Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezo View Post

I think it's funny that people call him a terrorist, sure he's a mass murderer but he's not a terrorist.
    He caused terror by killing a bunch of unarmed, innocent civilians. The majority of them were terrified teenagers. What part of that isn't being a terrorist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    He caused terror by killing a bunch of unarmed, innocent civilians. The majority of them were terrified teenagers. What part of that isn't being a terrorist?
    Terrorist is someone who has a purpose to cause terror in a certain society. That is his/her aim. Breivik did not want to cause terror in a society, but instead kill X people for his mad reasons.

Deleted
    The guy did what he felt was necessary, gotta give him props for that. Probably wasn't the best way to state a point though.

I think it's funny that people call him a terrorist, sure he's a mass murderer but he's not a terrorist.
    What is your definition of terrorist? He's murdering people, with the intent to cause political change through fear. Thats a pretty clear case of terrorism, wouldn't you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Terrorist is someone who has a purpose to cause terror in a certain society. That is his/her aim. Breivik did not want to cause terror in a society, but instead kill X people for his mad reasons.
    Actually no. His "mad reasons" are that he thinks that immigrants (specifically Muslim immigrants) are going to bring about the downfall of Norway. He wanted to cause terror, because through terror he could try to affect change, or at least get enough media attention to try.

He's a terrorist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Seeing all the post here about media wanting to make money sickens me.

We don't do it because of money, we have enough of it in Norway to live perfectly fine. We do it because every person have the right to a fair trial, and even if we're sure there's no way he can prove his innocent, we will not make a hasty judgement. Sure we'll let him talk of his heinous ideas, but to have a fair trial, we have to hear everyones view in detail, and in a case with so many witnesses, it'll take long.

Like it was said earlier, I'm just suprised they've given him so much time to speak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaroidsupercolor View Post
    I honestly can not believe they even give this person a trail.
    What sickens me, is that there are still people that think not everyone deserves a fair trial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulvhedner View Post
    Seeing all the post here about media wanting to make money sickens me.
    We don't do it because of money
    This guy is right. We(the press) don't do it for the money, we do it for rating.
    More rating means more publicity, more publicity means more cash.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is pretty much just one thing i don't understand about the whole Breivik case. I understand that he gets the opportunity to say what he wants to say, and to defend himself. It makes me really, really sick that he gets that opportunity, but i still understand why he gets it, because that is how law works. What i don't understand is.... what is there to defend? I mean, he obviously killed over 70 people. It doesn't matter why he did it, it doesn't matter how he did it, fact is he killed 70 people, and in my eyes he deserves the worst thing he can imagine for that. And the worst thing for him would be to get locked up in an asylum (hope i's the right word), so that he realizes that everybody think's he is crazy. If i remember right he stated himself that he is afraid to go to an asylum because he wants to be taken seriously.
    But in the end, he killed 70 people, there is no doubt about that, so why the fuck is the trial taking so long? I don't know anything about law enforcement in norway, so could someone please enlighten me about this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saberon View Post
    Actually no. His "mad reasons" are that he thinks that immigrants (specifically Muslim immigrants) are going to bring about the downfall of Norway. He wanted to cause terror, because through terror he could try to affect change, or at least get enough media attention to try.

He's a terrorist.
    He wanted to bring awareness to what is happening or is about to happen in the Kingdom of Norway and I think he managed to do just that. Unfortunately the society is too close minded to understand his intentions.

He wanted to bring awareness to what is happening or is about to happen in the Kingdom of Norway and I think he managed to do just that. Unfortunately the society is too close minded to understand his intentions.
    Too close minded to understand the intentions of a schizophrenic fascist that killed 70 teenagers.

Ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anders Behring Breivik, born 13 February 1979 is a Norwegian accused mass murderer,terrorist and the confessed perpetrator of the 2011 attacks in Norway. On 22 July 2011, Breivik bombed the government buildings in Oslo, which resulted in eight deaths. He then carried out a mass shooting at a camp of the Workers' Youth League of the Labour Party on the island of Utøya where he killed 69 people, mostly teenagers.

The criminal trial of Breivik began on 16 April 2012
    The trial is estimated to take 10 weeks with the fixing of the sentence to be received by Breivik no later than 20 July IF pleaded guilty.

