Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    I never insulted the guy. Why should i care if he helped some random girl in a wheelchair ? Do you think anyone would care if i lost an arm or a leg ? No, they wouldn't care, so why should I care about others ?
    You say this yet have a rip message to someone from a tv show so obviously you care about others.
    Acting dark and edgy on the internet is so cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hes famous because hes funny and entertaining, the same reason everyone else whos famous in the world is famous. Before I even read the post I knew it was going to be another "Athene doesnt know anything and I think hes blah blah blah" thread where the OP thinks fame = skill/seriousness.

Lighten up for real dude. When people make up weird reasons why they hate a "star" it makes me think theyre just in envy. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether it is an act or not, he just comes across to me as a bit of a knob.

Deleted
    Why do I keep seeing threads about this retard?

I never insulted the guy. Why should i care if he helped some random girl in a wheelchair ?
    No one is asking you to care if he helped this young lady, but please tell me your not so blind as to not recognise a good deed?

Do you think anyone would care if i lost an arm or a leg ? No, they wouldn't care, so why should I care about others ?
    Having such a pessimistic view on life is sad and I feel sorry for you, but I'm guessing from your attitude that you're probably right; no one would care if you lost a limb.

Quote Originally Posted by Desdonde View Post
    First guy to level 80 via exploit and banned for it.
    First guy to level 85 via having 20-30 people helping him grind the endless spawning nagas
    Probably first guy to level 90 via cheap method X Y or Z

Why do people consider this guy so amazing? I was watching the Vodka vs Method DS competition, and he was so annoying. He knew literally NOTHING about the DS bosses and very little knowledge on all class abilities in general, always interrupting Kina when he was actually explaining something important.

Someone please just explain it to me...
    OP: he is from ANTWAAARP.

Anyone living in Belgium knows the answer to your question now ...

The running joke over here is ... : how can you make a fortune ?

By buying a guy from Antwerp for what he really is worth and you sell him for the amount what he thinks he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    No idea really. All I know about the guy is that he did a very annoying video shortly after Blizzon '11 where he ran around and asked random people about what they thought about the pandaren as a class. I wanted to punch him in the face each time he called them a class. Honestly - if he's played this game for so long, and is "oh so good", then how on earth can he not know the difference between a class and a race I wonder.
    You really don't know the answer to that? I'll give you a hint... it's a 5 letter word that starts with "T" and ends with "L".

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't pay him much attention - he seems like a total douche.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

he's not, he is just a well known troll

Best part about all of this?

He's an amazing troll, and everyone on here who's getting all riled up, fell for it.

+10 internetz to all of you who took it the right way

There are no ''WoW celeberties'' or superstars or whatever you wanna call them, they are just WoW players who are a little bit known...

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    There are no ''WoW celeberties'' or superstars or whatever you wanna call them, they are just WoW players who are a little bit known...
    played wow since 2005, never heard of him

I understand the angle he tries to take...and I still find him incredibly annoying.

Deleted
    Athene started showing up earler as 2007 TBC. Check out his channel and then go to the earliest videos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desdonde View Post
    Someone please just explain it to me...
    Well, you're talking about him. Even made a whole thread on MMO-C about him. Why do you think?

Good troll.
    World first in leveling, "exploiting" but ok.
    Got R1, carried in 5s by guys like Hydra but still. "ok".

He is a great comedian, doesn't take this game too seriously.
    Hi

Deleted
    Compare Athene to AVGN.

James Rolfe is a normal guy and filmaker who puts on this persona of the AVGN for entertainment. He himself is a calm, down-to-earth guy who is in no way as angry as AVGN.

Athene puts on the persona of the "Best paladin in the world" for entertainment. This persona or character if you will is overly cocky and arrogant and it's for entertainment. And most of what he has done is part of that persona.

Whilst I agree that he's no super-star in terms of a competative scene and he's far from the best paladin in the world he knows how to entertain people and now uses less of his cocky persona to do that. You may not find him funny but thats just opinion, I love the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Desparatus View Post
    Compare Athene to AVGN.

James Rolfe is a normal guy and filmaker who puts on this persona of the AVGN for entertainment. He himself is a calm, down-to-earth guy who is in no way as angry as AVGN.

Athene puts on the persona of the "Best paladin in the world" for entertainment. This persona or character if you will is overly cocky and arrogant and it's for entertainment. And most of what he has done is part of that persona.

Whilst I agree that he's no super-star in terms of a competative scene and he's far from the best paladin in the world he knows how to entertain people and now uses less of his cocky persona to do that. You may not find him funny but thats just opinion, I love the guy.
    Athene is good looking though, unlike Rolfe

So naturally, lots of internet citizens will hate him regardless
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

I give zero duck about him and why he famous. I don't understand and why should i bother try to understand.

Deleted
    Athene isn't real person, he's just persona created to atract other wow players. He's all WoW players are and wish to be - he is ugly nerd, plays only videogames, has bitchies aroudn him all the time, has tons of money. Plus he is jerk and people like jerks.