Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Someone in my guild asked how many of us had been around since beta and there was a surprising response. For all the claims that ESO somehow colossally failed, I still see cities bustling with players and plenty of people have obviously carried over 2+ months after beta.
    I can attest to that as well. Still see towns very busy with lots of players.

Agreed with all of this. Aside from map completion, I have little to no interest in Craglorn at all. Ditto for their upcoming V12 dungeon. I talked to a guildie the other day who expressed regret for leveling so quickly because he found V12 boring. He's now leveling an alt, taking his time questing, and having a much more enjoyable experience.

I've thought the same thing about Wildstar. It's definitely a game that caters to the polar opposite type of player than I am. I've been searching for the RPG part of an MMO for a long time. I really hope ESO continues to expand on that since as far as I'm concerned that singles them out in the market.
    I'm in the same boat too. Wildstar's hardcore focus turns me off, and I'm not very interested in Craglorn's "hardcore" content either. I wish they give us some options to explore Craglorn solo. Still, I like a lot what they're promising in their future updates ("The Road Ahead - June 4th") so I'm happy for now.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Just curiosity, it does not matter at all.

Let it be clear that I'm not trying to judge it in any way, shape or form, I just wanted to know how many people were playing it, that's all.

No underlying reasons, I swear
    Private company, the odds of them putting out numbers (especially before console release) are pretty low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liirin View Post
    But Valaste lookalike!!!

Haha shes Velaste! Soon to take Valaste's spot in the mages guild, oh how fun

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Just curiosity, it does not matter at all.

Let it be clear that I'm not trying to judge it in any way, shape or form, I just wanted to know how many people were playing it, that's all.

No underlying reasons, I swear
    My theory is that if the numbers were great they would have released them so its nothing impressive.
    However it is unlikely they will ever give an account of how big the post release dip was.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to criticize that this topic has come up again, but MMO-C does not have a very good search function, and this is a mega thread...

ZOS (makes of ESO) and Bethesda (makers of ES series) are sister companies owned by Zenimax Media. Zenimax media is a private company, so they don't release quarterly results. As a rule the company rarely release sales numbers because they don't serve any useful function. Take Dishonored which was a successful game for them but they did not release sales numbers. Why? Because then these forums are going to be filled with people comparing the sales numbers of Dishonored 1 vs 2. They don't want that conversation.

They released the numbers for Skyrim because the numbers were incredibly high, but beyond that they just don't give official numbers for their games. Also even if they were going to release sales numbers they would only do so when ALL of the platform versions are on sale.

•••

I had to take apart my gaming computer because my house is getting some work done on it. I NEED MY ESO FIX!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by BrokenRavens; 2014-06-09 at 11:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    My theory is that if the numbers were great they would have released them so its nothing impressive.
    However it is unlikely they will ever give an account of how big the post release dip was.

OH i know this game , its the game where i pull statistics or theories out of my arse .

If anything why would the post numbers until console releases?

I really dont see the point in people coming in this thread to say how shit the game has done when they or us have no clue.

In game atm and the bank is full of people in a lvl 30 zone , so go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Liirin View Post
    In reference a few posts back when I got to Coldharbour as EP I saw EP people as well that I had connected with in other areas, I was wondering if each faction maybe saw more of their own for flavor compared to other factions? Considering that can have duplicate zones for VR areas compared to Normal and other factions VR why not being able to vary a few NPC's as well??

As far as the EP characters I saw - Holgunn, Walks-in-Ash, Captain One-Eye, Kireth and her brother (dark elf dwemer experts), and some others that I know I saw but more minor characters.
    I definitely saw the dark elf dwemer experts. I want to say I saw the others too, but I wouldn't have been familiar with them and I finished Coldharbour long enough ago to forget.

For DC the following were ours: Darien, Gabrielle, Lady Laurent, Stibbons, and the banker (lol :P). Might be more I don't remember. The Hollow City is the only one I never got around to going into every building and talking to every NPC. It started because I was waiting to unlock the whole city and then next thing I knew I was done with the zone and I figured everyone's dialog would be different if I talked to them.

