Ret paladins - how many uses do you have for Holy Power?

Sorry if this is a dumb question and/or if it could be eventually found by way of forum searches, but it seems too specific for something I could find in a FAQ this late in the xpac.

I just need to know, for comparison purposes (so I know what I'm talking about when feedbacking the new MoP Shadow Orb stuff, to be precise), exactly how many ways can you dump Holy Power, as Ret. I know Templar's Verdict is the pure damage HP dump, and I think you can get an instant heal? But that's about as far as my paladin knowledge goes.

Deleted
    Using word of glory will give you 3% dmg inc per hp. Thats pretty much it I believe.

EDIT: Ah right, Inquisition! Thanks Raugnaut. vvvv
    Last edited by mmoc124d4cbc78; 2012-05-09 at 04:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inquisition, holy damage does 30% more damage,needs 100% uptime, or close to it. Word of Glory, which is what all other paladins have- if speced, does more healing to other targets, has a 10 sec CD, and increases damage done by 6% or something for a few seconds (I dont spec into it). Templar's Verdict, our main damage dump. Generally, we use holy power on Inquisition and then Templar's Verdict.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll also be able to use it on Eternal Flame (hot that lasts 30 seconds) if talented into it, in addition to what's mentioned above.

Divine Storm as well will consume 3 holy power in MoP, like at the beginning of Cataclysm. It's the AoE finisher.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

On beta this AoE finisher seems very underpowered :\

Quote Originally Posted by saintlyn View Post
    On beta this AoE finisher seems very underpowered :\
    120% Weapon Damage as Holy damage + Inq = say hello to 156% Holy Damage Cleave, thanks to recent buff, woot.

This they just bumped the damage on Divine Storm from 60% of Weapon to 120% with Inquisition up it should be quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Deamon69 View Post
    This they just bumped the damage on Divine Storm from 60% of Weapon to 120% with Inquisition up it should be quite good.
    Maybe too good.

At this point it creeps up on 2 targets VS Templar just a few inches short.
    Outright replaces TV with 3 targets.

I suppose they will nerf it into physical damage again or change it to 90%.

Althought the right change would be to have TV do something else, like increase Inquisition time by 3 seconds or refresh the new Crusader's Zeal.
    Last edited by Veliane; 2012-05-10 at 03:32 PM.

Interesting, I'll have to redo my simulations.

Would be cool if they gave us yet another choice for HPs related to providing additional power to whole raid. Like a mass heal maybe

Quote Originally Posted by saintlyn View Post
    Would be cool if they gave us yet another choice for HPs related to providing additional power to whole raid. Like a mass heal maybe
    I'd welcome back instant Holy Radiance for Ret as without Consecration we need a big mana-sink spell.
    Altho, some of the last tier talents already have a heal x damage/damage x heal component so it's unlikely.

Eternal Flame though, it isn't quite as good as Sacred Shield still.
    Maybe it could radiate 10% of each tick's healing to 4 nearby allies if cast on self.

It would mitigate some of the nostalgia losing the DS heal, it would feel paladin-esque.
    Last edited by Veliane; 2012-05-10 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    Maybe too good.

At this point it creeps up on 2 targets VS Templar just a few inches short.
    Outright replaces TV with 3 targets.

I suppose they will nerf it into physical damage again or change it to 90%.

Althought the right change would be to have TV do something else, like increase Inquisition time by 3 seconds or refresh the new Crusader's Zeal.
    My understanding of this design for MOP is that TV will be our single target finisher well Divine Storm will be our AOE finisher. It should out do TV on multiple target fights.

Templar's Verdict
    Divine Storm
    Inquisition
    Word of Glory
    (Eternal Flame if talented)

Quote Originally Posted by Deamon69 View Post
    My understanding of this design for MOP is that TV will be our single target finisher well Divine Storm will be our AOE finisher. It should out do TV on multiple target fights.
    Besides the point of complete and painful obviousness, when it comes to the roles TV and DS represent, 4 is the magic number Blizzard vouches for.

When an AoE finisher becomes as good as a single target finisher at 2 targets, and substantially outdoes it at 3, Blizzard will correct it no questions asked.

One would think this is situational and only rewards awareness and correct management, however they do not want this, they do not want seal twisting, they do not want censure rolling, or selfless healer refreshing, in short they do not want to allow anything to be usable for min/maxing unless it rolls the way they want.

So you can only hope they make TV more appealing rather than 'adjusting' DS, because a buff is slight, but a nerf... a nerf is to the ground.
    Last edited by Veliane; 2012-05-10 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    Besides the point of complete and painful obviousness, when it comes to the roles TV and DS represent, 4 is the magic number Blizzard vouches for.

When an AoE finisher becomes as good as a single target finisher at 2 targets, and substantially outdoes it at 3, Blizzard will correct it no questions asked.
    And yet, in boss fights where there are two targets, instead of one, we find ourselves with virtually no cleave. I would love something that outdoes a TV at 3 targets, since that seemed to be the magic number of mobs. In our heroic Spine attempts, we often have 2 bloods and the Amal...It'd be nice to put pain on all three of them. Or... the globules before Yor'sahj. Only 3, again, would be nice to have something that is meant to be taking out all three. Most other classes start getting aoe happy at about 3 targets. No reason we shouldn't be there as well.