Thread: Help with Steam

Help with Steam

Im posting this on behalf of my mate.

Hello.

Steam wasn't working when trying to download Saints Row: The Third so i torrented the game. (I DO HAVE A PAYED SAINTS ROW: THE THIRD ON MY STEAM!) Since it wasn't letting me download it through steam i just found a torrent for the file. How do i put this into my steam file so it 'merges' you could say and use it through steam. Simply adding game does not work.

Thank you

Deleted
    Only way to do that is to have steam be able to perform a file check. But to do that it needs to be able to actually download the files as well, which is the thing you were unable to do to begin with.

That is of course assuming there are not certain files modified by Steam, which is highly likely.

I got downloading through steam working, but doe to lack of my cap (15gig..) i cant redownload. I dropped it into the steamapps folder and its downloading some things here and there and jumping up 1 gig here and there. So i presume it should be good. This was right after i created the thread for my mate

Deleted
    E: Actually, it is possible to install from disc and have it work through steam. But probably not with a scene release torrent. You're supposed to run the installer from disc and it'll sort out everything. If the torrent was untampered dvd-image, it should work just like that. Scene releases of steam games usually come with custom installer that won't work for that purpose.
    Last edited by mmoc7476e5f4f7; 2012-05-04 at 01:45 PM.

It sounds like you've got the problem sorted out, and since this is borderline rule breaking (torrent discussion), I'm gonna lock this thread.