Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    If it is worth a sub. People will pay a sub.
    If it is worth a sub, people sub, grind their way to max level, and be bored. All in a very short amount of time, because people are going to play the game a lot. All due to the sub. Screw subs. Use DLC/expansion mechanism instead. New major content patch? Pay or can't play.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 03:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post

Look, even a B2P model like GW2 is not optimal if the game becomes stale with nothing new constantly. A B2P will mean a long period of time where there is little to no content between expansions, and players will get bored and quit the game.
    GW2 = B2P + microtransactions.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 03:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i didn't understand the guild question, did it mean WoW guild? i dont understand why that question was there.
    It probably meant: Are you from Paragon? Good for you. Known exploiters who don't report bugs -> Application denied.

But you can't ask it like that, can you?

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    GW2 = B2P + microtransactions.
    I meant from a content point of view. Little cash shop items are not going keep the game attractive in the long run if you don't update with real content. GW2 is currently suffering from a decline in players. Just responding to those who think B2P is the superior model to subscription, when it all depends on how you treat your players. Frankly Rift's model is better than GW2's for game longevity IMO.

I meant from a content point of view. Little cash shop items are not going keep the game attractive in the long run if you don't update with real content. GW2 is currently suffering from a decline in players. Just responding to those who think B2P is the superior model to subscription, when it all depends on how you treat your players. Frankly Rift's model is better than GW2's for game longevity IMO.
    Can you really attribute that to the B2P system or just ArenaNet? Because there are plenty of MMOs that started out based on subs that couldn't put content at a reasonable rate.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    I have very low expectations for this game. It just doesn't seem like it's going to work. However, the last time I felt this way about an MMO before it came out, it was WoW...
    Getting the "won't work" vibe too.

Discover quests by exploration? Good way for most players to miss 90% of the quests you created then complain there is nothing to do.

100s of players on-screen in PVP? Ha! The graphics and network load will be nuts. I will believe when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post

Discover quests by exploration? Good way for most players to miss 90% of the quests you created then complain there is nothing to do.
    Do really want another mmo to hold our hands through everything? I would love it if the content is done by discovery and not by a UI identification.

I know the trailer was about the different factions but it seemed to more heavily emphasize amazing combat. And amazing combat has never been a part of an ES game.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

There will be a compass similar to Skyrim that will point you in the direction of points of interest. You can choose to turn that off.

Quests will have multiple avenues of discovery. In other words, more than one quest giver so that it's less likely you'll miss it.

Quest givers will not have exclamation marks over their heads. They will have some sort of glow to let you know they have something important to tell you.

And of course, all the NPC's will be fully voiced.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post

100s of players on-screen in PVP? Ha! The graphics and network load will be nuts. I will believe when I see it.
    With the exploration to find quests it's keeping true to Elder Scrolls games. It seems to be an MMO that's sticking to the ES formula but tweaking the MMO formula. It's more likely to backfire than succeed but as a fan of the ES series I love the ES formula.

And while I'm getting used to the closed off world idea a little more it still irks me that that's the one thing they're deciding to keep from other MMO's which directly contradicts how ES games work.
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Do really want another mmo to hold our hands through everything? I would love it if the content is done by discovery and not by a UI identification.
    It's a matter of practicality.

Have you tried picking up low-level quests in WoW? It's a game of hunting with the cursor like those old graphic adventure games.

This is why I'm doubtful about the ESnline. The developers seem to have a lot of unrealistic "grand ideas".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    What probability did the beta signup page give you for getting in? I was "above average" although that probably doesn't mean much.
    Mine said Excellent, not sure why. I just answered every question honestly. I'm sure there's a pattern to it, but I doubt all the Excellents will be prioritized over the Above Averages.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I know the trailer was about the different factions but it seemed to more heavily emphasize amazing combat. And amazing combat has never been a part of an ES game.
    To be fair there isn't many ways you can show a dispute of a faction (in this case 4 since the Imperial were in the middle of it) without displaying combat everything was fine in my opinion but I do admit the assassin was very flashy in combat.

What really got me was the fact there was no Orcs,Khajit or Argonian.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    EVE launched in May of 2003, a whole year and a half before WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    In terms of new comer, you know EVE is older than WoW right? and they're still doing pretty well, both of em.
    I didn't say I think EVE is going to go F2P or B2P because it's newer than WoW (which I know it isn't). I'm saying it because, as successful as EVE is, the industry is changing rapidly towards an F2P or B2P model, and I don't see any game other than WoW surviving too much longer on a subscription model. Why? Because while WoW is at 10+ million subscribers, EVE is under half a million. Now I realize that EVE's gameplay is truly unique, however, if not in the next year or even two years, I can see it's subscribers maybe becoming more interested in all the new F2P or B2P games coming out. Same goes for RIFT. WoW, however, has 10 million strong, so it could pretty much lose 10 times as many subscribers as EVE has and still be fine with a subscription system.

