Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I mean, from everything we do know so far, it's extremely unlikely that adventure zones are going to satisfy any hardcore PvE'ers no matter when it comes. I'd say that if there are hardcore PVE players hoping for traditional progression end-game content then they are playing the wrong game. The endgame content of ESO is far more similar to GW2 in that it's exploration/completion (50+ 50++ zones), dungeons and PvP.
    ^^this. From a hardcore PvE'er's perspective, it is strictly a casual game that happens to require a subscription. That may be satisfactory for some of them medium and maybe even long-term, but I imagine not many of them at all.

From a long term hardcore perspective, ESO is strictly PvP/crafting or GTFO at this time. Also, not many game developers care that much specifically about hardcore players and there's an argument as to whether they should given they would be such a low proportion of the playerbase.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2014-03-18 at 09:19 PM.

Cyrodiil - When keeping it real goes wrong...

Times I should have thought twice LOL - PvP Clips from beta weekend 3/14.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    ^^this. From a hardcore PvE'er's perspective, it is strictly a casual game that happens to require a subscription. That may be satisfactory for some of them medium and maybe even long-term, but I imagine not many of them at all.

From a long term hardcore perspective, ESO is strictly PvP/crafting or GTFO at this time. Also, not many game developers care that much specifically about hardcore players and there's an argument as to whether they should given they would be such a low proportion of the playerbase.
    I think I agree with what you're trying to say, but "hardcore" is too much a blanket term, I think what you mean to say is "hardcore raiders" in which case I'd agree with you and Shamanic.

I personally am a pretty hardcore soloist, and IF what they say about level 50+/++ content is true (that it CAN be soloed, but is more tuned for a group of 2 or more), then I'll be a pretty happy camper for a long time.

For running dungeons or raids over and over again until you puke, yeah I doubt this'll be the game for that. Although I also have to add, I have no idea why gamers weren't fed up with that endgame paradigm YEARS ago. I'd rather see procedurally-generated instances any day of the week, if I had to grind tokens or something. Not that I like grinding tokens either.

Anyway, much of this does depends largely on how much new content they're really going to be able to push out post-release, which is a total unknown at this point. We'll have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    This article does a very good job of explaining the faults in this game (and why I won't be buying it): http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/0...-us-skeptical/ I really did want to like this game.
    It actually spent most of the time talking about other MMOs to be honest and not explaining faults that well at all if any.

I mean, from everything we do know so far, it's extremely unlikely that adventure zones are going to satisfy any hardcore PvE'ers no matter when it comes. I'd say that if there are hardcore PVE players hoping for traditional progression end-game content then they are playing the wrong game. The endgame content of ESO is far more similar to GW2 in that it's exploration/completion (50+ 50++ zones), dungeons and PvP.
    Which is funny because I'd initially written ESO off because of an official video I saw a long time ago talking about large scale group content. Either I misunderstood or they changed their plans. I really did think ESO was going to be heavy raiding though for some reason, which was very off-putting to me.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

How about them Dark Fissures? I was just wandering around when a Dark Fissure just dropped in front of me out of no where. Killed the first group and got my ass handed to me by a debo Frost Atranoch. Good times to be had.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol, I was surprised when I came across my first fissure also. Killed the first group of mobs then the big guy pops up so engaged him without thinking. I learned the hard way to not let him touch me (a clothy). Found a few more but knew to kite properly and it was no problem.

I pre-ordered this game for Xbox one and will be getting it at release. I won't be buying Xbox one until next year. Is that weird?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I pre-ordered this game for Xbox one and will be getting it at release. I won't be buying Xbox one until next year. Is that weird?
    I'm not sure how the sub will work with xbox live and all, but just make sure you don't activate the key until you have the xbox to play it on so you don't miss out on the game time included with the initial purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    While levelling, you are unlikely to be getting into diminishing returns on the resource pools (Health/Magicka/Stamina) unless you stack just that in absolutely everything. I think the only stats that seems to overcharge very easily without even trying are the "recovery/regen" stats and for some builds the Armor stat. Spell Resistance and Armor can be temporarily Overcharged naturally as part of builds containing buff abilities for these stats too.
    on one of my characters I kept touching with the overcharge bit on magicka every level or so. Attributes spent sort of like 3/1/3 (mag/hp/stam) and my armor was mostly magicka enchantments. That was on one of the earlier builds though and didn't make it past 14.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    Times I should have thought twice LOL - PvP Clips from beta weekend 3/14.
    That is pretty funny, opposite of the videos I am used to seeing. Instead of editing out all the bad parts and showing the good parts, this does the opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

I do think there will be a more hardcore aspect in the PvE. Their end game content is adventure zones, but adventure zones will have trials. The adventure zone itself seems like it could be good content for the more casual/semi-casual player, because it is an entire zone worth of content. But within the adventure zones there are trials, which seem to be the hardcore group oriented content.

