Paladins & Righteous Defense in MoP

Yo, I noticed Righteous Defense(prot paladin "aoe" taunt) is gone, is this for sure, or just a bug or something? if they remove Righteous

What do you guys think?

Discuss!

Yes it's gone. And good, we did not need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Yes it's gone. And good, we did not need it.
    Why would it be good? it was a pretty decent abillity, on aoe fights where mobs come from both sides & you cant make it to one of the sides before the mobs are on the dps/healers, if you think its "bad" you should try to raid abit & actually know what you need to do.

It is a great ability, I mourn the loss of it. How can someone say that we don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    It is a great ability, I mourn the loss of it. How can someone say that we don't need it.
    Because he's an idiot, looking at his "paladin"s name, his name is "fuckyou" so its probably just some stupid troll.

Deleted
    Hmm interesting, that does suck a bit I have to admit.

I don't play prot that much but still it was a useful ability for when there are a few different trash packs active at once.

Almost all tanking classes lose 1 taunt ability each in MoP.

So now if someone will ninja-pull some pack in instance, or other similar thing happens, well, one-less tool to help the situation.

Don't see much sense in that change though. RD is, imho, one of class-defining abilities we have so little left now.

Deleted
    You only "need" it if you're not very good to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    This is the most narrow sighted thing I've seen in about a week. I can be pretty confident that every paladin tank who has worked out how to equip a shield and keybinds, has Righteous Defense on their toolbar and will use it. Maybe not as much as Hand of Reckoning but yes, it's used.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Except very good holy paladins also use it. :|

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    This is the most narrow sighted thing I've seen in about a week. I can be pretty confident that every paladin tank who has worked out how to equip a shield and keybinds, has Righteous Defense on their toolbar and will use it. Maybe not as much as Hand of Reckoning but yes, it's used.
    You miss understand what he said or simply cant read. He said we dont "need it". Most other tanks are losing taunts too, is righteous defense a cool spell? sure. We dont need it for to anything tho. Needing meaning that if we dont have it we cant work, thats not true. Could remove it from your bar and be an amazing raid tank without most anyone even noticing.

Those very good holy paladin simply macro it to every healing spells in pvp. Im not sure thats very good, more like a crutch to taunt pets lol.

Well new game mechanics are replacing old ones. To be honest with consecrate and holy wrath at 9 secs I dont think prot pallies will be having much trouble with aoe threat, we never seem to be lacking in that department.

P.s: Ah mastery also affects SoR damage nice!
    Last edited by Seani; 2012-05-05 at 09:26 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Almost all tanking classes lose 1 taunt ability each in MoP.

So now if someone will ninja-pull some pack in instance, or other similar thing happens, well, one-less tool to help the situation.

Don't see much sense in that change though. RD is, imho, one of class-defining abilities we have so little left now.
    It makes even less sense when you realise DK, Druids and warriors all have some AoE taunt/fixate mechanic in game as well.
    Can't remember if monks have one.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    It makes even less sense when you realise DK, Druids and warriors all have some AoE taunt/fixate mechanic in game as well.
    Can't remember if monks have one.

EJL
    Druids and warriors lose their Challenging Roar/Shout in MoP, unless I misunderstood something.
    I guess you were a nice help to your raid on Beth'tilac/Skyrim if you never needed it.

All tanks lost their "AoE" style taunts. It was a fun ability and our first taunt that we ever got. I remember when we got it way back when. The forums were aflame with rage about Paladins getting a taunt.

Oh well, we'll manage.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    not much has been said about the way this taunt works.
    I really like Righteous Defense because you can use it to taunt of players.
    It doesn't only work if you target the mob you want to taunt, but you can use it to taunt all mobs from a selected player.
    I really loved that idea, hope we get out single target taunt to work when targetted a player too

it was a very unique taunt

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Druids and warriors lose their Challenging Roar/Shout in MoP, unless I misunderstood something.
    Yes, little tools such as War Banner.

EJL