Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

After what I saw I doubt that inferno is for me :D (SPOILERS)

SPOILERS

Disclaimer: for those who may think that I will cry or I am crying. There is an emote "" in the thread name + my comment:
    "I wont cry. In a free time I am gonna try to beat the inferno and if I couldn't, well, this would mean the limit of my skills for such difficulty, nothing else. Personally I am seeing myself as a normal person, hehe. From the begining it was said: inferno is for hardcore players only. Only a few casuals will beat the I act, most of the hardcore players will beat II and III act and only a few will be able to farm the last one.
    Also I hope that blizz will never ever listen to future whine "nerf inferno omfg wtf is wrong with u and this game i cant even stay in the city ffs stupid game!" hehe "

So, in case of U havn't seen it yet: http://www.diablofans.com/news/1191-...guide-preview/
    There are some stats (normal, nightmare, hell, inferno) for a few monsters:
    http://media.diablofans.com/images/n...e/IMG_0103.jpg
    http://media.diablofans.com/images/n...e/IMG_0104.jpg - the best one
    http://media.diablofans.com/images/n...e/IMG_0101.jpg
    http://media.diablofans.com/images/n...e/IMG_0102.jpg
    http://media.diablofans.com/images/n...e/IMG_0110.jpg - skeleton king hp
    Considering this distance between hell and inferno I trully doubt that one will be able to defeat a simple zombie pack without a serious farm in hell difficulty or at least obtaining the best possible items. Now I am wondering what % of the whole playerbase wil be able to farm IV act of the inferno. Probably the same % as for the hardest raids in wow. Any thoughs?

But seriously...10 times stronger ?! wow, gonna be a real challenge!

Update:
    added comment about mitigation from 2nd page of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by von Richthofen View Post
    It looks overpowering, but Armor/Resistances will probably lower that to reasonable levels. From lorien1973 on the DiabloFans comments:
    So, with armor, you'll mitigate ~30% of that damage immediately. Obviously you'll need further defensive stats to stay alive. Melee classes mitigate a further 30% of damage. That's 60% right away. Barbs (not sure about monks) can further reduce that 25% with a shout and ignore pain 65% of the remaining.

Don't freak out about damage numbers until you see how much your armor defends against at the appropriate level.
    Thanks von!

Official info
    source: http://www.diablofans.com/news/1192-...ws-blue-posts/
    Difficulties - Normal to Hell
    Majority of Diablo players just play through normal, have a great time, and then are done.
    For the more core players, nightmare is where it starts, thought most might feel inferno is where it will truly starts.
    Jay says he can get through nightmare in less than 10 deaths.
    Hell depends on his current character build.

Inferno
    Jay Wilson states that he can not clear less than half of act 1 without less than 10 deaths.
    He states that in Inferno if you find a really hard pack, you are not really able to skip them, while in nightmare and hell you can kind of just move around them.
    We have encounters in the Inferno mode, where we will die a dozen times trying to take a rare down.
    We also have enraged timers, where if you don’t kill the monsters in a certain amount of time, they enrage and then they do massive damage.
    The level of difficulty on Inferno is so high that a lot of people on the dev team can’t test it very effectively. So we’ve actually had to use a specialty group within. We formed a specific strike-team, just for end-game. And their goal was to tell us that this was a challenging and compelling experience.
    Official info 08/05/2012
    source: http://www.diablofans.com/news/1195-...ew-blue-posts/
    In our internal full game testing, I only did natural progression testing. I know others who only used what dropped for them as well (such as Zarhym and Daxxarri).

As I've said before, the game goes from being somewhat manageable to being very difficult over and over and over. There's no one point where that happens and then you get past it. A boss or area or Act that left you totally whipped and hurting in Nightmare is just waiting for you in Hell.

Sorry let me clarify, I meant when you guys played on the Inferno difficulty that I remember a dev saying that they just gave themselves gear, they didn't use a character they had progressed with from normal all the way to Inferno.
    And to be really clear -- there is no doubt that Blizzard employees jumped to level 60 and jumped to awesome gear sets in order to test. That's a very common routine when you're testing for quality assurance.

I was just saying that not all Blizzard employees doing internal testing did that. I would guess that most did not.

Did you get anything really rare while leveling?
    I did not. But I only put perhaps 50 hours into the game during our internal testing. I'm looking forward to having a bit better luck, and playing many, many, many more hours after May 15th.
    (...)
    Pre-planning in higher difficulties
    About five weeks ago, a co-worker of mine really hit a wall on the last boss in the game on Nightmare. And he's a fine gamer. Dude has plenty of talent. And he called me over and showed me his struggles, and I was stumped. I watched him playing very admirably, and going down, and I didn't know what to suggest. It was the first time that I really contemplated how complicated the build decisions can be for each hero. I was just merrily playing along on my heroes, making whatever build decisions seemed like the most effective, and not thinking ahead much. I started imagining scenarios that might come along and completely shut down whatever I was counting on (example: very close quarters when you're a Vault-centric demon hunter.) No big deal on normal. You die a couple of times, try a different build, and then work from there. But on Hardcore... you don't get to experiment. Once you engage that boss, it's win or lose. Big.