I don't think it will get to the level of WoW raiding at all, but I think there will be some aspects to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    75 Pages in 2 weeks? (Or 3ish if not considering early access) Not likely.
    The last 75 pages took exactly 15 days to reach, so it is possible. Just need a couple more items in the cash shop or let Matt Firor speak for 10 minutes and we should be set.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I assume that the nightblade is the slipperiest class in pvp?

The invis certainly makes things weird in tight spaces (a good jump while invisible can really mess some people up it seems).

But outside that I think most everyone is about the same (but sorc's boundless storm gets a nod IMO).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    You do know ZoS is a completely separate studio right?
    Yes. Hence why I made a poll on it in another thread?

I didn't bother cutting and pasting your drivel.

As you brought it up... "people" need to stop being so fucking hostile to different viewpoints and opinions.

"People" need to understand the context in which a post was meant.

You do know that I was defending the opinion of a journalist who wrote and article and guys on here attacked simply for having a different opinion? Whether you choose to accept it or not, there is a mixed message among the press / youtubers (difference of opinions) regarding the game.

I link one quote directly from the website (on the store where you order the game) where the specifically intimate it is a continuation of the series and two others by press sites "who are ALSO of the opinion" that the game is a successor to TES V - you link "one" guy - and you can't grasp that the PR department "may" be sending mixed signals? If it's so cut-and-dry, why do we have different opinions on this? Why do other reviewers, press? There is a difference of opinion.

Read back... enlighten yourself. There is more than one viewpoint on any subject. Your opinion is no more important or relevant than another. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. Some people would have preferred a TES 6 now and not a ESO - regardless of them being done by different studios. In my poll, it seems like most people wanted a co-op TES and not an MMO.

Cheers.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2014-03-19 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post

I didn't bother cutting and pasting your drivel.

As you brought it up... "people" need to stop being so fucking hostile to different viewpoints and opinions.

"People" need to understand the context in which a post was meant.
    That thread is a complete joke and it doesn't even make any sense. It is like asking "Warcraft 4 of Warlords of Draenor" or "FFXIV or FFXV". It isn't an either or issue, both games are being made.

You do know that I was defending the opinion of a journalist who wrote and article and guys on here attacked simply for having a different opinion? Whether you choose to accept it or not, there is a mixed message among the press / youtubers (difference of opinions) regarding the game.
    Oh I fully understand there are mixed messages. But supposedly that person though Defiance was a good game? His opinion is invalid. Calling him a "journalist" is probably pushing the definition of the term.

I link one quote directly from the website (on the store where you order the game) where the specifically intimate it is a continuation of the series and two others by press sites "who are ALSO of the opinion" that the game is a successor to TES V - you link "one" guy - and you can't grasp that the PR department "may" be sending mixed signals? If it's so cut-and-dry, why do we have different opinions on this? Why do other reviewers, press? There is a difference of opinion.
    And I posted the Game Director and the President of ZoS saying it isn't supposed to be Skyrim. It isn't "one random guy". He specifically said "If you want to play Skyrim go play Skyrim", but nice job cutting and pasting quotes to push your opinion which is false.

Read back... enlighten yourself. There is more than one viewpoint on any subject. Your opinion is no more important or relevant than another. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. Some people would have preferred a TES 6 now and not a ESO - regardless of them being done by different studios. In my poll, it seems like most people wanted a co-op TES and not an MMO.
    If I make a poll asking if people wanted "Warcraft 4 or WoD" and the sample size was about 100 people, and I used that as a way to back my opinion, I would be an idiot. Especially on the fansite of a competing MMO.

The fact that 5 million signed up for the beta is a good sign of interest. Again this isn't a "either, or", both are being made. You just don't seem to know what you are talking about.

