Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Glenumbra's been disappointing as far as bugged quests are concerned. I have submitted a LOT of /bug reports.

i bet i can take a guess at the quests, same ones i submitted bug reports for. but it turned out their respawn time was just offensively longer than it should have been. i haven't actually come across a quest yet that i couldn't complete though, just some took longer than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthat View Post
    I wonder how small that group of testers is, given that no info leaked about endgame, as far as I know.
    I know that certain high level stuff has been testing since early last year, can't be more specific, but suffice to say: the buggy mess we've been experiencing in the stress tests is in no way representative of the final product (even as of December). I hope that comes as a relief to some of you. I wish they would make the final build available, but I assume they are trying to avoid spoilers at this point.
    It varies. I've been a part of some that have no more than a few dozen people actively testing, and others that have a few hundred. Remember though, these are usually all friends/family, trusted testers, high end guilds with reputations, and various affiliated employees. These are folks that they know they can trust to actually respect NDA's : P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i did come across a few quests where you needed to use an item or find items on the ground, and with 20 other people doing the quest it just took ages. a few quests i thought were actually bugged because the item was impossible to find, but after 25mins of looking one finally spawned.
    the first patient was a named npc which you needed to kill.. the other quest needed the npc to change his dialogue after your first talk / spawning the trap which was already there to become usable

Quote Originally Posted by Malbabo View Post
    They could, but they didnt. Its a tiny feature that you could change in a year, if you don't want to buy the Imperial Edition now. Or, like i said, look at the Imperial Edition as the "real game" and the "standard edition" as a "low cost" edition of the game... and all is ok in life. It really depends how you look at it.

Going over the fact that, afaik, we have no confirmation the Imperial IS a new race, if they will have their own racial or not, if its just a cosmetic or visual version, of the already available races (they mention "you can play Imperial Characters in any of the three alliances" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeAMlppColQ). Going over the fact that, afaik, the only real advantage the Imperial Edition has (and nobody seems affected by it) is the extra experience rings.
    Taken from - http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/new...-order-eso-now

"Play as an Imperial: Become an Imperial and play in any Alliance. Gain unique bonuses, crafting styles, gear, and more. [/quote]

From that I think it is very likely that Imperials will be a full race, not purely cosmetic, which means at some point we'll see what bonuses they get and their numbers will be crunched like in this article (linked earlier) - http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/02/racial-comparison/

That could shake out in a number of different ways. The Imperial could turn out to be (random examples here) about as good at tanking as a Nord and nearly as good a healer as a Breton. This could make them one of the most flexible, arguably the "best" race in the game, but as long as it's possible for another race to better them in a particular role I wouldn't call it p2w, just a very nice thing for folks who are big enough fans to get the Imperial edition.

However, if the numbers shake out so the Imperial is objectively the best at something, say they have all the advantages in tanking of the Redguard with a couple of percentage points added on, that would make them a pay-to-win race. It might only be a tiny advantage, on par with dwarf tanks having Stoneform for example, but it would still make TESO a game where a real money transaction allows you to play an aspect of the game better than anyone else.

How you would feel about that is personal to you. Honestly I don't care based on the general principal, only on how it affects game-play. With higher gear and skill levels racial abilities might become an almost non-factor, or at least I expect them to make little difference between first and second best at something. It's only if the advantage is so clear that one particular race becomes the expected standard, with a majority rolling them and a sense of being gimped playing something different, that I feel it would negatively impact my game-play, but that would be the same for any class either standard or collector's edition.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i bet i can take a guess at the quests, same ones i submitted bug reports for. but it turned out their respawn time was just offensively longer than it should have been. i haven't actually come across a quest yet that i couldn't complete though, just some took longer than others.
    I managed to complete a few the next day... only to run into others. I didn't camp any given quest for longer than 5 minutes though and usually the area was packed with at least a half a dozen other people who'd waited just as long (if not longer). Zone chat usually confirmed every blockage too.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Are racials a bigger deal in ESO? I've seen them all(In game) and a lot of them look very useful.
    They don't look like useless filler like in WoW.

Also, Argonians have such bad racials compared to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Balte View Post
    Are racials a bigger deal in ESO? I've seen them all(In game) and a lot of them look very useful.
    They don't look like useless filler like in WoW.

