Deleted

Tera Testaccount?

Hi folks!

I'm kinda interested in Tera, though I didn't hear any good about it so far ...
    Some friends who were able to participate in the Beta said, that it was crap, but I'd like to see for myself.

So my question is:
    Is there already such a thing like Test Account or Invite a Friend where I'd have the possibility to test the game?

Best wishes
    TheCrusader

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    Hi folks!

I'm kinda interested in Tera, though I didn't hear any good about it so far ...
    Some friends who were able to participate in the Beta said, that it was crap, but I'd like to see for myself.

So my question is:
    Is there already such a thing like Test Account or Invite a Friend where I'd have the possibility to test the game?

Best wishes
    TheCrusader
    In theory it's just a one time fee for the game, since it comes with a free month and you can buy gametime for ingame currency. The box price is quite cheap for a new game as well. So if you checked out the game in terms of reading about the game and look at vids and find some interest in it... why not just get it? That's at least what I should have done, and especially since it's just a one time fee.

Deleted
    as far as i can see that, i'd pay 45€ for tera ... which is too much just to test it ... even if i can give it back to the retailer and get my money back, it's too much of an effort for me since i just want to TEST the game ... i'm not intending of playing alot of it right now, since D3 is on the doorstep ...
    maybe it's also just a timedump ^^

able to buy game time with ingame currency? Sounds awesome, but how hard is it to farm month worth game time of gold?

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a mega thread for Tera discussion: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ad-Tera-Online
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    able to buy game time with ingame currency? Sounds awesome, but how hard is it to farm month worth game time of gold?
    It's the perfect idea for subfee games really, always give players something to do ingame that actually is valuable as well. So far I only heard EvE online having it, and it's good to see more games following their examples. I don't know how easy it is to get gold in Tera, seems like people got to max level within just a couple of days so perhaps they can tell us?

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    We have a mega thread for Tera discussion: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ad-Tera-Online
    yeah but 309 pages of reading just to find out how much gold/farming time i need to buy 1 month of game time is kind of a huge time investment

It may not happen right away but I would have to imagine they will include a "trial" option similar to WOW or Rift's free to play up to lvl 20. It just makes so much business sense.

I think level 12 and the island of noobs would be adequate enough for a free trial. You could try all the races/classes you want for free without mucking up Velika city while still getting the basics of the action.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I think level 12 and the island of noobs would be adequate enough for a free trial. You could try all the races/classes you want for free without mucking up Velika city while still getting the basics of the action.
    And the prologue. Just so you can see what classes are like once they start getting into the meat of the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    yeah but 309 pages of reading just to find out how much gold/farming time i need to buy 1 month of game time is kind of a huge time investment
    Then just ask this same question there; much easier than reading through 300 pages
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right