Thread: Emily's Story

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

Emily's Story

Rightyho.

I had an idea at the end of the BWE, to basically make a story surrounding my character. I'm a few chapters in, and I reckon I have enough screenshots to make maybe three or four more. Here's the link to what I've done so far:

http://immortal-emily.blogspot.co.uk/

With some of the ideas I have, I may need some help to get decent screenshots in the next BWEs or the actual game release, so I'm looking to recruit some sucke- er, people to help out, if they're interested.

I'm also interested in possibly doing a machinima. My only problem is that I cant really do any recording, so I'd need someone with some knowledge/experience in that area.

Would anyone be interested in that? Comments on my story so far are also appreciated, thanks =)

P.S. I checked with Edge before posting this, so it's all okay =3

This is truth. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-05-03 at 06:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    keep it up you gave me ideas to do my own for the next BWE..!

./inspiring

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cute! The captions to the photos made me laugh Nice to see the game inspiring people to write their own stories.

Maybe I'll do something about the Darkkins sisters (My thief and my engineer) Hrmm....

10+ Year Old Account
    Bandit cutpurse

Deleted
    Mif, if Emily finds you, your cookies are... *puts on sunglasses* ...toast.

But yeah, my main inspiration is actually Alice and Kev, the Sims3 story, which was relaly heartbreaking. The only difference is that I'm controlling Emily rather than the characters just using their free will =3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Rightyho.

I had an idea at the end of the BWE, to basically make a story surrounding my character. I'm a few chapters in, and I reckon I have enough screenshots to make maybe three or four more. Here's the link to what I've done so far:

http://immortal-emily.blogspot.co.uk/

With some of the ideas I have, I may need some help to get decent screenshots in the next BWEs or the actual game release, so I'm looking to recruit some sucke- er, people to help out, if they're interested.

I'm also interested in possibly doing a machinima. My only problem is that I cant really do any recording, so I'd need someone with some knowledge/experience in that area.

Would anyone be interested in that? Comments on my story so far are also appreciated, thanks =)

P.S. I checked with Edge before posting this, so it's all okay =3
    i can help yes?
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    i can help yes?
    Everyone who wants to can help (hopefully) considering we can visit other worlds. It'll make life a lot easier.

Right now I have a little bit of story done, and one scene that I'd like to try to work in somewhere... a horde of angry Charr trying to attack Divinity's Reach. Army shots ought to be awesome =3

Deleted
    Mif, if Emily finds you, your cookies are... *puts on sunglasses* ...toast.
    I feel like this is aimed at me.

Anyway, I work with video recording and editing, but I don't have any really powerful editing tools on my home computer - could consider getting them though. Might be able to pilfer a license from work.

As for the story, I'll read it a bit later, possibly during the weekend if I can't find the peace of mind at work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    I feel like this is aimed at me.

Anyway, I work with video recording and editing, but I don't have any really powerful editing tools on my home computer - could consider getting them though. Might be able to pilfer a license from work.

As for the story, I'll read it a bit later, possibly during the weekend if I can't find the peace of mind at work.
    How is that aimed at y- oh nevermind. My apologies Sir Toaster of Sweden.

Deleted
    Marketing, marketing. Well, I dont blame you.. so many people want to blog these days but it's a problem finding the ones who wants to read.

Get fraps, it's cheap and use the windows thing to edit it in. Easiest way to get started. I managed to make some pretty decent vids after just a couple of tries or two with zero experience from scratch. It's better learn to do it yourself than depend on someone to spend time enough to make them for you in good time enough to make your blog feel updated enough to the potential readers. Unless ofc you are prepared to pay the man or at least offer them some goodies from GW2 cash shop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Marketing, marketing. Well, I dont blame you.. so many people want to blog these days but it's a problem finding the ones who wants to read.

Get fraps, it's cheap and use the windows thing to edit it in. Easiest way to get started. I managed to make some pretty decent vids after just a couple of tries or two with zero experience from scratch. It's better learn to do it yourself than depend on someone to spend time enough to make them for you in good time enough to make your blog feel updated enough to the potential readers. Unless ofc you are prepared to pay the man or at least offer them some goodies from GW2 cash shop.
    The machinima and the blog are intended to be separate. The blog I'll be doing on my own, with assistance from others to get the shots that I'm after.

The machinima... I've never done anything like it before. I doubt my laptop can handle what's needed for it. I may be getting a new computer at some point, but that could be a while away. It was mostly a question to ask whether people would be interested in doing it. Honestly - I wouldnt know where to start. I'm only a storyteller.

15+ Year Old Account
    fun stuff, keep it up
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

With all respect, I hope you're female IRL. I am getting a creepy vibe if you're male.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpand671 View Post
    With all respect, I hope you're female IRL. I am getting a creepy vibe if you're male.
    ...not that it's any of your business. Mind me asking why? o.O

Deleted
    Some people are just weird to think about things like that. I get the creep from people who actually asks those stuff, like it's really important...

Anyways, i'm all up for helping you with screenshots, record your character from different angles and whatnot, it would be very fun and would also give me the opportunity to explore Tyria more than I wanted!

10+ Year Old Account
    this has to be in the top 3 creepiest things i've EVER read... i'm pretty sure it was THE creepiest thing btw...

OT: Hey emily, if you need a ranger at all for the machinama let me know i'll be up for it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Because if you're a guy, the roleplaying lengths you go to roleplay as a female, are questionable. I wasn't trying to be the stalker type.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because if you're a guy, the roleplaying lengths you go to roleplay as a female, are questionable. I wasn't trying to be the stalker type.
    so my female friend who RPs as a male. is she creepy too?
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    What roleplaying lengths lol? The only point when it becomes creepy is if you're going around ERPing it up every hour, and if that's the case you're just a creepy fuck regardless of what race, gender, or prof you're playing! I may think it's weird for people to play opposite sex (granted there are some good reasons like females look better as casters/males have better medium armor or w/e) but doesn't mean their creepy...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Are writers who write characters, who are the opposite sex, creepy to you too?