Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Riots problem is they let the community remain shit. I end up going the first 20 minutes 4/0/1 as jungle ganking bot twice and mid once. To have an Olaf who has pushed his lane all the way to the tower complain that im not ganking his lane. Hell our ad range ended up going 1-8 but that was ok not her fault she pathed and positioned horribly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Do you have a source for this "94% ban rate"? That seems like an unlikely high number.
    When Tribunal numbers were first published, that's what Morello stated. In more recent posts, he says it's dropped down to 64%-ish currently.

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 10:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    So people who get frustrated after a long string of losses that were causes by just flat out stupidity and express that frustration by saying "don't fucking play ap pantheon in ranked games" should be banned and not the 3/13/3 ap pantheon?

Maybe things are different in the eu servers but that is all too common on the na ones.
    Depending on how they word that frustration, yes.

As to 1/13/3 pantheon, he won't get banned if he's not reported. Clearly, you, of all people, should be aware that the Tribunal does issue bans and as such should have little trouble believing you'll eventually be rid of that moron.

Someone else breaking the rules does not provide you an excuse to do the same.

//sidenote: that said, I can't stand AP Pantheon, Yi, Teemo or other such non-sense. I feel your pain.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-05-12 at 08:23 AM.

Firstly, myself:

I've spend an excessive amount of money on LoL. Hundreds of euros most likely over the years. I've never been banned, and I am also a member of the Tribunal. I've never been banned in any game for any reason. That happens not because I spend money, but because:

(a) I will rarely swear, and if I do it won't be because of bad play, but because of bad player. When you tell them that "mate, this isn't working as well as you want. Try buying that next time", and they call names, then...
    (b) I literally never leave. Never. The only time I left a game was when some water machine in our house broke. HOW do I manage to never leave? I join games ONLY when I know that even if it lasts for as long as 65 mins, I can stay.
    (c) I am being the uniter in teams. I never let my teammates flame each other. When someone swears, I play my Tribunal card: "if you get reported for that, mate, I would have decided that you need a ban". This usually nets you a temporary silence. Many people in the end, say: "If <name> was not here, we would have lost".
    (d) When someone flames me for being a noob or just has a problem, I put them instantly on ignore for 3-5 mins, until the calm down. This ensures that you won't be answering them, thus distracting the whole team + he may get banned for his flaming skills.

and many more.

On that topic though, I have to say that I believe that the kids say this about people buying RP and not getting banned. I really don't think that anyone who is able to pay for his/her skins does not have the minimun skills required to never get banned. Kids who get as their birthday present a paysafe card to get 1 skin on warwick are the ones who most likely say this.

---------- Post added 2012-05-12 at 11:37 AM ----------

So people who get frustrated after a long string of losses that were causes by just flat out stupidity and express that frustration by saying "don't fucking play ap pantheon in ranked games" should be banned and not the 3/13/3 ap pantheon?

Maybe things are different in the eu servers but that is all too common on the na ones.
    That was certainly not the reason for getting banned.

Deleted

Players are usually not banned for minor cursing. Players should NEVER be banned for being bad unless their flat out trolls. people learn at different speeds and everyone should be given a chance.
    Last edited by mmoc9eb0d33af1; 2012-05-12 at 05:07 PM.

Well i can "confirm" that this is somewhat true. My brother spend atleast 200-300 dollars on skins, champs and boosts in LoL, and every game he is flaming, trolling og simply harassing other players since he thinks hes superior to "the random idiotic noobs" he meets in every game.

He has recieved one warning, ONE, and i think he used all "bad words" that are in his english vocabulary atleast 200 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnaos View Post
    I feel they shouldn't, it's bad business for them.
    Driving away other players because they wish to keep the business of one player who doesn't know how to follow the rules is bad business.

Being bad (save intentional feeding) should not be worthy of a ban in any game, be it LoL or WoW. Use of such language is also not necessary to say something like "don't play AP Pantheon in ranked games."
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2012-05-12 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrix View Post
    Well i can "confirm" that this is somewhat true. My brother spend atleast 200-300 dollars on skins, champs and boosts in LoL, and every game he is flaming, trolling og simply harassing other players since he thinks hes superior to "the random idiotic noobs" he meets in every game.

He has recieved one warning, ONE, and i think he used all "bad words" that are in his english vocabulary atleast 200 times.
    The other people in the thread would prove you're wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Driving away other players because they wish to keep the business of one player who doesn't know how to follow the rules is bad business.

Being bad (save intentional feeding) should not be worthy of a ban in any game, be it LoL or WoW. Use of such language is also not necessary to say something like "don't play AP Pantheon in ranked games."
    Alright, fine you're right don't ban people for playing badly but when you directly and knowingly put your team at a massive disadvantage in a competitive environment you should expect nothing less than some hate and you should either take it and accept that you're bad and go play normals(non competitive) until you're better/stop doing deviant build shit or stop going out into the middle of nowhere and if someone shows up you're 100% dead.

And the "don't fucking play ap pantheon" is to really get the point home that hes the reason we lost and playing a champion with 1 ap scaling ability on a 10 second cd as ap is bad.

Also unless he voluntarily turned off his filter (meaning he either doesn't mind or does it himself) he won't even see the "fucking" so that makes zero sense to me.

He would have voluntarily gotten himself offended then.
    Last edited by This name sucks; 2012-05-12 at 07:18 PM.

too long, didn't read.

