor and saving the Altmer because she saved him against that big beast, she sees he is having trouble with it at around 4:27.
    Yeah, I probably shouldn't say what I was thinking with that scene. It definitely fit under the M rating though. ;P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    But a hardcopy preorder still isn't available? Or am I just to blind to find it?
    The hard box copy (retail edition) I can't find on any sites either. Only digital editions. Amazon, gamestop, best buy, walmart. None of them have it currently. Curiously Amazon does have the PS4 and Xbox One edition of the Imperial Edition retail up, but not for PC

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Yeah, I probably shouldn't say what I was thinking with that scene. It definitely fit under the M rating though. ;P
    Yeah I thought that too at first (especially the rumors that go around with the Vikings), but the seem to have mutual respect for each other. I hope there is another part to these trailers, probably won't be though.

Quote Originally Posted by Markrain1 View Post
    The hard box copy (retail edition) I can't find on any sites either. Only digital editions. Amazon, gamestop, best buy, walmart. None of them have it currently. Curiously Amazon does have the PS4 and Xbox One edition of the Imperial Edition retail up, but not for PC
    I am just in desperate need of sleep, but amazon offers the retail edition. You even get a soundtrack CD thrown in. At least in germany, that is.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00I...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is what I just ordered. As it isn't possible to download statues, I guess they'll send me something. And yes, preorderers really do get to play as any race in any alliance.

I really hope i can play a pure non-magical warrior-class, or a pure non-magical archer-class. I fear that they will make warrior and archers using magic skills.
    All i want is normal ranged attacks, normal shield strikes and normal ranged attacks. I DON'T WANT SOME FANCY MAGIC ARROWS OR FIRE SWORD ATTACKS WHATEVER!

I want a realistic warrior or archer class

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    I really hope i can play a pure non-magical warrior-class, or a pure non-magical archer-class. I fear that they will make warrior and archers using magic skills.
    All i want is normal ranged attacks, normal shield strikes and normal ranged attacks. I DON'T WANT SOME FANCY MAGIC ARROWS OR FIRE SWORD ATTACKS WHATEVER!

There's some hope with them using things like chains/hooks to physically pull targets as a melee character rather than magic.

I'm really not a fan of the any race/any alliance change, not a deal breaker or anything but much prefer having distinct factions.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    I get your point, but realism isn't exactly something to ask for in a fantasy video game. Do you know what realistic warriors do? They die. Thousands and thousands of them die. If they don't die, they are huddled in formations under shields. Do you know what realistic archers do? Hide on top of walls and shoot arrows until they run out. They don't shoot them at the speed of elves. They rarely hit their targets. Most likely they are blindly firing into a group of warriors slowly moving in that shield formation I mentioned.

Realistic war is not fun to play in a video game, much less an MMO. There's a reason why they make strategy games for those instead of RPGs which let you be East Inner Shield Bearer#2, with the gameplay being you hold down the walk button with your shield raised and hope that an arrow doesn't kill you. if you make it to the castle you have burning oil and fire poured on your head. Yay immersion!

Ps I'm just taking the mickey, not being serious. You simply want a non magical fighter/archer. I'm sure you can do it, because you don't have to press magic buttons, but I don't know if it will be balanced. If everyone gets a heal, I'm sure you want a heal.
    BAD WOLF

$70 for a standard edition?
    $15.5 for a subscription?

Now I am absolutely sure the game is a cash-grab grab-and-run.

Also, play any race in any alliance is an extra pay content? Someone is out of touch with reality.

I'm actually happy with this "putting any race in any faction" thing. I was planning on playing the game with a friend but such friend wanted a Nord while I wanted an Altmer, which was a problem. What doesnt make sense is only allowing pre-orders to make such choice? If they are taking that path, just let everyone...

I'm sure this is what will happen in the end, but of course for now they will keep it as "pre-order only" to boost pre-order sales.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    well, i'm glad the elf girl seemed to survive, but it's a shame that badass breton turned bad :/

so it's $80 for the preorder? hmmmmm..... tempting. very very tempting. i'll wait until i see how much wow's 90 boosts costs before i preorder.
    Yeah I liked that Breton guy, shame that happened to him. I want his horse though

This whole race thing makes me happy though! My Breton can now go live with his Elven brethren in their tree cities! I wonder if they'll make it possible in the next beta, just to give people a taste of it before launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Also, play any race in any alliance is an extra pay content? Someone is out of touch with reality.
    It's my understanding that this mechanism comes to anyone who preorders. If, let's say, 30% of all players preorder, then 'foreign' races in each alliance should be rare. It would make for a nice flavor, and would fit the Elder Scrolls Universe, as not all members of each race think alike. It's not as black and white painted as WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    $70 for a standard edition?
    $15.5 for a subscription?

Now I am absolutely sure the game is a cash-grab grab-and-run.

Any race any alliance is pre order bonus not ce bonus. And we have so far absolutely zero information if you can aquire any race any alliance later either by purchasing it or just by playing. And it is not 70$ for standard edition. While I don't know the exact amount for $ (us elderscrollsonline.com redirects me to the german site) the standard edition is 55€.