delicate rotation questions (ele)

only been playing ele a year but there has been one thing i could always do better on

and thats juggling my FS / ES cooldowns

basically im going to jot down a couple common scenarios, and anyone who has hard facts, please let me know which shock is the better option to use.

FS = flameshock dot time remaining
    ES = stacks of fulmination

FS 4 - ES 7
    FS 3 - ES 9

FS 6 - ES 5 (these 2 i am asking because from what i understand, at 6, the shock values a single lightning bolt, but being as it is instant cast, it should be valued slightly higher, but what about at 5 stacks? would it be worth to cast right now to avoid risk of over stacking fulmination?)
    FS 6 - ES 6

also on a side note, for PvE i use the spine trinket and the valor int on use trinket. i generally try to combine my int trinket with my elem mastery to get a much better use out of it, but in doing so i end up waiting about 10-15 seconds after elem mastery comes off cooldown, is waiting for my valor trinket to come off CD to combine with elemental mastery a good idea? or should i only use it on openers on bosses and then spam both everytime they come off cooldown despite the fact they wont be used together anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by littleking View Post
    only been playing ele a year but there has been one thing i could always do better on

and thats juggling my FS / ES cooldowns

basically im going to jot down a couple common scenarios, and anyone who has hard facts, please let me know which shock is the better option to use.

FS = flameshock dot time remaining
    ES = stacks of fulmination

FS 4 - ES 7
    FS 3 - ES 9

FS 6 - ES 5 (these 2 i am asking because from what i understand, at 6, the shock values a single lightning bolt, but being as it is instant cast, it should be valued slightly higher, but what about at 5 stacks? would it be worth to cast right now to avoid risk of over stacking fulmination?)
    FS 6 - ES 6
    If you're not at 7-8 stacks, depending on your gear (more likely 8+ these days), LB is stronger damage per cast time than Fulmination when you factor everything in. So ES 5 and ES 6 are off the table.

FS 4 is iffy. That's probably low enough you should chuck another LB/LvB and then refresh FS first. In general, I only let FS fall off if I'm casting an ES 8+ at ~4.5 seconds left or higher, which is about a half second window where it will fall off. FS 3 and ES 9 means refresh FS, absolutely, and try and figure out if the reason you're in that situation is because you could have cast ES 8 a couple seconds ago, or if you got a perfect storm of procs or something.

also on a side note, for PvE i use the spine trinket and the valor int on use trinket. i generally try to combine my int trinket with my elem mastery to get a much better use out of it, but in doing so i end up waiting about 10-15 seconds after elem mastery comes off cooldown, is waiting for my valor trinket to come off CD to combine with elemental mastery a good idea? or should i only use it on openers on bosses and then spam both everytime they come off cooldown despite the fact they wont be used together anymore.
    For Spine, you should stack them, but that's because DPS on the tendons is all that really matters. Elsewhere, you're losing DPS by not using EM on CD.

ya for spine i definitely save it no question

and my shock CDs are 6 seconds, because i have had feedback from my raid i seem to take extra dmg so i put those talent points into taking reduced damage

but my gear is high enough now, and DS is nerfed enough now where i can probably spec back into the reduced shock CD.

thanks for feedback, your answers are generally what i was thinking i was just hoping for some confirmation from a more seasoned shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by littleking View Post
    ya for spine i definitely save it no question

and my shock CDs are 6 seconds, because i have had feedback from my raid i seem to take extra dmg so i put those talent points into taking reduced damage

but my gear is high enough now, and DS is nerfed enough now where i can probably spec back into the reduced shock CD.

thanks for feedback, your answers are generally what i was thinking i was just hoping for some confirmation from a more seasoned shaman.
    Unless you're specifically talenting for fight to reduce damage because DPS is not an issue, you're losing out on DPS by dropping Reverberation. Your spare 2 points after the 'required' talents in the 'normal' spec should be in Ancestral Resolve or Elemental Warding.

If you're going to drop anything for improved survival it should be Ancestral Swiftness on a fight like Spine or Madness where you're not moving for a large majority of the fight, Earthquake on any fight except Madness, Spine and Yor'sahj (though I do actually cast it on Warmaster now, the debuff means my guild kills the adds on the ship and the drakes so fast we spend a lot of time standing still so I cast it where the Sapper will emerge from his stealth just for a tiny bit of extra damage) or drop Elemental Reach on Ultraxion. You can also drop Totemic Wrath on any fight you want if you have a Demo lock in your raid. Its beneficial to keep it on you just in case the demo lock dies for whatever reason, but if your guild needs survival that is also an option.