But I do know of an account that had purchased over $200 worth of stuff did in fact get permabanned.

I don't think RP purchases are any factor as far as bans go.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to be naive as shit to think that riot can actually personally look through all bans that get processed every day (10000s) and the tribunal has a 94% (whoever thought of letting a free game manage its own bans is an idiot) ban rate so whats the point of even having it if everything passes "the filter" as you say and gets sent off to riot to decide.
    Do you have any evidence or statements from Riot that they do not review the cases before issuing bans? Because I have statements showing they do.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...5#post10538565
    Actually, right now, we do verify all of the tribunal results. In the long term we plan to review only serious punishments if the system holds up, but in the short term we are making sure it works by reviewing all of the cases.
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...137#post455137
    We're very aware of the concern that players want the final say to come from Riot, and that is what happens. The Tribunal helps us to see those cases that require action, as judged by players, making it easier for us to make your in game experience better and take action where needed.
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...5#post16962125
    The Tribunal does not give players the ability to ban other players. They merely vote on a case, and the results and the case are sent to us for review. It's up to staff to decide if they agree with a guilty verdict and how to discipline a guilty member.
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...85#post9342885
    Keep in mind that all cases are vetted by a Rioter before judgment is made. If the community is 80% voting punish on a case that we pardon, only the pardoners will be credited as voting correctly. While a thirst for blood may have yielded mostly the correct results early on, voting carefully will be critical as the Tribunal matures and you receive less clear-cut cases.
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...58#post9949458
    Your friend is affecting the player experiences of all Summoners he plays with - regardless of how much they spend. We care about them as much as we care about him - this discipline is attempting to improve the net atmosphere for all of League of Legends. I'm sure he's had many people who've irritated him - we're handling them as well.

Also, please keep in mind that punishments are vetted by a Rioter before being implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Do you have a source for this "94% ban rate"? That seems like an unlikely high number.
    Here is the source for you to examine.
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/t...-million-votes
    If you will notice, while 94% of those in front of the Tribunal get punished, only 1.4% of the overall population ever receives punishment.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanaki View Post
    That is not true...

I am/was a consistent RP buyer... Because i liked the game and i do not mind supporting with a coin here and there, but!! But after getting banned for the 4th time for ridiculous reasons im starting to be quite angered about the system...

My computer sometimes shuts down and im not sure why yet though... It is around 4 years old(laptop)... When it does that it takes around 30minutes to get it back up again and in to the game... This is only happening like 1 out of 20games and still i get banned every single time...

Darn you RiotGames, you just have to make my life so sad...
    So i made a 2nd account so i could stomp some lowlvls that have no idea what they are doing...
    Sounds like an overheat issue clean out your fans and stuff with can of air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karreck View Post
    Do you have any evidence or statements from Riot that they do not review the cases before issuing bans? Because I have statements showing they do.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...5#post10538565

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...137#post455137

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...5#post16962125

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...85#post9342885

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...58#post9949458

Here is the source for you to examine.
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/t...-million-votes
    If you will notice, while 94% of those in front of the Tribunal get punished, only 1.4% of the overall population ever receives punishment.
    Did you even bother looking at the dates on those posts?

The first one first example says they're looking at the results in the short term, that post was made 06-26-2011, 09:22 AM

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you even bother looking at the dates on those posts?

The first one first example says they're looking at the results in the short term, that post was made 06-26-2011, 09:22 AM
    Well, can you present evidence then? I would be eager to read it.
    Princesses can kill knights to rescue dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a stickied thread on the Tribunal forum that has a handful of information about the system.

One quote stands out on the subject:
    Quote Originally Posted by EncasedShadow
    The Tribunal does not give players the ability to ban other players. They merely vote on a case, and the results and the case are sent to us for review. It's up to staff to decide if they agree with a guilty verdict and how to discipline a guilty member.

With more than 10 games starting every second we get a lot of reports per day. Just think, in a 28 minute game, 16,800 games have started since yours did. The Tribunal allows us to have experienced level 30s, who have a vested interest in maintaining the game and community, help us filter through these thousands and thousands of games.

We welcome your feedback and any constructive criticism you may have. I say this from the perspective of an employee, and a longtime player, but I personally feel the Tribunal has been a helpful, positive addition.
    This quote was on November 7th, and can be found here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demindar View Post
    Do other people think this is true? I hear it all to often, and I know some people who actually seem to prove this with their own accounts.
    Doubt it, saw a post on the official forums the other day with a guy raging about been perma banned and all the stuff he was losing.

Assuming you're not constantly leaving or being beyond ridiculous, no, you won't get banned if you happen to be a frequent buyer.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

so ppl who spend money should get free reign to be a dick? does that mean if i spend more money i get to force them into games full of trolls?
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Why should they ban them in the first place?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by riftstalkerboss View Post
    Why should they ban them in the first place?
    Because you agreed to the Terms of Use when you signed up to play this game, stating that Riot Games can terminate your account for any reason, even for no reason at all and just for shits and giggles.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

This is true, at least in my case, I remember getting banned for rude behaviour long ago, then I bought MANY, MANY SKINS, haven't been banned a single time ever since. I swear every game, I call people the n-word, I act like a retard, troll, feed etc etc. They say "reported" and I tell them "bought too much rp to get banned, sorry".