Death not allways breaking CC, how do I fix?

srs, sometimes sheeps, repentences, scatters, blinds etc do not break even though I hit the death perfectly (as seen in atrox arena viewer). Does anyone know what is causing this bug and how I can fix it?

Please respond.

Lag/Absorbs(dunno if they affect breaking CC)?

make sure you take off shield first

10+ Year Old Account
    most likely lag issues like with getting cc'd with spellreflect up

either shield or that other priest shield that stacks on healing, pretty sure there is a macro on AJ for removing shields and deathing

Thanks for the advice so far, the shield thing as allready been fixed at end s9/start s10 if I remember correct so that is not the issue.

Don't think there is a fix for this, happens quite often for me as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    /cancelaura Power Word: Shield
    /cancelaura Divine Aegis
    /cast Shadow Word: Death

Question mark.

Deleted
    This sort of question is better answered at arena junkies due to the fact that as you can see by the responses people on mmo don't always keep up with the latest pvp developments.

You are correct that the shield issue has been fixed and you no longer need a cancel aura macro for your shield.

The problem is due to a change they made that means sheeps etc do no break if the target takes damage directly after the sheep lands.

This means it is now much harder to death cc as you now need to do it right at the end of the cast. Like literally right at the end so the damage from deaths hits you 0.5 secs after the cc lands so it will break. Often if the mage doesn't have a shield the push back from death can mean that the sheep lands later and there is no chance of you deathing sheep. Just try to death as late as possible and ideally don't death the target ccing you.

Hope this helps and makes sence!

Deleted
    Stop with the /cancelaura macros, SW: D breaks cc through shields just fine. Go test it in a duel and see. Chances are it's lag or bad-timing on the part of OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalian View Post
    This sort of question is better answered at arena junkies due to the fact that as you can see by the responses people on mmo don't always keep up with the latest pvp developments.

You are correct that the shield issue has been fixed and you no longer need a cancel aura macro for your shield.

The problem is due to a change they made that means sheeps etc do no break if the target takes damage directly after the sheep lands.

This means it is now much harder to death cc as you now need to do it right at the end of the cast. Like literally right at the end so the damage from deaths hits you 0.5 secs after the cc lands so it will break. Often if the mage doesn't have a shield the push back from death can mean that the sheep lands later and there is no chance of you deathing sheep. Just try to death as late as possible and ideally don't death the target ccing you.

Hope this helps and makes sence!
    I do not have acces yet this season so I haven't been able to post my question.
    bad-timing on the part of OP.
    Its not bad timing on my part, as atrox arena viewer tells me. I simply do not take self damage (even though it does not kill the target).

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    I do not have acces yet this season so I haven't been able to post my question.

Its not bad timing on my part, as atrox arena viewer tells me. I simply do not take self damage (even though it does not kill the target).
    Yeah sometimes it bugs up and you take no damage, other times you take damage and it doesnt break (usually because the damage landed in the 'CANNOT BE BROKEN' first split second of poly).

I don't know any way to help you unfortunately, but to confirm that yeah, this happens, and if a solution actually existed I'd love to hear it.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yea its one of them things that sometimes does what its sposed to and sometimes it doesnt ;p
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

Miss/resist/grounding are the only things that can make your death to fail. If it's none of those you're wrong on the timing.

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Miss/resist/grounding are the only things that can make your death to fail. If it's none of those you're wrong on the timing.
    Look, im a 2600 player. I'm pretty sure I can time my deaths ok? Specially if I have a addon where I can look back on and see exactly when I deathed?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Naragar/simple

Anyway thanks for everyone that did provide helpfull answers, I guess it just fails sometimes.
    Last edited by Naraga; 2012-05-20 at 01:23 AM.

Deleted
    Look, im a 2600 player. I'm pretty sure I can time my deaths ok? Specially if I have a addon where I can look back on and see exactly when I deathed?

Anyway thanks for everyone that did provide helpfull answers, I guess it just fails sometimes.
    3v3 matches: 2,153
    3v3 victories: 1,174

That equals to 54.5% w/l ration, hardly impressive, and did you get this high rating during last season when the MMR system was bugged? I'm sorry but just because you've had 2590 rating in 3v3 as max, and possibly only once, don't make you flawless or gods gift to man so just linking your armory (especially when you're not in a team currently with that rating) will not really prove anything.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying you are bad but the attitude that just because you have had 2.6k rating you can't possibly have done something wrong is just, well, wrong.
    Last edited by mmoc2b9514a7e1; 2012-05-20 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    3v3 matches: 2,153
    3v3 victories: 1,174

That equals to 54.5% w/l ration, hardly impressive, and did you get this high rating during last season when the MMR system was bugged? I'm sorry but just because you've had 2590 rating in 3v3 as max, and possibly only once, don't make you flawless or gods gift to man so just linking your armory (especially when you're not in a team currently with that rating) will not really prove anything.

Just to be clear, I'm not saying you are bad but the attitude that just because you have had 2.6k rating you can't possibly have done something wrong is just, well, wrong.
    I'm not implying im playing perfect, however deathing poly's you can hardly get the timing wrong. If you need to know, I got 2600 playing dk spriest holy paladin in s10 weeks after the mmr fix. We were the highest rated players of that setup in the world at that time. I've also had AJ acces in s9 and s10 and i'm wearing this seasons elite gear.

I'm linking him to my experience to show that I am not the type of player that would miss poly deaths on the regular.

I'm pretty sure that I, who are a 1.8k rated shadow priest, never have had any problems with shadow word: death. Perhaps it's just a problem showing up over 2k rating?

No, it never fails, whenever it does fail you're doing something wrong, here's a list for you:

1. Most populare one, grounding totem is out and your death won't deal any backlash dmg.
    2. You miss you death, be it a night elf, cloaked rogue etcetc.
    2. You get resisted, undeads with shadow prot buffs, mages with shadow prot buff + mage armor etc.
    4. You are timing it wrong, patch 4.1 reduced the time between your SH: D hit and the backlash and you're doing it to early.

The spell just doesn't disapear just like nothing have happened, face it, you are doing something wrong and you're beeing way to cocky about it.