I just think that the way things are going right now, B2P seems to be the choice for MMO's and it won't be long before the rest follow.

But back on topic: I wonder how soon we can expect the beta.
    Last edited by Maester; 2013-01-24 at 03:21 AM.

I just realized how bad the faction imbalances are going to be. Aldmeri Dominion is going to be barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    To be fair there isn't many ways you can show a dispute of a faction (in this case 4 since the Imperial were in the middle of it) without displaying combat everything was fine in my opinion but I do admit the assassin was very flashy in combat.

What really got me was the fact there was no Orcs,Khajit or Argonian.
    From what I remember of my ES lore, those races are more 'tag-along' than 'leaders' in the grander scale. Orcs have their strongholds, traditional Khajiit fighting is close to the polar opposite of "CHAAAAARGE! TO THE LAST MAN!"-tactics, and I have little to no clue about Argonians except that Dunmer used them for slavery.

Then again, I might be completely wrong, talking out of my ass, and about to enter a depression since I'll doublecheck everything I just wrote here on uesp.net.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I just realized how bad the faction imbalances are going to be. Aldmeri Dominion is going to be barren.
    It is going to be interesting to see how the hate for the Aldmeri in Skyrim carries over to ESO.

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    From what I remember of my ES lore, those races are more 'tag-along' than 'leaders' in the grander scale. Orcs have their strongholds, traditional Khajiit fighting is close to the polar opposite of "CHAAAAARGE! TO THE LAST MAN!"-tactics, and I have little to no clue about Argonians except that Dunmer used them for slavery.

Then again, I might be completely wrong, talking out of my ass, and about to enter a depression since I'll doublecheck everything I just wrote here on uesp.net.
    Never really got into the "leaders" thing for ES but it just strikes me as odd to not show them in the trailer when it's trying to depict the war between the factions.

Khajit and Argonian make sense since they do tend to be more focused on sneaking but a brief scene or even seeing them in the background would have been awesome, Argonians also make decent mages (Mainly female) which we didn't see.

Maybe, some people will roll Aldmeri just for the races. A friend of mine actually said he'd rather play a Wood Elf if I wasn't dead set on Ebonheart Pact.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Never really got into the "leaders" thing for ES but it just strikes me as odd to not show them in the trailer when it's trying to depict the war between the factions.

Khajit and Argonian make sense since they do tend to be more focused on sneaking but a brief scene or even seeing them in the background would have been awesome, Argonians also make decent mages (Mainly female) which we didn't see.
    Are we forgetting the Shadowscales so quickly? I doubt this game predates the Dark Brotherhood.

I'm not sure about Orcimer but I know that Khajiit got into a pact with the Aldmeri dominion because of a crisis where the moon disappeared but eventually returned and the Aldmeri convinced the Khajiit that they're the ones that brought the moon back (don't remember which moon). This though I think is the reason that the Khajiit and Aldmeri are allied NOW; I have no clue why they'd be allied back then. Overall, the Khajiit seem to be rather insignificant.

Also, here's to hoping we see Ma'iiq the Liar. He seems to have lived for a damn long time already. Another thousand years doesn't sound too ridiculous.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-01-24 at 03:38 AM.

GW2 is currently suffering from a decline in players.
    Well, they hit 3 million sales not too long ago, and servers continue to show heavy/full loads during prime time months after launch. Do you have anything to support that assertion other than, "My friends and I stopped playing."?

Are we forgetting the Shadowscales so quickly? I doubt this game predates the Dark Brotherhood.

I'm not sure about Orcimer but I know that Khajiit got into a pact with the Aldmeri dominion because of a crisis where the moon disappeared but eventually returned and the Aldmeri convinced the Khajiit that they're the ones that brought the moon back (don't remember which moon). This though I think is the reason that the Khajiit and Aldmeri are allied NOW; I have no clue why they'd be allied back then. Overall, the Khajiit seem to be rather insignificant.

Also, here's to hoping we see Ma'iiq the Liar. He seems to have lived for a damn long time already. Another thousand years doesn't sound too ridiculous.
    Not forgetting them just not refering to them directly any sign of Argonians would have been awesome (Absolutely love Argonians)

The explanation as to why the Khajiit are allied is probably something we'll soon learn and hopefully provides a nice story.

Having Mai'iiq the Liar would be nice, I'm mostly hoping for the same amount of easter eggs to find from exploration as every other title.