Quote Originally Posted by WolfHeart View Post
    Regarding names...if i delete a name, will it be come available to people straight away or is it like GW2 where the name is tied to the account for 24 hours so people can't take it?
    Don't think they've discussed that yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfHeart View Post
    Regarding names...if i delete a name, will it be come available to people straight away or is it like GW2 where the name is tied to the account for 24 hours so people can't take it?
    In the betas it was available immediately. I haven't seen any confirmation on launch yet but it's probably the same.

Got the names I wanted. Ready to play after my lunch. A good day lies ahead....

Uh-oh, went to lower my graphics a bit (things were a little choppy on Ultra) and now the game seems to be hung up.

I must be blind but I can't find the bow at the start when it says choose your weapon.

Pretty sure you receive bow in mail bag (like in beta) after finishing prison zone.

Quote Originally Posted by funyroger View Post
    Pretty sure you receive bow in mail bag (like in beta) after finishing prison zone.
    Weird I had a bow in the beta in the prison.

I couldn't find it, either - got stuck with some cheesy sword.

And John Cleese must have had a riot voicing THOSE lines, lol. And Caldwell can't be THAT mad if he knows what he is and what happened to him.
    Last edited by FunkyRaccoon; 2014-03-30 at 11:12 AM.

I didn't realize the ring of Mara deal was a one-time thing, sucks for alts I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's been pretty smoothe, stuck at a loading screen now for 10 minutes tho but other than that it's amazing
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woakerio View Post
    I didn't realize the ring of Mara deal was a one-time thing, sucks for alts I suppose.
    You can buy more in game with gold later on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Free to play ain't happening.
    We'll I really enjoy ESO and can't wait for head start to begin (though at April 1st for 3 day head start)

B2P will most likely happen - or f2p

I cannot believe this. Do you know what I'm seeing? People who are not me who do not know how to not get hurt by those spears that come up out of the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    I know people like using the "lol I pity you people who can't afford to over-pay for a game, do you not have moneyz or what" as an insult, but I can't help but pity people who don't have enough respect for themselves to not get taken advantage of by companies who charge far more than the worth of a product simply because they can.

Would you buy it if it was $1000, just because "you want to play it"? No? Then your argument is irrational. I want to play it, but I don't want to play it for $120 - it isn't worth that much to me. Rich people don't get rich by overpaying for things.

If the collectors edition was $60, I would probably buy it, because it would only slightly be overpriced. It is not - it is $120. There is no universe in which I will ever pay $120 for a subscription based MMO before I even start playing it - it's not good economics.
    Look man, it's a $60 game. I don't have my head so far up my ass that I'm worried about companies taking advantage over me when games are already one of the most cost-effective means of being entertained. Personally, I hardly ever buy games (because I don't play many games, not because I'm pirating them), so I couldn't care less if I'm not going to get a hundred hours+ worth of entertainment from this $60, which I most likely will. Why don't you just find something better to do instead of continuously ragging on a game that you're not playing?

There's a big difference between $60 and $1000, and I'm not going to explain why that's a difference; unless you're so hard up on cash that $60 is as good as life-changing as a thousand, in which case I'm sorry.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2014-03-30 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Look man, it's a $60 game. I don't have my head so far up my ass that I'm worried about companies taking advantage over me when games are already one of the most cost-effective means of being entertained. Personally, I hardly ever buy games (because I don't play many games, not because I'm pirating them), so I couldn't care less if I'm not going to get a hundred hours+ worth of entertainment from this $60, which I most likely will. Why don't you just find something better to do instead of continuously ragging on a game that you're not playing?

There's a big difference between $60 and $1000, and I'm not going to explain why that's a difference; unless you're so hard up on cash that $60 is as good as life-changing as a thousand, in which case I'm sorry.
    Personally, I despise the concept of mandatory car insurance (the government telling me I must pay some private company to use something I own). So I don't have a car.

I've lived poor, and had a car. Was poor because of that damn thing. The husband lived poor for a long time because he made the mistake of buying and supporting a car for an ex.

I'm happy to walk or bike, and save that ton of money that would otherwise go for a car (payments, gas at $1.20/L or more, insurance, maintenance) for crap like this, it's much more fun and less stressful than driving, anyway.

And probably safer, have you seen what's on the roads lately?

Ugh, I didn't know there was a video that plays when you create a character for first time.

I had to skip it because I was in a hurry to reserve names. Is there a way to watch it again?

it's in the /depot directory. Google "bink player"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyRaccoon View Post
    Personally, I despise the concept of mandatory car insurance (the government telling me I must pay some private company to use something I own). So I don't have a car.

I've lived poor, and had a car. Was poor because of that damn thing. The husband lived poor for a long time because he made the mistake of buying and supporting a car for an ex.

I'm happy to walk or bike, and save that ton of money that would otherwise go for a car (payments, gas at $1.20/L or more, insurance, maintenance) for crap like this, it's much more fun and less stressful than driving, anyway.

And probably safer, have you seen what's on the roads lately?
    I feel much the same way on the car idea (though going to have to finally break and buy I think soon, happily cycle to work daily though). However for me the £20 difference for 2 days extra play, an exp boost and a special pony weren't really worth it. I have no issue affording it but some things DO get a bit silly.

Lol. Made my first guy to get out of Coldharbour.. Cannot load any NPCs or players in AD zone beyond a butt ton of people just on boat.

EDIT: Welcome to day 1 bros. Killed my .exe cause it got hung up lol. Gonna sleep some more I think and try later. Best of luck to those that get in.
    Last edited by Balazzar; 2014-03-30 at 11:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you change stuff like heights and so on later in the game? Or can you only make it when you start out the character?

Should I go for the races that I like, or are the benefits too strong from racials? (regarding PvP)

What about hit boxes? Someone whos larger probably has a higher hitbox than a smaller character?

I have redeemed 3 day headstart on my account, but it says "You do not own any games." . Is this normal? It did come up and say that I have redeemed it, but after that it showed nothing on the front account page.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Can you change stuff like heights and so on later in the game? Or can you only make it when you start out the character?

Should I go for the races that I like, or are the benefits too strong from racials? (regarding PvP)

What about hit boxes? Someone whos larger probably has a higher hitbox than a smaller character?

I have redeemed 3 day headstart on my account, but it says "You do not own any games." . Is this normal? It did come up and say that I have redeemed it, but after that it showed nothing on the front account page.
    This one seems a much more reasonable post after your last outburst

Character look is don right at the start.
    There's plenty of info around about racials so go have a read (esohead's skill calc, go to "racials" tree)
    Pass on hitboxes (no idea)
    Check the "account payment history" bit on the account page, will tell you what headstart you have.