Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Isn't Pandaria supposed to be the equivalent to Northerend (aka Southerend)? In that case Pandaria should have the same climate as Northerend, which would mean that the Tuskarr should be able to survive there.

We don't know where Darkmoon Island is located so it's possible that the Island also has a cool climate that would be suitable for the Tuskarr

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Remember that bit of news that you old gods are tied to the planet so the titans couldn't kill them else story azeroth, so they contained them under it. Well seems that didn't matter at all since we've been killing them just fine.
    We havent "killed" any of the old gods.

OT: Are we sure that this Tuskarr traveled to Pandaria only once the horde and alliance found Pandaria ? There could be a group of Tuskarr that have lived there ever since the first sundering, and just adapted, there are other descendants of common Kalimdor / EK races on Pandaria

This is the reference: http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:The_Jig_is_Up

It's a pirate complaining how Tuskarr taken as slaves die a few days after leaving Northrend's climate. A good argument could be made for the slavery being the primary factor in their deaths. If a Tuskarr found his way to more temperate climes, he probably would be all right if he wasn't being worked like a dog in the hot sun. Just a thought.

Slave Tuskarr get depressed and don't keep themselves properly hydrated
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I bet they are using some sort of chilling/cooling spell to survive hotter areas.

...Just a guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstaff View Post
    during Wrath of the Lich King an NPC says that Tuskarr will die after a few days of leaving their climate. It doesn't actually make sense for them to be in Krasarang Wilds with the Anglers.
    I never heard about that, but I guess you're honest about it.

In that case it's most likely just another thing Blizzard forgot.
    They've forgotten things like this before. *cough* Falstad Wildhammer *cough* Archmage Ansirem Runeweaver *cough* Mal'ganis...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghul View Post
    this would be a question for redshirt-guy at the blizzcon
    OMG LOL xD
    Sweeter than yo mama's apple pie.

Humans used to think that the earth was flat and that everything in the universe revolved around this awesome flat earth, it dosent mean they were just assholes who forgot, they just didnt know any better yet. Maybe they assumed through all of their existance that they actually would die because the ones that were taken against their will and worked like dogs died, and a brave few decided to test it out to find that they fared pretty well in other climates? Im sure its not optimal to them, and they are probably uncomfortable to an extent, but why couldnt they adapt? Does evolution not exist in Azeroth?

Either they are placeholders or Blizzard once again forgot their own lore... hope they do something about it, it was embarrasing enough for Blizzard that Metzen got pwned by the red shirt guy during Blizzcon

Deleted
    That little bit about the Tuskarr was quite dramatic, but we can do without it, no big deal, I'd rather feel that the Tuskarr can actually leave northrend.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Regarding "Master Baiter" (*adolescent snicker*), I'm guessing placeholder model.
    Not gonna lie, I had a good laugh when I saw that NPCs name in the screenshot. I wasn't proud of it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I never heard about that, but I guess you're honest about it.

In that case it's most likely just another thing Blizzard forgot.
    They've forgotten things like this before. *cough* Falstad Wildhammer *cough* Archmage Ansirem Runeweaver *cough* Mal'ganis...
    Well Warcraft lore is just soo very massive
    Plus if it was mentioned about Tuskar cannot survive outside cold, then it was prbly some minor thing added onto some random quest text from nowhere
    Blizzard did not forget about Mal'ganis, he is just put aside for the moment to be used as a possible story arc for later

Ha, so blizzard once again ignores there own lore in favor for what they think is 'nifty' or 'cool man', once again.
    Of all the lore bits they could (And sometimes did) ignore, putting a Tuskarr where he doesn't belong is one of the more minor ones, i think the bit about Tuskarr being the major fishing experts is more known than the "Tuskarr boil and die in anything but permafrost"-bit, besides, this is a game! "It's nifty/cool/l33t" is a perfectly valid reason to diverge from lore...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Maybe that was just a piece of superstition, passed down over generations to keep the Tuskarr in Northrend.
    To quote another gullible game character
    Wheatley: Oh, for God's sake... They told me that if I ever turned this flashlight on, I would die! They told me that about everything! I don't even know why they bother giving me this stuff if they didn't want me to use it; it's pointless! Mad!
    Last edited by Detheavn; 2012-05-07 at 09:17 PM.

