... LastLast
    Oh dear gods this is going to hurt specially as a barb

Deleted
    Haha... I'm so not rolling melee.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshadows View Post
    Oh dear gods this is going to hurt specially as a barb
    No you mean this is going to be amazing especially for a barb!
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

So excited now. My god.

On another note, Athene may have troubles now.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's insane, going to take a loooong time to clear it on inferno mode for sure then :P

In one of the interviews they said there are some mobs, that puts up walls. So they where running like hell, and all of the sudden a wall in front of them..
    Yeah that's not going to be fun in the harder modes :P

I wonder how much health an average player will have at 60, because the dmg on some of those mobs are just insane.

It looks overpowering, but Armor/Resistances will probably lower that to reasonable levels. From lorien1973 on the DiabloFans comments:
    So, with armor, you'll mitigate ~30% of that damage immediately. Obviously you'll need further defensive stats to stay alive. Melee classes mitigate a further 30% of damage. That's 60% right away. Barbs (not sure about monks) can further reduce that 25% with a shout and ignore pain 65% of the remaining.

Don't freak out about damage numbers until you see how much your armor defends against at the appropriate level.

true that von, I will update the first post. But still, 10 times more is alot, killing bosses gonna take alot of time. But still, even with 95% mitigatin a mob will hit ya for like 8k each hit. Lets say that we gonna have even 15k hp, still 8k is overpowering
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-05-04 at 10:58 PM.

Please, I beg you, don't fucking whine about it... I don't want inferno to be nerfed even if it means I won't see it although I consider myself a hardcore player... Inferno is made to be a challenge. I know you're not crying about it, but for the future..

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I think its safe to assume that there will be gear and skills that will make Inferno doable

I seriously doubt they'd give health pools this size to creatures without counterbalancing it by powerful Characters

I CANNOT WAIT
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Teck12 View Post
    Please, I beg you, don't fucking whine about it... I don't want inferno to be nerfed even if it means I won't see it although I consider myself a hardcore player... Inferno is made to be a challenge. I know you're not crying about it, but for the future..
    I wont cry In a free time I am gonna try to beat the inferno and if I couldn't, well, this would mean the limit of my skills for such difficulty, nothing else Personally I am seeing myself as a normal person, hehe. From the begining it was said: inferno is for hardcore players only. Only a few casuals will beat the I act, most of the hardcore players will beat II and III act and only a few will be able to farm the last one.
    Also I hope that blizz will never ever listen to future whine "nerf inferno omfg wtf is wrong with u and this game i cant even stay in the city ffs stupid game!" hehe

They said at Blizzcon that they will not nerf it unless even the hardest of hardcore players say it's just too hard.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Also would like to drop Jay's "challenge here" where he said he didn't really intend for inferno to be beaten on hardcore.

Dear god the numbers are going to be huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Deleted
    Haha, normal mode skeleton king has 1,800 hp.
    Inferno SK has 15,7 million.

Though we don't know much about level 60 health pool / what's the damage output.
    But so far inferno mode seems brutal.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2012-05-04 at 11:37 PM. Reason: confusing sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Worth remembering that that kind of health and damage will only be taken to extremes if it happens to be an elite on top of that... holy shit. I suddenly find myself believing that blue post saying that nobody in their internal team has actually beaten Inferno mode.

And some of those higher level Champion affixes... damn!

EDIT.
    NO
    http://media.diablofans.com/images/n...e/IMG_0097.jpg
    NO. NO SCREW YOU BLIZZARD NNNOOOOONOnonoonoNOONNOnonononono. NO. NO.

I recoiled in my chair in abject terror upon seeing that.
    Inferno = 4 affixes?

Fast Electrified Teleporter Waller (on a summoner champion) - a part of me just died on the inside.
    Last edited by conceit2; 2012-05-04 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by conceit2 View Post
    Inferno = 4 affixes?

Fast Electrified Teleporter Waller (on a summoner champion) - a part of me just died on the inside.
    It's those instakill wraith packs from act 4 in d2 all over.

Aura stacks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Well they did say, "You'll get your asses kicked - we promise!"...
    Last edited by ContentsMayVary; 2012-05-04 at 11:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post

Aura stacks!
    Those packs wheren't all that "insta-kill" once you got proper gear :P They hurt like hell and you had to be carefull not to pull too many at a time.

OT: YES YES YES!!! It seems Blizz is trying to "cater to hardcore players" :P It's going to be lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post

Aura stacks!
    As long as they're not bugged to hell, I'm very pleased with potentially OP combinations of affixes. Going to be fun times on high difficulties.

Remember that is MINIMUM damage before mitigation.

I think the correct response to this is WC3's Peasant: "That's it, I'm dead."