The most is a couple percentage points to mana regen or max hp/mana. They aren't completely gamebreaking, but if you are going to min/max you do need to take them into account. Although I imagine that Argonians and (someone else got screwed and I can't remember who) are going to have their racials changed before release.

Also, we don't know (or I missed it) what the Imperial racials are yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Let me say that I am a huge fan of previous Skyrim games and I love the lore and the world. But as much as I tried liking ESO I just simply can't even touch it anymore. I understand this is still BETA bla bla bla but there is just so much wrong with the game where in a current MMO market running a sub fee it won't last. This game reminds me of SWTOR launch but I will give it even less before it goes free to play and even then I still won;t bother playing it. Too much to list here why its so bad. Its been mention a lot in this thread.
    WoW, Season 2 Gladiator Rogue (Djprada). #1 3v3 RPM, Vindication BG, Old School Arena rating 2450 and 2v2 R/L 2400, Server Laughing Skull
    Swtor, Battle Master, Sith Assassin Dice, 690 Experise, Server Dearth Wind Corridor

Lvl50 - Assassin PvP Video http://youtu.be/To-k7ZaZGmA

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    The most is a couple percentage points to mana regen or max hp/mana. They aren't completely gamebreaking, but if you are going to min/max you do need to take them into account. Although I imagine that Argonians and (someone else got screwed and I can't remember who) are going to have their racials changed before release.

Also, we don't know (or I missed it) what the Imperial racials are yet.
    The benefits really need a better context to be evaluated. 10% extra magicka at 50? if it's only taking in your base and not every enchant and added bonus for example...

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    The benefits really need a better context to be evaluated. 10% extra magicka at 50? if it's only taking in your base and not every enchant and added bonus for example...
    That's what I'm thinking if it's an extra 10% on top of the 1000% or so you're getting from gear it's irrelevant. If it's 10% scaling with every relevant piece of gear there could be major balance issues. Paid characters or no, there's a fine balance between racial perks being OP or feeling irrelevant.

The Khajiit one that increases damage done by successful Critical Hits by 15% is pretty damn OP. That's gonna get changed for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    Not conclusive evidence no, but on reddit there is a CS rep saying you can buy imperial upgrades after launch...so thats 1 race for sale, its the beginning of a cashshop
    Actually, from what I've read, they're going to allow players to upgrade to the Imperial Edition at a later date. Not really a cash shop. Rift did that far before they ever instituted a real cash shop (which they only started AFTER going F2P.) And let's not start with the "slippery slope" argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balte View Post
    What do you expect for a race that's biggest racial was the ability to swim underwater for a longer period of time? Especially in a game where you can't swim underwater.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Am I the only one that never used a mini-map in MMOs? To me its always there, I look at it sometimes, but never actually use it. I liked what some games did like Tera where they have a map overlay on your screen.
    That was one of the things I liked about TOR was the ability to open my map and have it dim out enough to still see it while still running.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how much the media is allowed to say, but ProJared got allowed to reveal some gameplay footage and some time to talk about the game.

The lag in the wvw pvp area is beyond horrific. Even GW2 on ultra in a 100vs100vs100 zergfest was not that bad. I walked around for at least 3 minutes without being able to cast or attack! really really bad and ominous as I've seen it before and it most likely won't get much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The lag in the wvw pvp area is beyond horrific. Even GW2 on ultra in a 100vs100vs100 zergfest was not that bad. I walked around for at least 3 minutes without being able to cast or attack! really really bad and ominous as I've seen it before and it most likely won't get much better.
    Weird because others have stated how smoothly the pvp ran.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Weird because others have stated how smoothly the pvp ran.
    Yep. The PVP in ESO was the smoothest I ever seen (large scale).

Deleted
    Ran smoothly for me.

GW2 used a system called Culling in which players above a set number were simply not displayed to you, though you may be displayed to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    nevermind.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Not sure how much the media is allowed to say, but ProJared got allowed to reveal some gameplay footage and some time to talk about the game.

He is pointing out a LOT of the same issues that I had while playing Beta...glad others are on the same page as I was.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.