Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Kassadin always banned?

Hello MMOC, im climbing my way up my last 4 summoner levels in league of legends and im exited to get into ranked play with my friends. I main kassadin, playing him 80%+ of my games and my friends tell me that i wont ever get to play him ranked because he is always one of the first to be banned. My question to you guys is how often is he actually banned and if he is banned alot is it worth finding a new main. A few suggestions of champs with a similar play style would be fantastic thanks a ton

He's banned a lot. Personally I've never even played a game where Kass was in, he's always first to go with morgana
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

Deleted
    Yeah I would drop Kassadin as your main. He will be banned in a LOT of games and, when he is not, the other team might be picking him if they are first pick due to his strength. Unsure what would really be similar to a Kassadin, maybe a LeBlanc due to the W being similar(ish) to ulti and having a silence.

15+ Year Old Account
    95% of games he'll be banned. He's not OP, he's just a major inconvenience with his tool kit. 7 Second CD Flash, AoE Snare and a hard hitting silence.

General bans at the minute are

95% of every game; Morgana, Kassadin, Shaco & Shen.
    Popular bans are like; Lee Sin, Mordekeiser, Rammus, Amumu, Ahri, Dr Mundo, Cassiopeia, Karthus, Tryndamere.

15+ Year Old Account
    These are the most common bans when you start playing ranked:

Morgana
    Kassadin
    Shen
    Lee Sin
    Shaco

If you like Kassadin (and playing AP mid), like the guy above me said...LeBlanc isn't a bad choice. She is somewhat difficult to farm with, but if you can master her she is so strong early/mid game she can win games by the 30 minute mark.

I presume you'll want to focus on AP mid as your position? Make sure to grab Cassiopeia and Ryze They're both way too strong to ignore.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get to +1900 ELO, he isn't banned their since people know how to deal with him. If he isn't banned though, you can expect him to be 1st picked. Which is kind of stupid, because he is a counter-pick himself. First picking a counterpick/easily countered pick. Good ideas. Yeah.

Maining 1 champion is never good. Maining 1 role might be alright, but never limit yourself to 1 champ.

Similar to Kassadin to playstyle would be Ahri, Akali, LeBlanc, and any other mobile AP's.

People tend to ban the champions that can take a team by surprise or have great gank ability. Like Shaco or Rammus, for example. It isn't to sya these sort of champs are hard to deal with on their own. There are a lot of factors in pub games that just make Kass a pain in the ass.

Best advice is branch out. You should already be comfortable playing a wide array of champions before enter ranked seriously. Hopefully, all roles/map positions as well.

I never ban Kassadin, just because if enemy picks Kassa it means I get to play Swain nomnom.

Deleted
    He gets banned most of the time, for no good reason.

Simply sending your bruiser mid will counter him so hard, some AD carries also fuck him up.

I have no idea what anyone is talking about in here.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I never ban Kassadin, just because if enemy picks Kassa it means I get to play Swain nomnom.
    ...and then that Kassadin grabs a new Morello's and insta-counters you.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

His roaming is too good which makes him a pubstomper at low elos. If you fail to ward, you are dead. Simple.

Ironically AP sion does this even better, yet he is never banned.

Odd.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Kass is a very unique champion, so it's hard to compare him to another one. If I were you I would just go out and learn any other champion that interests you, one's that may be very useful in a ranked match. I would say Shaco, but he's often banned as well, and a good ol' oracle elixir usually renders him pretty useless. I don't see Kass banned very often but he is banned sometimes, so you are right in wanting to learn a few more champs. I mean, it really is up to you who you choose, if you like the mechanics of the champions and how they interact with the rest of your team is something to think about, what does he bring to the table? This is really something you need to decide for yourself, but if you like to stick to the AP scene, I would try Morgana, although she gets banned quite a bit. Try a new position out! Jungle, play Skarner, or Maokai, or even Udyr. They're strong jungle champs. Lux is pretty good for what she has, she's got snares, and a strong ulti. If you want to try out an AD character, go with Ashe/Cait, or Graves. Yorick is a very strong laning character, and if you want to try a tank, go for Allistar.

o.0 I couldn't beleive it when I saw this... I played him in beta and then tried to play him again a few weeks ago and thought he was an over-nerfed weak shadow of his former self.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    These are the most common bans when you start playing ranked:

Morgana
    Kassadin
    Shen
    Lee Sin
    Shaco

If you like Kassadin (and playing AP mid), like the guy above me said...LeBlanc isn't a bad choice. She is somewhat difficult to farm with, but if you can master her she is so strong early/mid game she can win games by the 30 minute mark.

I presume you'll want to focus on AP mid as your position? Make sure to grab Cassiopeia and Ryze They're both way too strong to ignore.
    Early picks will always first pick mid and its sooo bad. For this reason I'd never recommend maining mid, ESPECIALLY not something like LB. Dont get me wrong, LB is literally one of my fav champs ingame. However, if you want to play mid you'll have to early pick it. Early pick LB and, if they know how to counterpick properly, it's gg at champ select.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Maining 1 champion is never good. Maining 1 role might be alright, but never limit yourself to 1 champ.
    Played with somebody 2300ish with 500+ games as fiddle as his only character in ranked lol.
    New and shiny compppppp!

I watched a friend of mine bitch slap Casseioppa the other night on his first game as Kassadin. It was beastly, so I can see how he gets banned a good amount of the time.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see the fun in being forced to ban heroes in each match. You are basicly making it easier for you to win when you ban heroes. Why not just allow all so both teams have it harder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    Early picks will always first pick mid and its sooo bad. For this reason I'd never recommend maining mid, ESPECIALLY not something like LB. Dont get me wrong, LB is literally one of my fav champs ingame. However, if you want to play mid you'll have to early pick it. Early pick LB and, if they know how to counterpick properly, it's gg at champ select.
    Unless you play Cassiopiea or Morgana ofcourse :P

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I don't really see the fun in being forced to ban heroes in each match. You are basicly making it easier for you to win when you ban heroes. Why not just allow all so both teams have it harder.
    It actually makes champ picks really matter, as well as forcing people to adjust to something they may not be great with. I've always thought of it as a crazy new level of meta-game, as some champion bans can have some insane consequences.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.