Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunstinator View Post
    very end of wrath, i killed kael thas for the 1st time on my druid, saw the mount but didnt win. in mop i mained on my hunter and soloed kael thas to get the mount. saw it on my 5th kill.

6 kills 2 mounts.
    im mop u mained hunter?woah..so u actually had a main in mop?! are u from the future???? i think he ment cata but w.e

Got it after 4 solo runs (lol) back when it was still a bit challenging for dks to solo. Can't say I like it much since it's just a re-skinned Hippogryph. Probably used it twice the whole time I've had it.

Deleted
    I 2-manned TK with a guildie who doesn't care about the mount. He's done with one other person from our guild. 2 Kael'thas kills = 2 Ashes of Al'ar

My warlock has seen 4 drop from TBC to now. Probably about 110 runs.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ythes/advanced

Ashes is one thing. Shadowfang for 200g? Lucky man.

I hosted my own runs for 8 times, nothing dropped so i stopped doing it. One day another guy was hosting it so i joined. Boom it droped, lost it but i payed 50k for it. The guy that won it was a noob so when he got the 50k he was like "OMG SO MUCH GOLD THANK YOU SO MUCH" and then he gone right into AH and bought Mekgineer Chopper (I saw achiev!) hahahaha..... proof http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psidedj/simple
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

you can easily solo that as a hunter, rogue and dk, otherwise, run with 2-3 people OP.

Deleted
    Been farming it with a guildie of mine for a long time, 2man. Guildie goes on vacation, I decide I join a pug run (6ish ppl), to not waste the reset. Drops, I lose the roll to some freshly dinged player. Weeks after we continue our farming, till he again goes to some worktrip/vacation thingie. I decide to continue my efforts to solo it, after an hour of trying I get my first solo kill, and the mount!

Continued runs with my guildy and 3 weeks after it dropped for him aswell.

Basicly with mounts becoming account bound, you can just farm it on several chars, dont give up, eventually it will drop!

Seen it drop 3 times. Once on my DK alt while helping a guildie, once on my shaman for me and then again, that same week as I got it on my shaman, it dropped on my DK alt again while helping a guildie.

Good luck farming

Feel for you, I have seen the mount drop once as well, and there I lost the roll to a friend who always wins every roll he ever does on such things like that. This thread inspired my to start doing it again though.

And really, 100k for Shadowfang? Still? I thought it's price plummeted when the heirloom weapons got out since they're about the same stat-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethorian View Post
    you can easily solo that as a hunter, rogue and dk, otherwise, run with 2-3 people OP.
    Retri paladins can do it aswell, and probably warriors
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Seeing the ashes drop is like winning the lottery. Can you win the lottery twice? I guess, but you get my point.

And for the record I talk from experience, lost the ashes after many many runs back in WLK, haven't seen em since and you can rest assured it's not from lack of trying.
    Seeing ashes drop is not like winning the lottery. I wish I had a 1% chance to win the lottery every week. Because I would have won the lottery 3 times.