The Tuskarr who walk around out side of Northrend are Frost Mages and spam blizzzard on themselves = P

10+ Year Old Account
    As a man who thinks that Tuskarr should have been our neutral race on their own mysterious island, I support this walrus.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

oh i just laugh at it now because this is exactly what happens all the time, they just 'forget the small details' and thus makes anything they say about the lore pointless and not even worth keeping track of.
    Remember that bit of news that you old gods are tied to the planet so the titans couldn't kill them else story azeroth, so they contained them under it. Well seems that didn't matter at all since we've been killing them just fine.
    They might not be 1 person, but they can't even keep tabs on there own story anymore
    actually you're wrong... we didn't kill them... just killed a part of them, stopping their influence over azeroth...

But Metzen said it himself when they introduced the Draenai... "it's my universe, I do what I like with it and I can change some detail as I see fit" ... not the exact words, but near enough =p

Personally I'm going with the idea that they actually can survive outside the cold climate of Northrend, it just takes them a long time to properly acclimate and strenuous labor during this period is potentially fatal. The pirate from WotLK was simply mistaken because the only time a significant number of Tuskarr have left Northrend, it has been because they were taken as slaves.

Still wouldn't be a bad idea to let Blizzard know so they can throw in a bit of dialogue explaining it. Something like gossip text on the Tuskarr in question going something like "It's true you don't see many Tuskarr outside Northrend, most of us just can't handle the heat. I was bedridden for a week when I first came here, but the opportunity to learn fishing techniques from the Pandaren made it all worth it."

---------- Post added 2012-05-07 at 11:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wildspirit View Post
    actually you're wrong... we didn't kill them... just killed a part of them, stopping their influence over azeroth...

But Metzen said it himself when they introduced the Draenai... "it's my universe, I do what I like with it and I can change some detail as I see fit" ... not the exact words, but near enough =p
    Actually I remember a profuse apology for forgetting about the original lore, then saying that the damage had been done and it was better to go forward with the new story then try to go back to the old.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    This. Maybe he was afraid that they would die pining for the fjords.
    Pinin' for the fjords? what kind of talk is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Personally I'm going with the idea that they actually can survive outside the cold climate of Northrend, it just takes them a long time to properly acclimate and strenuous labor during this period is potentially fatal. The pirate from WotLK was simply mistaken because the only time a significant number of Tuskarr have left Northrend, it has been because they were taken as slaves.

Still wouldn't be a bad idea to let Blizzard know so they can throw in a bit of dialogue explaining it. Something like gossip text on the Tuskarr in question going something like "It's true you don't see many Tuskarr outside Northrend, most of us just can't handle the heat. I was bedridden for a week when I first came here, but the opportunity to learn fishing techniques from the Pandaren made it all worth it."
    I approve of this explanation. After all, pirates are not exactly renowned as brilliant men of science, so odds are whatever he claimed as fact might not have been wholly accurate...
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    Uh, when have we ever killed an Old God? They're all still alive, C'thun being the only possible exception. We're not really sure what happened to him.
    Nope, C'Thun is still alive. We killed his current host (Cho'gall) but his essence can never be destroyed. Yogg, while we destroyed the head, still has tons of tentacles through out northrend, and as we seen with C'Thun, old gods can regenerate from the smallest piece left behind.

And ya, as others have said: the person who said that they took from northrend is a pirate and those were slaves. Let me get a big fat man and work him in the sun for 13 hours strait with little food and water and see how long he survives.

This guy is most likely more "well adjusted" to the new environment then what I mentioned above.
    Last edited by Augrelle; 2012-05-08 at 04:57 AM.