Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bad things to bad people

So we all know its exhilarating to see villains get their just desserts. But many times we just don't feel like they've gotten enough punishment. Now on a lesser scale day to day we see people doing willfully crappy things and its satisfying to see them receive some form of punishment. However, on this smaller scale adding a "punitive" penalty to their punishment is up to the offended party. I'm just curious how and if the OT community goes about seeing justice done to people that willfully wrong them as retribution. Do you try to make it equal or do you go above and beyond for their audacity? Examples help make your case!

To be clear we're talking about people that get pleasure from wronging you or making your life harder, not people who just happen to do something with an unintended bad side-effect on you.
    Last edited by CJack14dt; 2012-05-04 at 10:24 PM.

I hate certain people, but I generally solve that by adjusting my life to not have to be around them.

It's a waste of time to obsess on getting even with them or trying to change them. Most of the time obnoxious jerkasses will stay obnoxious jerkasses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Do the right thing, son

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I hate certain people, but I generally solve that by adjusting my life to not have to be around them.

It's a waste of time to obsess on getting even with them or trying to change them. Most of the time obnoxious jerkasses will stay obnoxious jerkasses.
    Agreed. There are assholes in my life whom I once hated.

I fixed that by refusing to associate with them.

Though I do have the occasional fantasy of putting them on a rocket ship and shooting them at the sun.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Run their mouth - don't care, laugh it off
    Guy punches me - choke him out
    Girl punches me - laugh it off
    Trying to selfishly leach of my hard work in uni or at work - expose and ruin their career
    Kill a relative of mine - kill them back and end up in prison

But if it's just an unpleasant person that I don't like - I use my freedom to not be around that person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rise above them and move on. Odds are, if they were jerkish enough to annoy you they'll get what they deserve anyhow. The best part being, you don't have to dirty your hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Run their mouth - don't care, laugh it off
    Guy punches me - choke him out
    Girl punches me - laugh it off
    Trying to selfishly leach of my hard work in uni or at work - expose and ruin their career
    Kill a relative of mine - kill them back and end up in prison

But if it's just an unpleasant person that I don't like - I use my freedom to not be around that person.
    Pretty much agree with this person. You shouldn't go out of your way to make life a hell for the people you hate, but if they do it to you, some slight retaliation is at its place

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Pretty much agree with this person. You shouldn't go out of your way to make life a hell for the people you hate, but if they do it to you, some slight retaliation is at its place
    Nothing pisses off people more than indifference to their volatile actions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Nothing pisses off people more than indifference to their volatile actions.
    Indifference is a whole another subject, and I'd imagine it's only kids who would take anything by mouth seriously.

We have a justice system for a reason...

You know, I decided years ago that if I ever get a terminal disease I'm going to take out some people who have done nothing but make their fortunes off of the pain and suffering on others, or look just to be cruel to others to make them suffer for their own self-gratification. If you get caught, what are they going to do, throw you in jail for 1 month? lol!

Examples:

1) Shirley Phelps - Westboro Baptist Church.
    2) Bernie Madoff

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 12:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Except it doesn't work anymore.

They say that justice is blind. I say that justice knows the texture of money even with their eyes closed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, you can be a horrible human being and a detriment to society, making life worse for everyone you come in contact with, without actually breaking any laws. No, sometimes justice has to come at the hands of the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Unfortunately, you can be a horrible human being and a detriment to society, making life worse for everyone you come in contact with, without actually breaking any laws. No, sometimes justice has to come at the hands of the people.
    Stop bashing laywers...

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ewhenn View Post
    You know, I decided years ago that if I ever get a terminal disease I'm going to take out some people who have done nothing but make their fortunes off of the pain and suffering on others, or look just to be cruel to others to make them suffer for their own self-gratification. If you get caught, what are they going to do, throw you in jail for 1 month? lol!

Examples:

1) Shirley Phelps - Westboro Baptist Church.
    2) Bernie Madoff

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 12:13 PM ----------

Except it doesn't work anymore.

They say that justice is blind. I say that justice knows the texture of money even with their eyes closed.
    You mean that Bernie Madoff who got 150 years of prison?

Also that Shirley Phelps woman... I thought you guys liked free speech...

Deleted
    When I was little, i thought it would be good, to give criminals the same they did to others as a punishment. So they may see, what was so wrong about their action.
    For example raping the rapist or hurting someone the way he hurt his victim.

But that is not really a solution. If you want to forbid something, for example killing, you have to be better, than the murderer. But killing a murderer makes you a murderer yourself. As you know killing is wrong you have to find another solution. E.g. prison to secure the rest of the population. That's a rational punishment.

Revenge is irrational and childish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jogojin View Post
    Revenge is irrational and childish.
    Nonsense, its a great show. Emily VanCamp is so cool

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest when some chinese fucktard decided to hack my paypal account to pay for his minecraft subscription the first thing i wanted to do was find him shove a fluorescent lightbulb down his throat and then proceed to punch him until there was nothing left of the bulb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop bashing laywers...

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 03:46 PM ----------

You mean that Bernie Madoff who got 150 years of prison?

Also that Shirley Phelps woman... I thought you guys liked free speech...
    Sure we love the freedom of speech. I'm paraphrasing Kat Williams here, you can walk in the club and say "fuck everybody in this club!", but you aren't walking back to your car.

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely believe in Karma. I don't worry about people who are awful to me, because I know that what they do will eventually come back and bite them in the ass.

When I was a certified nursing assistant during college I took care of a man in his home during the day, there was another day CNA and two overnight CNA's. All three of them never did his daily activities, like brushing his teeth, combing his hair, changing his clothes etc. Those things only got done on my day shifts. The CNA who worked the shift I did on my days off was constantly taking credit for things I did, like manicuring the patient's nails (CNA's aren't allowed to cut or clip nails, but can file and clean them), performing bed baths and skin care, washing all the laundry and dishes, and other things like that. One day our director of nursing called me into the office to reprimand me because the other day CNA told her he was doing all these things and that I did nothing. I, of course, was shocked and told the director the truth and that if she didn't believe me she could ask the LPN's and the patient. She did.

That guy is working at Home Depot as of November last year. He couldn't even look me in the eye as he rung me up.

I love hurting people that deserve it