Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Shadow of Death

Who still plays this awesome game? Remember I played it all day when I was 10-13 years old and I just downloaded it for my school laptop so I won't be bored to death and by the sake of all thats holy this game is fucking awesome.

Anyone on the forum who played this game in their childhood? Or Heroes of Might and Magic 2 for that matter.

What they've done to 4, 5 and 6 is an atrocity compared to the good old 2-3

I like 3 but they definitely improved with 5 and 6.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I disagree. I played the hell out of 3, but 5 and 6 (or 4 for that matter) didn't interest me in any way. Grew tired of them after a few hours.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    HoMM 3 is the best game in the series by far. I have not played 6 and all the reviews and forum posts I have read were saying how broken it is (although I haven't checked about patches for a while), 5 was a pretty good game.

3 > 5 > 2 > 4 > 1

Hells yeah. It (almost) never gets old. Although at some point you become so familiar with different maps that it becomes repetitive.
    Still, fantastic game.

I played 1& 2 at right around the same age you did

The game itself is great, but playing against that AI the way i like is absolutely anti-fun. I like building huge armies on one character and then proceed to destroy everything in my wake. Whereas the AI has got 10 heroes with barely any units run around the map and capture everything. And the unfair thing is the AI can easily calculate how much can i move in X turns and if he can escape even by going in a straight line.
    but oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Used to play HoMM2&3 all day every day when I was a kid. Mostly hot seat with friends, was great!
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

Heroes 3 will most likely stay on the "Best games of all time" list of mine somewhere, just because it was great.

I'm currently playing Heroes 6 and it's giving me a lot of great associations to the old H3 days with some improvements, and while there are some issues, it's still quite the enjoyable game.

ive had it on my computer for a couple years now, just incase internet goes down, or i get bored of wow for a bit :P

Deleted
    HoMM2/3 were one of the best games a ever played. I used to play them all day long a didn't get bored and my favourite map in HoMM3 is Vikings we shall go!

Have it on my PC for about 1 year now.

I played it early on, never opened it again. Abit to old game by now and the turn based combat dosent grow well on me anymore. Used to play it when I was youngere, was one of the first games I played kinda alot.

I used to play 2 and 3 every day. One of the best games ever and sadly the series just sort of never improved. I waited for years and didn't even know they made 5 until after I got bored one day and looked up some videos for 3.

My rating of the series would go 2-3-1 then 4=5=6. The last ones are OK, I just think since they really didn't improve anything (that I liked anyway) it sort of got boring. I might have just outgrown them though, as I used to play with my friends quite a bit.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Actually "they" didn't, since the guys who made Homm 1-4 aren't the same as the guys who made Homm 5-6

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I played when 1st came out,and i still go back to it often enough,HoMM3 never gets old for me and no newer version managed to give the same feelings.
    Played HoMM2 after 3,and found a lot more reasons to shares names,unfortunately not even 6 made me play it

Wish we had a simple upgrade/remake of this awesome game,HoMM3-2

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Actually "they" didn't, since the guys who made Homm 1-4 aren't the same as the guys who made Homm 5-6
    Well that's because 3D0 went under - and before 3D0 bought them, they were New World Computing.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned King's Bounty. I guess I'm old.

2 and 3 were the best of the series, by far. I also agree with some of the posters above; the AI was terrible in those games. Hotseat or multiplayer was the only way to go.