HL2 ep 3 or HL3???

Without spoiling the second and its expansions, which game is a bigger possibility in the near future, Half Life 2: Episode 3 or Half Life 3?
    I'm mid way through the second game having never played it so please no spoilers, but all I know is the series ended on a cliffhanger so would it make sense to do HL3 but start where it left off? I think valve would be insane to not keep this amazing series going, from what I can tell so far, it is a work of art.

PS: I'm kind of a a graphics whore so I'm playing through it with CM10 on, from what ive played of Vanilla it seems to really improve the experience.
    I thought Dragon Age 2 was innovative and groundbreaking!
    lol >.>

I was always under the assumption that episode 3 was going to be a spin-off and not a direct sequel to episode 2. Kind of like how blue shift and opposing force was for HL1.

Doesn't matter what it will be called, it will pick up sometime after the events of EP3.

There was (once again) some big talk about an announcement of the next HL @ E3, but Valve confirmed they won't be announcing anything new...

TROLL SUCCESS 2012

edit: Marc Laidlaw is a true genius. Watch some of his interviews, you don't find his type of dedication and writing these days

edit2: http://lambdageneration.com/posts/th...life-episodes/ great read I found on the steam forums =P
    Last edited by Creatinebrah; 2012-05-08 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Doesn't matter what it will be called, it will pick up sometime after the events of EP3.

There was (once again) some big talk about an announcement of the next HL @ E3, but Valve confirmed they won't be announcing anything new...

TROLL SUCCESS 2012
    I saw that, lame >.>
    Why drop your biggest franchise considered to be one of the best ever at its climax?
    lol >.>

Quote Originally Posted by looopy View Post
    I saw that, lame >.>
    Why drop your biggest franchise considered to be one of the best ever at its climax?
    I don't think Valve is dumb enough to drop HL...I remember reading a post by Doug Lombardi that Valve hasn't gave up HL and told the fans to 'hang in there.' I believe that was a year ago (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...fe-2-Episode-3).

Initially, HL was supposed be released every x amount of months, but obviously with L4D and Portal they kinda screwed over HL but I highly doubt they dropped it entirely.

I agree with you 100%, HL is by far one of the best PC franchises one could hope for. At first, I didn't mind waiting but that was back in 2010 but now it's getting kinda ridiculous...

edit: Same shit with blackmesasource (http://www.blackmesasource.com/). Mod was such a hype when they released the trailer but they've delayed it for so long with very little news from the devs...

On an OT: have you guys tryed cinematic mod? Its truly awesome and Makes the game adequate for 2012.

On Topic: It just seems like a no brainer to me, idk its all more complicated than im making it obviously
    lol >.>

Deleted
    Ok I've been in this game for a long time.

HL2 was a shock. HL1 was one of the best games ever - top 10. HL2 better. Yet we didn't know it was coming. Shrouded in Apple like secrecy there it was. BUT, they had made something enormous and game changing AND no one had any idea. And the more you would delve into HL2, the deeper it was. It came shortly after the surprise announcement. Many had jittery sound issues. Me included. Yet.. damn what a game.

So chap 1 came out (im playing it now, SUPERB). Chap 2.. but no chap 3.

My prediction: no chap 3 - or rather, now that the world is on steam, Chap3 is coming. It's free. It's a precursor to HL3. Which, again is game changing.

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    My prediction: no chap 3 - or rather, now that the world is on steam, Chap3 is coming. It's free. It's a precursor to HL3. Which, again is game changing.
    this would be absolutely perfect
    lol >.>

If I remember correctly they scrapped the whole episode concept and if the story were to continue it would be in Half-Life 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Igloo View Post
    If I remember correctly they scrapped the whole episode concept and if the story were to continue it would be in Half-Life 3.
    ^ This
    watislove

I read they're done with the episodic deal. I assume it'll continue with Half-Life 3.

Deleted
    Half Life was brilliant, But HL2 was kinda boring, and when the episode started coming out I actually had to force myself to complete the first one and the second one, I still haven't finished yet- I think I got near the end, but it felt more like a chore than fun.

But the next instalment will be Half Life 3, that's if Valve can be bothered to make it - episode 1/2 were pretty closed to each other on release its been way to long for a 3rd episode imo

and to Add HL3 will not be out or even started development on until the new consoles are out for a good few months, Its all about the money remember.
    Last edited by mmocae06178e2b; 2012-05-09 at 01:15 PM.

Don't rush valve, it took them 5 years to make HL2, they started in 1999. They are the the best game development house in the world for quality, even Blizzard wish's they could be Valve.

Quote Originally Posted by candlepally View Post
    Don't rush valve, it took them 5 years to make HL2, they started in 1999. They are the the best game development house in the world for quality, even Blizzard wish's they could be Valve.
    [citation needed]