I honestly can not believe they even give this person a trail. I read a newspaper today online where it said and i quote
    ' World famous Anders Breivik ' It just sickens me that he's getting all this attention, and the worst part is he enjoys it so much.
    Now my question is, all this media buzz and trails, is it to get money out of this subject ? Or viewers on TV ? It is obvious that this guy did what he did. Im not a person that sees conspiracy's or Complottheories in everything, but i just wonder why they're stretching this out so much ?

Im sorry for the bad english
    When people say something "sickens" them. Like are they sitting there contorting their face and holding their stomach while dry heaving/spitting into the toilet?

Called Democracy, heard of it?

Everyone has a right to a trial, no matter how heinous the crime, we aren't North Korea here

The guy did what he felt was necessary, gotta give him props for that. Probably wasn't the best way to state a point though.

So would you be giving him "props" if he had murdered members of your family or friends? This post reeks of racist and xenophobic undertones. Also, he was absolutely the textbook definition of a terrorist. It's real funny how a christian can't be labeled a terrorist in the minds of some people.

Quote Originally Posted by TofuBeast View Post
    Too close minded to understand the intentions of a schizophrenic fascist that killed 70 teenagers.

Ok.
    He may be fascist, but he certainly isn't schizophrenic and it's been proved as such that he completely competent. He knows what he's done and he knows that it's viewed as monstrous and he understands that. This guy had so much conviction in what he believes in, that he trained himself over a course of a few years to become almost devoid of any feeling for what he was going to do.

I don't view what this guy has done as acceptable but I find it fascinating that this guy pulled this off and didn't kill himself in the process because he knew if he did, he wouldn't be able to communicate his message and why he did it. He's definitely cold and very calculated and without a doubt, believes in what he's done.

It's really no different that what Bin Laden pulled off , only this guy was a one man army and held himself accountable for his actions and didn't believe any greater power made him do it.

Deleted
    I honestly can not believe they even give this person a trail.
    Why shouldn't he get a trial?

Deleted
    I've studied this whole ordeal since it happened and read through his full manifesto on more than one occasion.

The man is not insane or mentally challenged in any way shape nor form. Just because someone has done something which in your own mind is unfathomable does not mean that they are not right I the head.

He knew exactly what he was doing, he knew exactly what the outcome was going to be ( he actually held back a bit as he couldn't fully carry out his plan ) and he knew exactly why he was doing it.

Do I agree with what he done? No. Innocent children were massacred and a child should never be held responsible for societies failings.

Do I agree with the reasons of why he done what he done? Well to be honest yeah I kinda do. Does it make me some sort of neo nazi racist blah blah blah ? No it doesn't.

A poster above jamp straight head first in on someone saying they were being racist or w/e. That my friends is what Is wrong with today's society. People who when someone says something they disagree with label said person as some sort of monster, it's like being in a school playground again.

The man is entitled to a fair and just trial like every other person on the planet, in democratic countries anyway.

Yeah we know what happened, yeah he admitted to it, but the law is the law.

And yes he is a terrorist.

He used violence to create a state of terror, of which in doing so is classed as terrorism, In turn due to causing widespread fear he therefore terrorised the people of Norway.

He IS a TERRORIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Yes he did want to cause terror.

Read up on the case at least.

Anyhow
    We're giving him a trial because we live in a democracy, simple as that.
    In Norway EVERYONE is given the right to defend themselves, right for a lawyer and so forth. If we suddenly decided to change the rules because of him alone, it would fall apart.

The trial is mostly about wether or not he's sane, and if he should go to prison or a psychiatric-ward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demez View Post
    What sickens me, is that there are still people that think not everyone deserves a fair trial.
    He murdered 77 people.

I honestly can not believe they even give this person a trail
    Yeah, good luck with your North Korea goals of 2012.

He murdered 77 people.
    And still he deserves a fair trail, just like everyone else. As I said, good luck with your North Korea goals of 2012. You would fit in perfectly.

He murdered 77 people.
    That's how justice works. What we know is that he's guilty, they are now determining his punishment.

It just sickens me that he's getting all this attention
    I hadn't heard about him in weeks tbh