Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    Maybe it couldn't pass the health standards of a drink that can be consumable by kids in your country.
    I wish, but not the case, we have all the garbage sold in the world. (except this drink apparently)

10+ Year Old Account
    I will probably try login on the release, play an hour or two and then continue to play on the morning when most people went to sleep :P
    I registered on MMO-Champion, and all I got was this lousy signature...

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    (EU) I'll be going to sleep just before the release and wake up rested with a normal day-night rhythm and ENJOY the first playthrough of normal with a fully rested non-fatiqued mind. This way I'll probably even make more progress during the day and be further in the game at 12 midnight the next day than those that started at midnight and I'll have enjoyed it more because I was rested etc. (don't give me that nonsense of ''no I'm different I can play all night @ full brain capacity without normal sleep). I've always found these midnight releases to be utterly retarded, it makes more sense for every party involved to let the servers go online 12.00 noon.
    same, I'm not even pre-ordering, just going to go to shop and buy it next morning, so don't really have a choice. But i know already what I'll be dreaming that night..

10+ Year Old Account
    probably make a couple homemade pizza, get a couple liters of iced tea, and some other crap.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

I honestly just pre-ordered this on a whim... Is it really that good? haha

1. I hold number2 until 1h before the run starts.

2. I make sure that 2-3 days prior to the run, I go to bed in a way that 8 hours later when I wake up it's between 30 minutes to an hour before the run starts. This time around I make sure I go to bed at around 7PM starting on Saturday the 12th since D3 will be up at 4AM for me on the 15th. This means I'll be holding on number2 starting Sunday morning to dump it Tuesday morning when I wake up at around 3AM.

3. Pee bottles nearby, I like gatorate bottles since it can hold a lot.

4. For liquid, I'll be drinking mostly water with the occasional chocolate milk.

5. For food, I'll eat 1 apple when I wake up (an apple to wake you up works so good you have no idea btw, better than coffee imo). After the apple I'll have some food lined up for when I get hungry, oranges for fruits from that point on, I have at least 2 footlong subway subs ready so that way I can eat 4 times 6 inches throughout my run.

Basically the run goes like this, I'll wake up an hour or so before the run starts, number2 time, I then do 5 minutes worth of situps & 5 minutes of stationary bike, I then eat 1 apple & 6 inches sub & drinking either water or chocolate milk. I will then eat everytime I'm hungry but I eat small portions since D3 is nonstop action.

I've done this since 2007 when burning crusade came out & never missed on server first lvl cap. The difference with D3 is that you have to eat smaller portions since you have less dead time than in WoW where you could end up on flypath at times or autorun with your mount.

While playing long periods of time, don't forget to walk (irl) for about 30 seconds to get the blood flowing from time to time (I do it every 4 hours where I walk through each rooms in the house, takes about 40 seconds). If you have stairs, just go up & down twice & that should be good enough. The reason I do this is that a friend of mine almost died once & it was because his leg hadn't moved in so long while he was awake, it was something with the way blood was flowing in one of his leg, maybe clogged artery or some crap I don't remember but he doesn't play long periods of time now without exercise from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    It's overrated, trust me. :P

I think I'll just get fruits and such, because fruits will keep you going longer than unhealthy food.

I'll just be happy that this semester will be OMFG OVER. It's been Hell... so how fitting to spring into a different Hell!
    Haha yes I'm sooo glad I'll be home by the time D3 comes out so I can enjoy it without the worry of finals and classes and everything!

OT: I probably won't go as hard for D3 as I will for Mists but I should get a solid all-nighter out of it. Never played a Diablo game though so maybe it'll surprise me and I'll play longer. Part of the reason I'm excited for it is because it's kind of like a whole new adventure for me so should be fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Humpwing cares not for your feeble masonry.

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    probably make a couple homemade pizza, get a couple liters of iced tea, and some other crap.
    oooh man i love you for reminding me this wonder... home made pizza... i know what im gonna be eating next couple days

I am allowing myself to break my diet on this day; I will be ordering some wings from the local Wingstop and I will be getting a case of root beer. I will be going to the Midnight release however I have review for my finals and work on the 15th so I am kind of bummed, oh well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    same, I'm not even pre-ordering, just going to go to shop and buy it next morning, so don't really have a choice. But i know already what I'll be dreaming that night..
    Yup I just ordered it at a website that will send the code over at release, but im expecting that to be a few hours late so I'll be able to play in the morning. Ah yes those dreams.. more frequent they are the closer we get.

Deleted
    Shitload of water! I can already see a starving diet incoming!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    I love Mountain Dew, but it has to be one of the most unhealthiest soft drinks you can buy. Maybe it couldn't pass the health standards of a drink that can be consumable by kids in your country.

Not too excited about the game, but I'm getting it anyway. In either case, the semester just finished and I need to find a job, so my plans will revolve around what happens on that front first.

In the UK, due to the amount of sugar, Mountain Dew is classified as a energy drink (called Mountain Dew Energy), although it's essentially the same.

lots of coffee with pizza

Well, should get some exercise and get out alot more this last week now. If the weather is any good Ill do it.

Will consider clean up some more, so I dont haft to bother with it for longer time.

Do extrea chores perhaps, gut I should move out soon =)

On release day nothing but a good night sleep, then staying home hoping the mailman comes by on the 15th, if not 14th (prays!). I dont belive in crazy food plans, water and maybe some food that aint messy. I dont wanna waste time eating, gonna pull a 24 hour gaming session if possible. Mostly just worried about my luck on getting it on the 15th

Quote Originally Posted by fryya View Post
    it's horrible! the most artifical and sweet taste you can imagine. like redbull²+strange after taste
    Too many Mtn. Dew haters, the drink is awesome (yes it'll kill you) but it's delicious and I have no strange aftertaste from it. However the "real sugar" mountain dew does have one i must admit.

As for me, I work to much to be able to go all out like you all and I'm getting too old for it all (23 w/ child and full time job :'( gonna be 24 week of d3) but if I could it'd be all fajita platter with gardettos, munchies, pretzels, whataburger, and last but not least a case of Amp (the mtn. dew energy drink)

Deleted
    I'm probably just going to get some peanuts and other nuts and stuff, some fruit and a couple of energy drinks!

Nothing that takes more than 5 mins to heat up in the microwave. Screw sunlight, healthy food, and a bathroom for at least a week. Actually, I may need to try the bathroom thing or I may explode...
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    chicken breasts and shitloads of rise... just like every day

---------- Post added 2012-05-05 at 08:05 PM ----------

pisses me off that there's no mtn.dew in my country, i wanna try it out! every1's talking about it
    You're actually not missing anything.

As for myself, I will probably just drink plenty of water and try to avoid anything more than a snack here or there. (fruit, crackers, maybe some cheese + meats). Nothing exotic and nothing too unhealthy.

I'm also expecting to hear of at least one or two stories about people who died while playing Diablo for too many hours straight on a diet of energy drinks and no sleep.

/sigh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I'm also expecting to hear of at least one or two stories about people who died while playing Diablo for too many hours straight on a diet of energy drinks and no sleep.

/sigh.
    Haha, know that i think about it, there will probably be someone who will end up fainting, and go to the hospital.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcry View Post
    I'm just gonna suggest that the "ZOMG 48 HOUR GAME-FEST" is not really befitting of the Diablo genre. There's no gear race, world firsts, or the such. It's just group up and have fun with your friends. Please, you'll ruin the game for yourself and then complain that it was too short.
    What he said..

I don't see the point of rushing in game like D3..