Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Other then his incessant need to talk about how much money he makes streaming, I do enjoy Towelliee's stream. I'm not really a fan of Athene, but honestly anything is better than those generic dubstep pvp streams.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamKane View Post
    Personally I find athene annoying at best and obnoxious at worst. Especially during that livestream between vodka and method.......it would of been better if that other guy, Kinaesthesia I believe his name is, hosted it alone imo! =/
    The reason he host commentated was because it was on HIS livestream... And he freely admits not being current on WoW. And all the people complaining still watched it on his stream... About 8500+ IIRC? It would have been easy enough to find the two independent livestreams and watch them by yourself... And after all the bitching, I would even wager that many will watch his livestream again when they take 4 International Guilds head to head in the next one... Love him, hate him, it's like a train wreck that you just can't stop watching... So go fan boy him or troll him on the livestream, and while you're there, donate a little money for dem kidz... It goes straight to the Save the Children Foundation... peace/out...

Quote Originally Posted by Rodpad View Post
    Clearly Jeremy Irons and Scar are the same person.
    Clearly Chiren and Athene are the same person
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Leeroy Jenkins is a "WoW superstar"
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

I wouldn't go so far as to say he's infamous, more like really kind of annoying and he talks a lot. Infamy is for losers like corpsegrinder that go on whiney rants and such.

People getting popular because of videos they make in wow, yeah .. ok please you people really need to get a life outside of these websites and games.

Quote Originally Posted by Milamber View Post
    Leeroy Jenkins is a "WoW superstar"
    This. Athene is a peasant when compared to Leeroy Jenkins.

He's not a superstar.

Deleted
    I find his character personality repellant, as it hasn't changed one bit so it just seems obnoxious (He was actually funny the first month or two back in tbc), but he does do good things, iPower, save the children etc.

Edit; I miss Furiouz ;<

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    Kids are attracted to people like him. That's why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desdonde View Post
    First guy to level 80 via exploit and banned for it.
    First guy to level 85 via having 20-30 people helping him grind the endless spawning nagas
    Probably first guy to level 90 via cheap method X Y or Z

Why do people consider this guy so amazing? I was watching the Vodka vs Method DS competition, and he was so annoying. He knew literally NOTHING about the DS bosses and very little knowledge on all class abilities in general, always interrupting Kina when he was actually explaining something important.

Someone please just explain it to me...
    He made a bunch of videos parodying hardcore gamers, instead of people seeing the joke he became a champion of hardcore gamers
    this happens a lot with comedians, who use irony to work two audiences at the same time, and they often become popular with the people they were originally trying to mock.

that being said his original videos are still amazingly funny, the problem is a lot of the younger gamers dont understand that he is joking, even though he makes it obvious by saying things like "get a life?, why dont you get a life in game" , and " I am just like jesus", but you need to understand that athene is essentially a character that a guy plays, and he isnt actually a real person,

if you watch his videos and think "this guy is a jerk" , then you havent understood the comedy, and you probably are one of the people who say "the office was overrated"

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious View Post
    I was also quite annoyed at him during the Vodka vs Method stream. Likes the sound of his own voice way too much when you take into consideration how little he knew of classes/bossfights. Several times I facepalmed at things he said/asked. He didn't know there were 3 BR / combat in 25M for one.

Regardless of how he got those world firsts, he's a name in WoW. That means that fanboys will adore him and the same fanboys are blind to criticism.

In short, think of the WoW playerbase, add a guys who's name has been flying around quite a bit during the history of WoW. Result = this.
    there is nothing worse than someone who complains about a charity event, athene organized and hosted that event, all the proceeds went to save the children, then a guy like you who did nothing, you just watched the stream and didnt even donate wants to complain,

"this oxfam charity shop is SHIT!" , "this charity music festival to save kids in africa is SHIT!" < thats you right now

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    there is nothing worse than someone who complains about a charity event, athene organized and hosted that event, all the proceeds went to save the children, then a guy like you who did nothing, you just watched the stream and didnt even donate wants to complain,

"this oxfam charity shop is SHIT!" , "this charity music festival to save kids in africa is SHIT!" < thats you right now
    Nobody said the event itself was bad, I think it is very good. We're saying that he was extremely annoying in the event.

Why? because he's gone from pure trolling to actually helping the gaming community.