Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    How about those Death Grips used when I am 5 feet away from the gripping DK?

    Or more rarely, those Grips when I am being Typhooned out of Lumber Mill? Thanks, Mr. Dk!
    Hmm, as a DK who actually knows how to use DG I can tell you that both of those scenarios are perfectly fine depending on your class. The first, if you are a caster I am not using DG as a gap closer, I am most likely using it as an interrupt. In the case of a fire mage/ele shaman I am using it to lock your school out because I will grip you right into a mind freeze since you will continue casting while gripped.

    As for the knockoff from LM, if I feel like I can kill you or the LM is under control I will actually grip you back onto the LM so I can keep you from just going somewhere else. This also depends on your class, I am more likely to do this to mage/priest/pala/rogue, etc. People who can survive the fall. I would rather you sit in the GY waiting to rezz or even fighting outnumbered at LM instead of just moving to BS or something.

    So... yeah. Just because you don't understand the use of DG does not make it wrong.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by squid View Post
    Always a sign of scrubs who just wanted to be the "hero class".

    As rogue they pull people out of my Kidney and Smoke bomb to do their crap little rune strikes instead of my shadow dance. Excellent work, 'hero'.
    l

    Lmao you can't grip a target that's stunned it just won't move and what djr in their right mind grips into a rune strike?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironmonster View Post
    l

    Lmao you can't grip a target that's stunned it just won't move and what djr in their right mind grips into a rune strike?
    Most Worgen DK's.

  4. #24
    Pit Lord Malgru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My computer chair
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekkeri View Post
    Chains to grip is a classic. So classic they gave DKs a glyph for it.
    Glyph doesn't work on that.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    90% of DKs in bgs try to Death Grip me after i disengage, so easy to counter with Deterrence rofl, gl catching me for the next 25-30 seconds.
    It's even more fun when they don't bother to wait for you to blow disengage.

    Hi!

    Bye!

    LOL!

  6. #26
    Scarab Lord Atrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,344
    Quote Originally Posted by microtonal View Post
    It's even more fun when they don't bother to wait for you to blow disengage.

    Hi!

    Bye!

    LOL!
    If it forces you to use it early, then it's an acceptable strategy.
    If you don't have disengage back up by the time I've managed to put you in trouble, then you're screwed. Also, if they death grip you onto something that you can't disengage well off of - somewhere with uneven terrain, for example - then you might not get very far.

    As others have pointed out, there are a few situations in which it is preferable to open with death grip. It's not a universally bad tactic, but it is often employed by bad players.

  7. #27
    Pit Lord Malgru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My computer chair
    Posts
    2,410
    I play a hunter and a DK, both fairly geared (hunter full cata, dk 3/4 cata since i started him wayyy late).. as a hunter I usually just blow disengage if they dont DG and then just Master's call/scatter shot my way out in a BG (in arena usually just put down snake trap and master's call out), as a DK I just run up to them on my mount (in a BG) and just stay on top of them til they blow Disengage then DG them back. The sad part is, most hunter's in randoms/rateds are really, really bad. Which disappoints me.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Hmm, as a DK who actually knows how to use DG I can tell you that both of those scenarios are perfectly fine depending on your class. The first, if you are a caster I am not using DG as a gap closer, I am most likely using it as an interrupt. In the case of a fire mage/ele shaman I am using it to lock your school out because I will grip you right into a mind freeze since you will continue casting while gripped.

    As for the knockoff from LM, if I feel like I can kill you or the LM is under control I will actually grip you back onto the LM so I can keep you from just going somewhere else. This also depends on your class, I am more likely to do this to mage/priest/pala/rogue, etc. People who can survive the fall. I would rather you sit in the GY waiting to rezz or even fighting outnumbered at LM instead of just moving to BS or something.

    So... yeah. Just because you don't understand the use of DG does not make it wrong.
    This, this, 1,000 times this. DG is a very useful second interrupt.

