15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    Well, in EVE the players have a lot of influence (they have an elected player-council) ...

Let's see how long ZOS maintains that stance until they buckle to the 400 page "Game needs XXX" threads.
    Players have a lot of influence in Eve because that's how the developers wanted the game to be, Eve is all about players "controlling" the whole world while still staying in bounds defined by CCP. But it is not made to make everyone happy, they're not trying to lure anyone into the game by making it easily as accessible as lots of players would want it, or even harder as some other would love it (no more high sec for example). Eve would most likely get lots of new subscribers if they focused for a while on creating lots of new high sec content like quests/storyline for more "casual" players, yet they stick on adding content designed for a really specific and well targeted audience.

I'm not saying ESO and Eve have the same design (they're totally different, Eve is all about numbers, ESO is not at all, Eve is all about player controlled world, ESO is only marginally in pvp zone), I'm saying that sticking to your intended design is what I consider really important in a MMO to avoid what we're seeing currently in WoW where totally different players live side by side (or more each one on a different side of a huge quite hard to cross wall).

And saying that they want to stick to this design as clearly as they do now, even if this means losing a part of their player base, is what I consider a really good sign for the game's future.

Those who played beta for hundreads of hours and made addons were doing that only by their own will, nobody told them to do it, nobody forced them, they are responsible for their time and they can't be angry on developer because of changes. They can't demand. It's devs will to follow their own vision, which some people will like, some will not, but Zenimax is aminig at millions and they have field research and they know what to do. Nobody will listen to a small group of hardcores who want dps meters, gear-point addons and other wow-addon-raid-related stuff which destroys the game and makes one playing interface not the game itself.

Btw: I am 100% happy with Pawkette's addons and I don't need anything else, her are perfect.

Let's face it, if one player willingly spent +200hours in closed beta he is still only a tester, doing it voluntarily, he is responsible for spending his own time there and playing the game. Not developers. Developers only needed testers, devs have their own vision which they are making and Closed Beta testers are not the only one people who's feedback matters.

Thats why I will never understand this mental problem of those ragging testers who think "I am elite, only our opinion matters!" etc.
    When I am part of the closed beta testing, I am playing the game when I have time and I am reporting bugs, thats all, because I know that for the content and mechanic feedback (besides basic stuff) they have to ask much wider group of people through surveys, just as Zenimax did, those +5milion of weekend-beta-players recieved email surveys. I filled it, happily, and wrote that all I want is Auction House or something which allows for easy trading. I don't need anything else to be 100% happy.

I will never understand those who rage on "omg, they changed it while I spent soo much time on planning/developming something". Nobody asked you to spend your time on that, it was your own decision and will, especially knowing that game is under development and may change anytime, because Zenimax has to maximize their profit and they can't do that with content which forces you to install addon in order to complete Adventure Zone. Play the game, not UI.

I see all those ragging on changes as an act of childish "I wanna be elite! you runied it!" behaviour. Why they can't act like mature people?

To Tamriel Foundry elitists and those who are like them:
    Get a life, play the game, it's not about min-maxing and hardcore-competetive raiding, but about fun and adventure and exploration. Just relax and casually enjoy the game. Devs have to stick to their own design of the game.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2014-03-23 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I think part of the problem was that they let people work on the API for the last 6 months+, the people who are most vocal are those on the closed beta who have spent hundreds of hours playing the game already with those addons, as well as the addon creators who have put many hundreds of hours work into their coding which is now obsolete.

For the vast vast majority of us weekend testers, we never really had the time to get that used to playing the game with the old API so it doesn't come across as such a big deal. I respect Zenimax for doing what they think is best in this situation, but I also understand that for those who have already invested such a large amount into playing with the old API that it's a shock that obviously hit them hard and will take some getting used to, and for a few.. it's going to be a dealbreaker.
    That's a very excellent point. Zenimax need to be a lot more open and honest with their fans as they move forward. A similar scenario played out in the role-playing community. We were led to believe that we'd have the option to find other role-players at launch by using a filter within the list of preferences for the mega-server at launch. When we asked for elaboration we were assured that this would be the case.

Fast forward until a week or so ago and they then outright admitted that such a feature isn't going to be available for launch and 'might' be available in the future. They then went on to state that there would be 'no promises' which implies it might not ever be available. This proved to be a very frustrating experience and makes me wary despite my enthusiasm for the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesius Baelthar View Post
    That's a very excellent point. Zenimax need to be a lot more open and honest with their fans as they move forward. A similar scenario played out in the role-playing community. We were led to believe that we'd have the option to find other role-players at launch by using a filter within the list of preferences for the mega-server at launch. When we asked for elaboration we were assured that this would be the case.

Fast forward until a week or so ago and they then outright admitted that such a feature isn't going to be available for launch and 'might' be available in the future. They then went on to state that there would be 'no promises' which implies it might not ever be available. This proved to be a very frustrating experience and makes me wary despite my enthusiasm for the game.
    How much more open and honest can they be about the API. They said when they first released it that it is not the final build of the API and it is subject to change. Addon authors of all people should have known this. It should have been seen ahead of time that there were gonna be some major changes in it. From what I understand, the API was pretty open. A lot of exploits were found in it.

I love how Zenimax is sticking to their guns on this one. It shows they have a vision on how they want the game to progress and are not afraid to stand by that decision. Now for them to just abolish the cash shop idea and I'll be right as rain.

I was speaking generally, not just in regards to the API.

This is how everyone against add-ons sound like:

I want to be immersed and don't want any numbers at all. Also, for those who want numbers, DO NOT allow them that option because they will have an advantage over my immersed self. Yeah!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kiurys View Post

I want to be immersed and don't want any numbers at all. Also, for those who want numbers, DO NOT allow them that option because they will have an advantage over my immersed self. Yeah!
    I'm alright with numbers. It's DPS meters I do NOT want to see, there's a special place in hell for those type of people.

Deleted

Not really. There is no denying that the main competitive aspect right now of ESO is PvP, and that the addons that were available (the biggest being TFC) gave people a distinct advantage over those without addons. It's not about just choosing what you want to see on the screen, it's about the fact that the original open API gave so much information that it was a combat advantage over those who didn't have it, which doesn't matter so much in PvE right now, but mattered a lot in PvP.

It's not like there is no API available, you can still see your own numbers. Why do you need to see other peoples numbers unless it's to have an advantage?

No, you missunderstood. Let me explain: I am myself using Pawkettes Scrolling Combat Text or LootDrop addon, but those are cosmetics addons, not showing important information. It's completelly different league than addons showing buff timers on enemy (gives you advantage over non-addon dude because you can perfectly time your next attack) or dps metters which helps with creating elitist guilds which only wanna have 1-2 core Adventure Zones Groups and recruting "best of the best dps/gear" people, such behaviour is disgracefull and shouldn't even happen in ESO. Addons like DeadlyBossMods from WoW or HealBots also shouldn't be allowed in ESO, because we are not playing interface helping us on raids, but we are playing the game itself.

I am fine with Scrolling Combat Text, self-buff timers etc, I am fine with every addon which only helps you seeing your own status but doesn't give non-addon users any kind of disadvantage. You may say: but I want DeadlyBossMods and DPS Meters. And I say: no, because it will be mandatory for every guild member and we don't want such situation.

ESO PvE is non-competetive experience.

There is a special place in hell (called WoW hardcore eternal raiding) for all those people who want addons to be mandatory for their PvE or PvP experience and guild recruitment.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2014-03-23 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I've bought every game that isn't from steam from there, never had an issue. I'm also wondering about the price range. And I wish I knew if the mount was included in the g2p package or not.

Mounts are extremely expensive in TESO so. :P
    Mounts are buyable after about.... 20 hours play? Assuming you don't go crazy with bank/bag slots. The GF had her mount by the end of a beta weekend (after starting the same weekend).

Also:
    Q: I noticed that people were encountering bugged quests a lot during the last beta test, but not the people on pts servers, i guess this is related to the number of player on the last beta, how can you assure us that that is not going to happen at lunch where the number of people is gonna be much bigger ?

Matt Firor: We found the underlying problem that caused that series of bugs (similar problems across a wide variety of quests) that made the last beta frustrating for players and those fixes will show up on PTS on Monday and will be live for early access. We’re pretty sure we found all of them, but we will remain vigilant and will fix anything else that may crop up.

http://tamrieljournal.com/zenimax-reddit-ama-summary/
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Mounts are buyable after about.... 20 hours play? Assuming you don't go crazy with bank/bag slots. The GF had her mount by the end of a beta weekend (after starting the same weekend).
    I had no more problems with the increased inventory slots (and I collect everything I see or get my dirty, sticky fingers on) after they increased the amount of slots... I bought the Imperial horse for 100 gold, but I had almost 25k at level 20 after the last beta with no trading or buying anything but a few crafting materials from the vendors.
    The only thing that annoyed me: items only stack up to 100 ... my 8 stacks of iron bars took 8 slots in my bank

at that many stacks I would start turning bars into xp.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    You don't get XP for crafting. You gain inspiration which levels up your crafting profession.

Except the devs have never used the word "immersion" in regards to this change. If they have please source is because everything I see says otherwise. The one justification they said is they don't want people to be forced to use addons to remain competitive. Period.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I've been doing clothing and alchemy ... I just kept everything that I found over three beta weekends on multiple chars

no ESO section here ?

Quote Originally Posted by rav1410 View Post
    no ESO section here ?
    There's a thread to request an ESO forum section. You can read about it here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Scrolls-Online

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    You don't get XP for crafting. You gain inspiration which levels up your crafting profession.
    meh... i just call inspiration "crafting xp". It levels up the craft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    I didn't look into professions at all.
    I'm surprised by what you're saying.

Elder Scrolls Online - Beta to Retail

If you were in the ESO Beta and still have it installed, you can run the Beta Launcher and it will update you to the retail version of the game now, its quite a big patch too as its adding to what you already had in the Beta. If you uninstalled the Beta, you can go back to the website and the new client you download is the full version of the game, but you will have to install all of it back from the beginning.