Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guildwars 2 is the most simple mmo out there for New players while being more later as you learn.

There are 4 main stats, and then 2 stats for each talent tree "Trait line".

With only 1 stat on your last Trait line just for your class. think of it more like mastery.
    More of any stat is good, none suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    also condition damage is limited compared to direct, which can be taken all at once from infinite sources, the way conditions apply their damage over time and the limitation of 3 different ways regulates the damage even more

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 01:29 AM ----------

i THOUGHT armor was % and tough was flat reduction, im not sure, i jsut assumed. otherwise why split it up?
    Omg i must be really bad at explaining things because i was trying to say this the ENTIRE TIME....

toughness absorbs a flat amount of damage X (at least it did last beta) where armor just reduced damage done by what ever amount, they were different but both reduced damage...

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 09:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Guildwars 2 is the most simple mmo out there for New players while being more later as you learn.

There are 4 main stats, and then 2 stats for each talent tree "Trait line".

With only 1 stat on your last Trait line just for your class. think of it more like mastery.
    More of any stat is good, none suck.
    it's actually moved up to 7 main stats, but they're all very straight forward, power = more flat damage, precision = more crit, prowess = more crit damage, toughness = damage reduction, vitality = more health malice = more condition damage, compassion = more healing done, Cunning (or something like that) = longer conditions, and w/e the last one is called = longer boon times.

I thought it was really easy to get ahold of, however i do think they should really say early on "There are no Tanks, DPS, or Healers don't build like there will be." because a lot of people would just go pure power, precision, and prowess and effectively die the second someone glared at them.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    it's actually moved up to 7 main stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    Actually there are 9 main stats : power (damage), precision (chance to crit), vitality (HP), toughness (dmg mitigation), malice(condition damage), expertise(condition duration), prowess(increases crit damage), compassion (increases outgoing heals), concentration (boon's duration).

Plus every class has it's own 10th stat with unique effect: engineer-ingenuity, elementalist-intelligence, thief-cunning etc, etc...

So yeah, this is system IS easy to get in to, but deeper it's a true nerdgasm for math freaks ;p
    Quoting out of sheer laziness ;s

It's technically 4 primary stats, 5 secondary stats, and 1 profession stat. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    Quoting out of sheer laziness ;s
    lol wow herpaderp i can count!! i put down 9 conditions but said 7 xD thank god i'm not a math major....
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    because a lot of people would just go pure power, precision, and prowess and effectively die the second someone glared at them.
    Survival of the fittest. If they don't learn, they'll get swept aside in the tides of battle.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    It's technically 4 primary stats, 5 secondary stats, and 1 profession stat. >.>
    more correctly:

4 attributes which are modified by 4 primary stats, 5 secondary stats, and 1 profession stat (of which there are 10 of)

the underlined is important, it means we can use the terms toughness and armor interchangeably, but it means we cant

armor is the end result damage reduction after toughness is added

toughness is the bonus from traits, gear, and leveling up thats added on top of total defense from your gear

health is your base health + any health effects + vitality *10
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-05-08 at 08:40 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Survival of the fittest. If they don't learn, they'll get swept aside in the tides of battle.
    lol you make a very good point there... it's also fun crushing someone very quickly when you're stacking vitality compassion and toughness xD