Guess what? I am picking both. I will be playing both ESO and TES 6. This isn't a "You are with us or against us". No need to ask a kid to pick "Mommy or Daddy" when they can pick both.
    Last edited by Sharuko; 2014-03-19 at 02:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

" His opinion is invalid. "

The fact that 5 million signed up for the beta is a good sign of interest. Again this isn't a "either, or", both are being made. You just don't seem to know what you are talking about.
    That comment? I take it from where it comes. tsk tsk.

None of your assertions and putting words in my mouth are valid. I have always maintained the ESO will be a success long-term. I do believe it will go f2p in a year or so, however, but I still maintain it will be a successful casual f2p game if done correctly.

As for this comment: "Guess what? I am picking both. I will be playing both ESO and TES 6. This isn't a "You are with us or against us". No need to ask a kid to pick "Mommy or Daddy" when they can pick both. "

Seriously, what the fuck are you on about?

I never said anyone had to "choose" between games. Making a poll out of curiosity is not an indication of a "pick this or else" scenario.

Don't know where the heck you're getting this from. You're obviously on a different page to me, probably a different book, so yeah...

Done with you. Yeah... "Your opinion is invalid"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Green Man Gaming is still $80..... I heard someone got it for $60 from somewhere?
    It was on special briefly at g2a.com but the promotion is over I believe.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2014-03-19 at 03:11 AM.

None of your assertions and putting words in my mouth are valid. I have always maintained the ESO will be a success long-term. I do believe it will go f2p in a year or so, however, but I still maintain it will be a successful casual f2p game if done correctly.

As for this comment: "Guess what? I am picking both. I will be playing both ESO and TES 6. This isn't a "You are with us or against us". No need to ask a kid to pick "Mommy or Daddy" when they can pick both. "

I never said anyone had to "choose" between games. Making a poll out of curiosity is not an indication of a "pick this or else" scenario.

Don't know where the heck you're getting this from. You're obviously on a different page to me, probably a different book, so yeah...
    Don't act like some type of unbiased person coming in here and trying to be fair. Even the way the poll was worded was laughable. Not only did you pretty up and hype up the upcoming "TES 6" with all these cool new features including "improved combat", including some which they will never have in their games. You then went on to pretty much downplay ESO. Next time when you do a poll try to be non-biased, but I guess if you have an agenda you can't be.

I have more respect for people that state their opinions directly, instead of passively aggressively trying to do so.

Done with you. Yeah... "Your opinion is invalid"

- - - Updated - - -

It was on special briefly at g2a.com but the promotion is over I believe.

I'm surprised you didn't address this:

And I posted the Game Director and the President of ZoS saying it isn't supposed to be Skyrim. It isn't "one random guy". He specifically said "If you want to play Skyrim go play Skyrim", but nice job cutting and pasting quotes to push your opinion which is false.

I'm also not sure why people are so confident it will go F2P considering we haven't seen how they will handle content patches/endgame yet.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy ESO is as of now? They want $90 AUD for it and I'm just not willing to fork out that amount of money on another MMO that is a gamble.

Conan, SWTOR and every other MMO I've tried over the years has made me skeptical.

Green Man Gaming is still $80..... I heard someone got it for $60 from somewhere?
    Try some of these, not sure if they still work. The page was updated 3/17/14

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/pc-games/e...r-20-off-last/

Deleted
    I don't think anyone understands why you did that thread (i suspect out of the usual "call for attention" following the infamous "i recorded it" rant of 2014), but making a poll where the options are a) Daddy; b) Mommy; c) Mommy with a wig; d) none of the above... and failing to include a "both", is in fact asking to choose between one OR the other.

You do ask people to choose between ES6 and ESO and you do so by creating this awesome new ES game. Probably to cater to the crown of fans that were expecting ESO to be like the ES6 you mention in that thread. But anyway, its an irrelevant poll.

Or as Shamanic said:

I'm very glad we don't actually have to choose, and that the single player schedule is not being disrupted by the making of the online game. I think that a lot of people who are vocally negative about the online game don't realise that their single player has not been impacted - people are often angry about not getting the product they wanted (Skyrim 6), because they didn't take the time to research whether the timeline for Skyrim 6 has been changed because of ESO (and it hasn't, mostly due to the fact that the developers are different).