Poll: How are you buying DIII?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

How are you getting Diablo III? And for how much?

After some consideration I once again used a service of one online store in my country that sends you the CD key in email right after they get the game in stock which should happen sometimes on the 13th of 14th. Overall it costs 43 EUR / $54 which seems to be a fair price for getting the game in advance. I got WotLK and Cata from them too and it's kinda convenient.

How about you?

Hope I didn't forget any major way in the poll.

Deleted
    Attending midnight release in Berlin getting my preordered CE. I think it's 90€ but don't care much about how much it is. So hyped for this game like I never was before. I feel like a child again

Deleted
    I've ordered mine at the cheapest reliable place here in Sweden, the actual physical copy (blizz store is expensive as hell).

it costed me 63.24$ translated currency. Ffs i want cheap shit aswell

10+ Year Old Account
    Annual pass, but just like Diablo 2 I foresee myself buying an extra copy, this time however to just get 10 more character slots. I would've ordered a CE but my significant other is already getting one so didn't feel the need.

Annual Pass. Knew it was the perfect solution for me the moment Morhaime presented it at Blizzcon.

Thats supercheap. I'd love it if I could do the same thing in my country.
    The thing I don't understand is: why does blizzard charge so much for the "no CD" version, when some stores sell them for about 50€ or less...
    I know that they ( stores ) have to make profit and all... but still. 60€ vs 43€ is kinda a big difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Annual Pass!

Going to best buy or Walmart that doesn't preorder for Diablo 3 CE, and I'm gonna buy one. Hopefully not a lot of people in my town want Diablo 3's CE THAT badly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Annual Pass, but I plan on heading out to Best Buy to see if they have a collector's Edition for sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Annual pass. It was pretty much the best deal ever for me. I was going to play both wow and d3 anyway. Saved me some money for sure.

Deleted
    Pre-ordered CE for about 105 Euro. Kinda expensive, but worth it

Deleted
    Collectors edition from a retail store mainly for the USB stick. I only have about 20 of those, I need another so I can someday achieve world domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Pre-ordered CE for about 105 Euro. Kinda expensive, but worth it
    Seems to me you got shafted, it's going to be in the general toy/multimedia stores here for 88 euro. Where do you live if I may ask?

You're asking this on a WoW-related site, so the odds that the results were skewed to "Annual pass" would be pretty high.

Pre-ordered the CE, plan to pick it up at Midnight. It'll be my first CE game ever AND my first midnight release...and the first time I've ever taken a day off work for a video game launch.

However, I do have the annual pass, so I'll be basking in four free months of WoW time as well. I wanted the Diablo Skull statue with the soulstone mainly, as well as the soundtrack, so it was worth it to me. The art book and the making of DVD/Blu-Ray are icing on the cake, and if I can (which I kind of doubt, but like I said, first CE ever), I'll probably sell the pet. Ugh...next week needs to be here

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Getting it through Annual Pass. I did want to get the CE, but not in a position to afford it :-/

Deleted
    58 dollars here in swe, pretty good deal

Deleted
    Annual pass. Cost: free!

Deleted
    Buying it off Amazon UK for what works out to be €40,which is a fair bit cheaper then the €59.99 you can get it off Blizzard for.But the downsides are I can't pre-download it and I'll have to wait until the 18th or 19th to play but they're just QoL things imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Collectors edition from a retail store mainly for the USB stick. I only have about 20 of those, I need another so I can someday achieve world domination.

Seems to me you got shafted, it's going to be in the general toy/multimedia stores here for 88 euro. Where do you live if I may ask?
    I live in Denmark. It's always fairly expensive online here, although I could have gotten it for about 12 less euro, but their preorder was out of stock.

Not getting it so not paying crap =-p