I'm not even out of Auridon for AD yet, but I recognized Telenger and I think one of the merchants from Skywatch, a khajiit named Irrki, is also in Coldharbour later. Then there's also High Kinslady Estre, who I already knew was a bad seed thanks to seeing in the 'game' area of Coldharbour. So, basically Coldharbour spoiled the main quest line of Auridon for me before I ever got to do it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Nobody in their right mind would unless they're forced to by being a public company. You think Blizzard would have reported they lost almost a million subscribers in one quarter if they weren't required to?

Everyone I've seen come into this thread asking for numbers only seems concerned in an official affirmation of their dislike for the game.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone sure how long this maintenance will take? I'm eager to blow things up and I can't seem to find the maintenance time frame anywhere.

Servers are back up.

- - - Updated - - -

Is anyone else experiencing choppy frame rates and screen freezes since today's maintenance/patch?

My bf's also getting a lot of loading screens traveling through town that just started today as well.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

10+ Year Old Account
    Servers are back up.

- - - Updated - - -

Is anyone else experiencing choppy frame rates and screen freezes since today's maintenance/patch?

My bf's also getting a lot of loading screens traveling through town that just started today as well.
    I've had 1-2 load screen errors and thats about all from what you listed, everything seems fine on my end
    Last edited by Catchi; 2014-06-09 at 10:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey everyone. Look at this video recently released from Zenimax.

At the 0:58 moment there are some bridges and waterfalls in a jungle area. Where is that?

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRavens View Post

At the 0:58 moment there are some bridges and waterfalls in a jungle area. Where is that?
    Looks familiar but I just can't put my finger on it.

Hooray, quest progression bug is smashed and my NB and DK are free again. It took a weeek, but I get to play them for longer than horse feeding and research.

Quote Originally Posted by Vercigentorix View Post
    Hooray, quest progression bug is smashed and my NB and DK are free again. It took a weeek, but I get to play them for longer than horse feeding and research.

Like that? :P

OT: They said there's some info we can expect on E3. Wonder what that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Snip
    Like that? :P

OT: They said there's some info we can expect on E3. Wonder what that is.
    Exactly like that...sans evisceration and torture. ESO during E3 will probably be a lot of Craglorn and changes made, but focus on the console versions. I'm thinking justice system or thieves/dark brotherhood teasers if they want to generate a buzz.

10+ Year Old Account

After crafting 300+ pairs of pants for decon i can now craft Ancient elves on my lvl 40 mage

I did the mages guild quest (lvl 43) the quest broke my heart so much I went cured myself of vampirism 1 day after learning it, I looked to much like my Nightblade and it didn't fit :|
    Last edited by Catchi; 2014-06-10 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRavens View Post

it looks like backlheart's cove that one group dungeon with the undead pirate's aorund level 45ish
    Last edited by smackyslap; 2014-06-10 at 04:19 AM.

Wow, first time I have seen the MegaThread fall off page 1. Hoping it's due to E3 info and not people have completely abandoned MMOC for other sites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vercigentorix View Post
    Wow, first time I have seen the MegaThread fall off page 1. Hoping it's due to E3 info and not people have completely abandoned MMOC for other sites.
    MMO-C has gone from one of my primary sites, to a secondary site. And it is really weird because ESO changed me from a lurker on this site, to a participant. Anyway I now lurk on a great number of other ESO related sites and then check back here very so often if I find anything that I could share.

For Example;

I figured no one had posted the Patch Notes for 1.1.4 here.

I'm starting to wonder if the memory leak is back. i crashed after 45 mins in the game. During the memory leak a few weeks ago, I noticed that when I hovered my mouse over my password entry at the login screen I would get a glitchy, slight flicker in the screen around the mouse arrow. It happened again today when I logged in. Guess I'll have to monitor the RAM usage again.