Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mac will come before console. GW2 will be half way through its' first expansion before it even comes out on console.
    Guess console gamers will have to deal with Kingdoms of WoWart: The Skyrim Clone for a while longer.

Deleted
    I don't give a flying F*** about it. As long as they keep separate servers for PC and consoles - it will be ok.

I will throw GW2 in a garbage the moment I will see a console user on my realm. To be clear, I have nothing against console players, it's just console controllers are so far behind mouse&keyboard it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    I really want to play this game but right now all I have is a Mac, a 360 and a PS3. I really don't have enough room on my Mac to partition a BootCamp section but I can if I really have to... and it would just be for GW2. The tough part is seeing that CE on GameStop and not knowing if I should buy it or try to hold out for a console version or Mac native client.

So what do you guys think, are they just blowing smoke or is this console port for real?
    i can confidently tell you no. MMO is generally not viable on console especially GW2 and any decent quality MMO.

Deleted
    If it is, then it will be entirely separated from the PC version and probably also pretty different. I'm having a hard time imagining how GW2 will turn out to be on console. Especially chat/UI and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromaniac View Post
    Look at how successful DC Universe Online is right now. It is both a PC and Console game, and the 2 are separated in terms of players. PC Gamers play on their own servers, and Console players play on their own. No advantage over the other. As for the ability bars, DC also has this fixed with it's Controller's Trigger buttons. The first 4 spell buttons are locked onto holding down L2 then pressing X, Square, O, and Triangle. the last 4 ability buttons are keyed to holding down R2 and pressing X, Square, O, and Triangle. With R1 for Blocking, and L1 for targeting.
    How is it successful? Do you not know it went free to play a while ago cause it failed? Paid subbed games that are forced to go free to play is deemed a failure for a reason. Being forced to drop your sub fee because of loss of subs is a big deal. GW2 uses a diff approach and with that they will earn the respect of their customers and other companies. Unlike free to play games which are Pay to win. You cant pay to win in GW2. I played DC uo on my ps3 for like a week then never played it again it was just terribly awkward as an mmo. It worked for console as an action game but as an MMO it doesnt work.

On topic: I can't see GW2 going to console would be a waste of dev time tbh. The console market isnt really thriving for MMO's. They would profit more from just designing more and more content for their game on PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    I sincerely hope it never see's console play. The moment it does I will very much consider stopping playing it all together. Console games for consoles, leave PC games alone.

Quote Originally Posted by spinalc0rd View Post
    On topic: I can't see GW2 going to console would be a waste of dev time tbh. The console market isnt really thriving for MMO's. They would profit more from just designing more and more content for their game on PC.
    They specifically said that it is a separate development team 'looking into the possibility', and that it is being developed without the console in mind to port to the console after the fact (instead of making it right off the bat portable to console)
    It would take development budget, but not time as it is a separate team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Vastly different input methods would give a large disadvantage to people in any sort of competitive play. You have less control with a controller than you do with a keyboard and mouse, and it would be more similar to someone using only their keyboard to control their character. At very least, PvP would have to be separate. Also, DC Universe Online separated their PC and console users, I don't see why GW2 wouldn't. It would introduce a large amount of people into the game who 1) can not talk besides using voice and 2) have an inferior method of control. (Controllers are better at some things, MMORPGs are not one of them.)
    yeeaaah... i pretty much said exactly what you just wrote, like, two posts ago or so :X

and i don't know dc universe online, but i DO know that anet wants to -- and will! -- make gw2 the most open (aaa) mmo ever, in terms of server and grouping. in wow, rift or tor? sure, make seperate servers. in gw2? mmmmhheeee that might not be liked too much by many fans^^

i'd still say it's more likely for servers to be seperate, but either way there are several big disadvantages :/

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Keyboard and mouse are superior for MMOs, it's not really something worth debating.
    ^ wut he sayd!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't ever bother worrying about MMO console releases, they don't and shouldn't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Don't ever bother worrying about MMO console releases, they don't and shouldn't happen.
    what a highly information based, constructive and interesting comment!

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/