Poll: Will you explore everything in Diablo 3?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    They aren't pure random. The world layout will always be the same, only the pieces inside that world layout will differ. Furthermore, your statement makes no sense. How are you missing out somewhere else if you explore the map? That somewhere else isn't going away.
    What I'm saying is that spending 5 minutes back-tracking through explored areas isn't nearly as effective as simply joining/starting a new game.

If you have 2 hours to play, exploring the whole map won't result in better loot than playing the game without exploring every nook and cranny.

I believe Bashiok said it himself that Diablo III is all about efficiency. Why spend so much time exploring everything if you can simply run through the same area twice?

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    What I'm saying is that spending 5 minutes back-tracking through explored areas isn't nearly as effective as simply joining/starting a new game.

If you have 2 hours to play, exploring the whole map won't result in better loot than playing the game without exploring every nook and cranny.

I believe Bashiok said it himself that Diablo III is all about efficiency. Why spend so much time exploring everything if you can simply run through the same area twice?
    They aren't going for efficiency. They just want to explore because of the "immersion" or their compulsion to be a completionist.
    If they were going for efficiency they would get to hell/inferno asap.

Also, I agree with you but it's their $60.00.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-05-10 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every corner and barrel shall feel my Holy wrath.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole rushing to 60 thing is stupid. Why burn through all of the content right away?

And yes, I will be searching every corner in D3. Unexplored areas = less chance to find elites!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    This whole rushing to 60 thing is stupid. Why burn through all of the content right away?

And yes, I will be searching every corner in D3. Unexplored areas = less chance to find elites!!
    Because there is an achievement for it.
    ?????? - Complete Act I in under 1 hour

Don't worry there's an achievement for exploring too. I just wanted to point out that people will do both.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-05-11 at 02:25 PM.

depends on if things are non-linear enough to explore
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

I don't see the point of rushing if you ain't trying to go for world first or something. Unless of course the game really is THAT bad, that you have to get over it as fast as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Explore every random generated nook? You realise when you log out, cos ur not gonna play for like 20 hours straight, it's going to reset?

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    Nice try, I'd consider that a novice effort. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWXD2Fx7NVQ
    lol, amazed the barbarian was able to use way points without breaking up his streak. good show =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps the first day, but eventually, I'm going to skip some shit.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't wait this long for D3 and rush through it like Captain Insano, I'd rather take my time on normal/hard difficulty, I want it to stretch out over a week at least (depending on how long it actually is). Then get serious.

Basically I don't want to cheapen the experience for myself.

"Because there's an achievement for it!" is a pretty weak excuse in my opinion.
    Last edited by Blockygame; 2012-05-11 at 08:45 AM.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Deleted
    Yes, I will explore every goddamn nook. I start preparing for my exams the 14th, will reward myself with some D3 in the evening, and I finish exams on June 15th. D3 will be my form of entertainment the coming month, so taking it slow and enjoying what I get is what's most important to get through exams properly. Rushing and stressing and finding out that after 10 years of waiting you actually did not enjoy anything from 1-59, because you've been checking on everyone else who is rushing and seemingly always ahead of you, is not what it's about for me.

Everyone is entitled to play the game the way they like to play it, but I quietly pity those who will rush to 60. The first playthrough is the most magical.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2012-05-11 at 12:59 PM.

Yes i am, even though the maps reset after you log out

Deleted
    Yeah, I'll be doing a lot of exploration. There's nothing more disappointing for me than a linear game, so if there are hidden niches to explore I can safely say I'll be venturing to every corner and passageway. I like to see everything a game has on offer, especially if it rewards adventuring.

Deleted
    Eventually, but not focussing on exploring every corner at first.

I would, if the servers wouldn't be down, once again.

Deleted
    yes, i will go slow and explore all, im not hurry finish diablo 3, because diablo 4 will be in 2024...

Does anybody have an idea on how many hours it takes to do explore everything vs how long it takes just to do the bare minimum to get to 60?

Yes. I've always been one of those ever since the old Might and Magic games that can NOT leave a map uncompleted. Even if I blow through a campaign, I have to go back or the map and therefore game feels incomplete. It's more fun to explore it all.