Page 1 of 2
LastLast

pet deaths on heroic madness.

why is my pet dying so much during this encounter. ive never had this happen before.

My alt's pet seems to despawn (read: Not die) a lot too, especially on the Corruptions. :/

Reason #1 of why I refuse to go Unholy (even though I'd really like to >.>) or play a Hunter/Lock in raids.

E: For clarification I'm talking about normal mode.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-05-04 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jupiteran View Post
    why is my pet dying so much during this encounter. ive never had this happen before.

You should move your pet away from parasite, I presume your pet it's close to parasite because it's attacking the tentacle. When parasite explodes sometimes will kill your pet.

You have 2 options:

- Put your pet on passive and let him all the time on arm.

- Move your pet to the opposite side where the parasite.

Edit: You're speaking about heroic, right?
    Last edited by David Cavalheiro; 2012-05-04 at 01:19 PM.

Because you let it attack the wrong target and it gets blown away by parasites
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

Personally I just keep my pet on the Wing/Arm until the first parasite on each platform then switch it as needed.

Deleted
    strange i have the same thing and pet do take -90% aoe dmg (maybe a bug?)

Deleted
    yep, pets get 1 shot by exploding parasites, so if your pet dies it's down to poor pet control.
    You should manually move the pet ontop of the melee group and make it attack from there to avoid those annoying deaths.
    Also your pet despawns if you dont call it back to you when the corruption 'dies', it just chases it into the water and despawns :/
    Last edited by mmocf31b57ee4e; 2012-05-04 at 02:12 PM.

Deleted
    When we started madness, on first tries ( when we got to platform 2-3 ) my pet died like on each platform.
    When i got to know the fight i understand this:
    Move it away from parasite,
    Put it on passive and bind pet attack to a button or to one of ur spells ( sometimes after coruption dies the pet used to go for deathwing's head > despawn)

Deleted
    I've only had a few attempts on Heroic Madness myself, but i've never had this problem (hunter).

Quote Originally Posted by proVoke View Post
    Also your pet despawns if you dont call it back to you when the corruption 'dies', and just chases it into the water and despawns :/
    This happens to me BEFORE the Corruption dies/de-spawns for me. I send my pet to attack it and it just 'floats' (you know that buggy run through the air thing?) towards it and de-spawns. :|

Quote Originally Posted by proVoke View Post
    yep, pets get 1 shot by exploding parasites, so if yours die it's down to poor pet control.
    Manually move the pet ontop of the melee and make it attack from there to avoid those annoying deaths.
    Also your pet despawns if you dont call it back to you when the corruption 'dies', and just chases it into the water and despawns :/
    dood its looking for heroics, blizzard is going to have to manually go in and move the pet for them :P

But in all seriousness, you're gonna have to move the pet for yourself. They are adding a spell in the next xpac for this reason, so plan on learning how to move your pet around while maintaining dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this works for Warlocks. But as a Hunter I can jump to another platform and back to magically revive my pet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    Not sure if this works for Warlocks. But as a Hunter I can jump to another platform and back to magically revive my pet.
    This too, love that

The best part is when your Doomguard get killed by the parasite explosion ! poor pet control , right ? i understand that things like this can be avoided , and ONLY WE can do it ... but as a warlock you already have four hands/eyes , so where´s the problem ? ...... Blizz i´m talking with you !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    This happens to me BEFORE the Corruption dies/de-spawns for me. I send my pet to attack it and it just 'floats' (you know that buggy run through the air thing?) towards it and de-spawns. :|
    That is pretty strange :l
    I mean I use my pet on passive for all bosses and just gotten used to making it attack manually. I move it to the melee group THEN make it attack from there, rather than just send it to attack from my side. Can't imagine it bugging out from that close.

I press this macro once to send my pet, and then again to make it run back to me:
    /petattack [target=pettarget,noexists]
    /petfollow [target=pettarget,exists]
    Also have the 'move to' ability on the shift modifier to the above macro, (In my case T to start/stop attacking and shift + T to move the pet)
    Hope this helps abit

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Quae View Post
    The best part is when your Doomguard get killed by the parasite explosion ! poor pet control , right ? i understand that things like this can be avoided , and ONLY WE can do it ... but as a warlock you already have four hands/eyes , so where´s the problem ? ...... Blizz i´m talking with you !
    It's poor judgement of the fight. You should know where the parasites go, as in predetermined positions, so you know NOT to drop your Doomguard close to the blast radius :\

Deleted
    It seems that there is also a chance that the pet gets hit by impale. My pet died about 2 oder 3 times till yet during impale, same thing on our hunters pet.
    But the most annoying thing is the parasite...it also kills the doomguard if it is to close
    madness hc is quite buggy...already got hit by impale while standing on the other end of the platform. We also got to the head-phase once after killing the third tentacle, so we had deathwings head with about 40% life.
    Last edited by mmocac301e9072; 2012-05-04 at 03:14 PM.

As others have said the pets are dying to the initial dropping of the parasite. For some reason the aoe that goes out is not counted as an aoe for the damage reduction for pets. This causes them to take the full 250K or so damage and just die. What I do to prevent this is just use a bit of control. On the first three platforms where you have the time zone thing I keep my pet on the corruption which is where he should be and away from the parasite explosion. For the last platform where we drop the parasite next to the corruption I pull him back when the person with the parasite gets in place and send him back in on the parasite after the explosion.

When I play destro for this fight and have the imp I just have him start attacking as soon as I land. This places him off to the side and away from any bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    It seems that there is also a chance that the pet gets hit by impale. My pet died about 2 oder 3 times till yet during impale, same thing on our hunters pet.
    But the most annoying thing is the parasite...it also kills the doomguard if it is to close
    madness hc is quite buggy...already got hit by impale while standing on the other end of the platform. We also got to the head-phase once after killing the third tentacle, so we had deathwings head with about 40% life.
    The impale first defaults by threat list of those in melee range. So if no one is in melee range (which is how you soak the second impale when one tanking via hunter/rogue/something to just take the impale and not melee hits), instead of next defaulting to the closest player like 90% of bosses, it defaults to pets that are in melee range. Completely annoying.

As for the impale on the other side of the platform, it's happened to me too. It's a completely weird thing, but if iirc, it has to do with the slaps. Whatever it is, if it's not the slaps, but there are moments that the hit box is adjusted and extends out towards one part of the platform in the shape of the corruption :x I found this out after getting impaled in the far corner on our like 3rd try when we started. It's got a really weird hit box, one guy in a group had actually mapped it out once in his other guild. >< But because of this weird hitbox, I ended up being closer to it than our hunter was to it's normal hitbox, so I got impaled instead of him.

thats why i demo i got fed up of casting a new pet as affli so i just instant revive him as demo

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    thats why i demo i got fed up of casting a new pet as affli so i just instant revive him as demo
    um wouldn't you go destro, have a ranged pet and use flee if you were REALLY concerned about this? I mean I know afflic is great dps for this fight, but in our 10 man it paid to have quicker dps on bolts and parasites.