Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thank God. I can get my Spectral Tiger on all my alts now without having to use my spare blue-quality tiger. Woop, woop!

Stood in the Fire UnstoppableErasor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    wow phosphorescent stone drake on all my other chars

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Just logged in and no, no mounts are account-wide at this very moment.
    All my characters are still locked on their own mounts and I can't summon a vanity pet without a command line.
    Try to relog a few times with each char, I had the same issue and it worked for me. After I made a premade it didn't have my other mounts, but after a relog it did have all of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know how mounts that require a specific faction reputation (Talbuks, Nether Rays, Netherwing Drakes, Ice Mammoths, etc) to purchase will be handled? Will characters still need to reach the relevant reputation level to use those mounts? Maybe it's still a little too early to know such details, but at least we now know that Account-wide mounts is actually happening!

Hopefully at some point we'll get some FAQ's that will provide more information regarding the specifics of Account-wide mounts/pets/achievements/titles.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STOKED that they actually have this on Beta since they said it might not even be packaged with the MOP launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Account wide mounts ? hell yeah!
    Though, it is a little weird if we can have say, paladins on warlock mounts. Or profession mounts on chars without the profession etc.

But it's nice that rare drop mounts will be account made, I bet not all of us where so lucky to get a rare mount on our main char. And instead on an alt, it's infuriating!

There will likely be some restrictions I imagine.

They should keep class restriction imho

Why does the Pandaren sound like someone imitating those "Confucius say" jokes? Little insensitive I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Just logged in and no, no mounts are account-wide at this very moment.
    All my characters are still locked on their own mounts and I can't summon a vanity pet without a command line.
    All my mounts were deleted (can't summon then with command line either) went and got myself a wind rider for the time being.

I'm 100% sure class mounts will stay restricted and feel pretty confident profession mounts will as well
    Last edited by Volitar; 2012-05-04 at 01:46 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

My guess is that if you log in on for example Hunter the tooltip for Charger will say "Requires Paladin". Just like at the moment on live when you learn profession mount and delete that profession.

But if they're all free for all - awesome, will just gather paladin look-alike armor pieces on my DK and will annoy the hell out of those paladins Cba if they use DKs mount, Blizz already raped it with Shadowmourne reward mount.

Cool

Oh..
    My.....
    Frigging...
    GOD!
    Account-wide mounts? For real??????!!!!!! Oh, dear, thank you so much Blizzard.... now, grinding for the Ashes of Al'ar won't be so terrifyingly intimidating anymore!!! <3333333333333333333333

---------- Post added 2012-05-04 at 07:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xMexyragosX View Post
    Oh..
    My.....
    Frigging...
    GOD!
    Account-wide mounts? For real??????!!!!!! Oh, dear, thank you so much Blizzard.... now, grinding for the Ashes of Al'ar won't be so terrifyingly intimidating anymore!!! <3333333333333333333333
    BUT< to be honest, I think class mounts should stay class-restricted (same with profession mounts). What I am curious about is if they are literally Account-Wide or only Server-Wide... but, either way, I don't care. Still totally stoked about this even being implanted, let alone being seriously considered!

My level 60 chars, all riding a phoenix?

Yes please ! :P

Will be interesting cause I have 9 85's. So I can run a heroic or raid (solo) more times per week on multiple characters to get the mount which will be shared by all. So my chances of getting the Fiery Warhorse will go up by a lot

10+ Year Old Account
    The Pandaren male NPC voice and wisdom they give reminds me of Iroh from Avatar: The Last Airbender. And that makes me sad that he's no longer around.

Deleted
    I will finally have my Spectral Tiger on my current main (alt few months back!).

I'm sure as we get closer to release, or at the very least farther into beta, there will be added requirements to some mounts to be able to use them. This will probably be similar in function to the aforementioned "You must be X level to use Y mount", and be something like "You must be Horde to use this mount" or "You must be a Warlock/Paladin to use this mount".

I'm not against this, it's like having the Tailoring mounts, but not being a tailor anymore. You have it but you just can't use it, although it does count towards the total. For me, this will be incentive to start a Blood Elf Paladin and work on horde faction rep, with the exception where they overlap with the same mounts - like the Talbuk.

I'm pleased with this change, I feel like I can start collecting again even though I switched my main in the first raid tier of Cata.

OHH MY GOD YES!!! Account wide mounts No need to farm anzu again!!!!

Deleted
    Awesome change, I just hope I can use my bear that is on the horde on my alliance chars.

Mims Head On my 60 bank Alt =)

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe they just change the ally mounts to horde mounts vice versa.