A third person came over and made some suggestions to the co-worker who was struggling, and made a positive difference. He defeated the boss, and was so happy that he forgot to pick up his loot before going on to Hell!

An comment from Bashiok regarding nerfing the Inferno:
    (...) I'm not personally worried about Inferno being too hard. People can complain all they want about that. I'm more worried about people focusing too specifically on clearing Inferno, someone beating it too quickly through cheesy tactics or bugs or broken OP builds, and everyone going nuts saying Inferno is clearly too easy (although they themselves will probably still be in Nightmare). People naturally want to focus on a competition of who can beat what first, or speed runs, or other time-based achievements, which is at odds with what the game is really all about (the item hunt).
    source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...85?page=17#323
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-05-11 at 12:49 PM.

...Does that say 170k melee damage on the Armaddon? Holy... shit.

How... how much health does a level 60 player even have again?

Glorious.

Seriously, that's going to be a fun challenge.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glorious! Thank you OP =)

Come so called ''GAME IS EZ'' People let me see you suffer

Let me see your tears flourish within your eyes!? Let me see it ahahah

Okay I'm getting too much into it <.<

Worth remembering that that kind of health and damage will only be taken to extremes if it happens to be an elite on top of that... holy shit. I suddenly find myself believing that blue post saying that nobody in their internal team has actually beaten Inferno mode.

And some of those higher level Champion affixes... damn!

EDIT.
    NO
    http://media.diablofans.com/images/n...e/IMG_0097.jpg
    NO. NO SCREW YOU BLIZZARD NNNOOOOONOnonoonoNOONNOnonononono. NO. NO.

I recoiled in my chair in abject terror upon seeing that.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2012-05-04 at 10:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if the design is so people HAVE to group or if its just gonna take a while to get the right gear

We shall see
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking like Kripparrian was right and Athene was wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if I believe this as is... Seems like in inferno (unless we have astronomical HP pools) just about anything can/will 1 shot you. Not sure how that would work out in diablo /shrug

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Worth remembering that that kind of health and damage will only be taken to extremes if it happens to be an elite on top of that... holy shit. I suddenly find myself believing that blue post saying that nobody in their internal team has actually beaten Inferno mode.

And some of those higher level Champion affixes... damn!

NO
    http://media.diablofans.com/images/n...e/IMG_0097.jpg
    NO. NO SCREW YOU BLIZZARD NNNOOOOONOnonoonoNOONNOnonononono. NO. NO.
    WHAT

NOOOOO Rakanishuu RAKANISHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!?!?! and Death beetles How could you do this Blizzard aw god I'm going to be crying so much

Deleted
    Thank you so much OP! You are right, inferno is going to be a serious challenge.

They defiantly said it wouldn't be a easy game and seem to be sticking true to that statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is realy... you are sitting there..

oke hellion does 13k.
    accursed does 26k pretty powerfull.

armaddon.... 170k! with a fast movement speed......... yea oke i understand the whole Inferno is YOU WILL DIE. but 170k melee hit! thats very OP.

No Tusk Club.

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    WHAT

NOOOOO Rakanishuu RAKANISHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!?!?! and Death beetles How could you do this Blizzard aw god I'm going to be crying so much
    As horrifying as lightning enchanted is though, I suspect this will be one of the most horrifically brutal, simply for how powerful it is.
    http://media.diablofans.com/images/n...e/IMG_0096.jpg

i guess the 170k damage is the rare version

Seems like I have to be prepared for my friends raging a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot.

15Mio HP on the Skeleton King.... Whaaat?

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    i guess the 170k damage is the rare version
    Unless I'm totally misreading the guide, that's just a straight up normal Inferno version. Which means whenever you see these on Inferno (assuming you get to act IV on Inferno... dayum), you CC it and get the HELL out of there.

I CANT WAIT WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO me and 4 friends are going to go through the game from normal to inferno end. Will be so much fun

I really hope these numbers are accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    ...Does that say 170k melee damage on the Armaddon? Holy... shit.

How... how much health does a level 60 player even have again?
    170k class physical looking at armor we gonna have at least lets say 50% on melee class

breath of heaven will heal around 10k so around 20-30k on bulky class

it will hit for 85k without forther mitigation from skills but ye nightmare gonna hurt

also i wonder if those numbers are solo or with 4 ppl