  9. #29
    When my 2's partner Death Grip's somebody away from me right after I use my burst CD's

  10. #30
    Scarab Lord Roose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    4,945
    While we are on the topic, do not leave out the mages that blink before death grip and the hunters that disengage only to get pulled right back. Goes both ways.

  11. #31
    i hate when dk's steal my kill in bg with theyr death grip. Once i remember i was like level 70 , was fighting in AV and allmoust killed a pally, then a dk death gripped him when he was at around 10%hp, the pally used lay of hands and killed the dk, i lol'ed so much.

  12. #32
    Titan Synthaxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rotherham, England/UK
    Posts
    13,098
    The other side is those that exclusively spam chains or Icy Touch. They're not completely stupid, but they sure do know how to irritate the enemy, while completely depleting all their runes. At which point, you simply freedom/disengage/blink/leap/shift-spam out of it/use some other escape, and then lol as you beat their face in. Even more amusing as a rogue or hunter is to CloS or Deterrence through the initial spam.

    Frost Strike going through deterrence is ridiculous though. It doesn't always happen, but when it does, it's a real "oh what the f*ck" moment.

    Root + chains is just classic though. Whatever character i'm on, whenever i see those, it's just like "I assumed we had a mutual understanding of each others skill level. Apparently i was wrong". Just like the Paladins who decide to bubble at 15% health, thinking they'll get away, but don't even have nitro boosts, and promptly get their face eaten.
    Coder, Gamer - IOCube | #Error418MasterRace #ScottBrokeIt
    Knows: Node.js, JS + JQuery, HTML + CSS, Object Pascal, PHP, WQL/SQL

    PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

  13. #33
    My favorite use of death grip is to interrupt priests/paladins when they Aura mastery. All of their rage is mine.

    Death gripping > COI random enemies on mounts into a full pack off my teammates is great fun as well.

  14. #34
    The Patient Divinism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    321
    Fight against DK.

    Heroic Leap + Spell Reflect.

    Watch the DK grip himself. Especially awesome when you are jumping behind pillars in arena.

  15. #35
    Pandaren Monk Telaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple!(Former Swede)
    Posts
    1,823
    Haha, gotta love them DKs! UH YEAH!

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    I play a hunter and a DK, both fairly geared (hunter full cata, dk 3/4 cata since i started him wayyy late).. as a hunter I usually just blow disengage if they dont DG and then just Master's call/scatter shot my way out in a BG (in arena usually just put down snake trap and master's call out), as a DK I just run up to them on my mount (in a BG) and just stay on top of them til they blow Disengage then DG them back. The sad part is, most hunter's in randoms/rateds are really, really bad. Which disappoints me.
    meeting a good pvp hunter is like wind and rain on a cold winter's day, not nice.
    "Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside."

  17. #37
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    11,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekkeri View Post
    Chains to grip is a classic. So classic they gave DKs a glyph for it.
    Blizzard abhors the idea that players might need to actually learn to play the game before being able to do well in PvP.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  18. #38
    As a hunter, I was born with a hatred for Death Grip.

    I don't think it's so terrible to use it though. It does do some damage and certainly takes away the advantage that ranged classes have.

    That said, it can be frustrating to play WITH a DK who uses DG all the time.

  19. #39
    I love being a flag runner and the DK always pulls me away from the group so I can escape.

  20. #40
    One time, around beginning of cata, I was in a bg fighting a very powerful warlock, who would've probably killed me if it werent for that one lazy noob geared dk that came from nowhere and "stole" the warlock from me (he death gripped because he was probably to lazy to walk all the way). so the warlock began to attack the dk instead. I couldnt be arsed to walk over there (fuk dat shit) to continue to fight so I ran my jolly legs away while the warlock ripped the dk to pieces.

    Moral of story: dks, if you want to assist in battle dont DG away from a melee ally who's close to the enemy already. Thanks.

    Was kinda fun to watch tho.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •