Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPisthelifeforme View Post
    Found a Huntsman spider in my friend's vacation house in Australia. If you don't know what they look like this infamous picture is one hiding behind a clock...

(Picture)

This is the size of them, and they are EXTREMELY fast and like to hide behind things...

(Picture)

I ended up staying in a hotel for the duration of the trip...
    Oh god....i'm having a horrible horrible Camel Spider flashback....

Keep me away from grenades.
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    To vehemently defend the claim like OP would is to present to these very forums a ludicrous display of ignorance and unawareness so profound and comical that it might actually deserve its own time slot on The History Channel.

Found a Huntsman spider in my friend's vacation house in Australia. If you don't know what they look like this infamous picture is one hiding behind a clock...

This is the size of them, and they are EXTREMELY fast and like to hide behind things...

Haha, I just read on Wiki that they are also be called clock spiders!

Deleted

[IMG]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/Milty123/clockspider1.jpg[/MG]

[IMG]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/Milty123/clockspider2.jpg[/IG]

(Oh, if I could only resize the quote...)

/chills

That thing is an instant flyswap till death and surprise attack and hope it doesn't jump on you or something
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-05-09 at 11:21 AM.

Deleted
    Mister Feets needs love too

10+ Year Old Account

-snip-

-snip-

Edit: Here is a tid bit about these spiders!

Sparassidae (formerly Heteropodidae) are a family of spiders known as huntsman spiders because of their speed and mode of hunting. They also are called giant crab spiders, because of their size and appearance. Larger species sometimes are referred to as wood spiders, because of their preference for woody places (forest, mine shafts, woodpiles, wooden shacks), or clock spiders.
    They're pretty common in Aus, even in urban / city areas.

How can it not jump on you? Look at those legs. All I think is Alien's facehugger.

[IMG]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/Milty123/clockspider2.jpg[/IM]
    Oh man... Christ, that's some nasty imaginations one gets, with that one >.<

OT: Grab a hammer and go "DIE INSECT!" ?
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-05-09 at 11:22 AM.
    Former Wotlk Paladin Blockbot | 105,2% avoid / 3700 BV | Lots of old content soloed, incl. 3 factionleaders (Wrynn, Gnome king, Valen). - Currently exploring the fun of Soloing with new characters.

- I tend to think sentences faster than I can type, in replies, so often there is spelling and wording mistakes. Sorry.

There are some centipedes about the same size in my country as well. They are even a bit poisonous and much darker than this one. We generally kill them before they can bite anyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Godavari View Post
    but spiders are awesome! they killz them annoying little insects.
    If I'm correct the centipedes kill other insects as well.
    I would set it free. The only insect I kill are these ANNOYING MOSQUITOES. And that I do with pleasure.

Deleted

[IMG]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/Milty123/clockspider1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/Milty123/clockspider2.jpg[/MG]

Sparassidae (formerly Heteropodidae) are a family of spiders known as huntsman spiders because of their speed and mode of hunting. They also are called giant crab spiders, because of their size and appearance. Larger species sometimes are referred to as wood spiders, because of their preference for woody places (forest, mine shafts, woodpiles, wooden shacks), or clock spiders.

I would stab through that clock with a motherfuckin butcher knife.

Deleted
    [IMG]http://www.memes.at/pics/oh-god-why.png[/ IMG]

<Infracted>
    Last edited by Anakso; 2012-05-09 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belial91 View Post
    I would stab through that clock with a motherfuckin butcher knife.
    That would be fine, and dandy, but what would you do if it managed to escape... ALIVE!?

Deleted
    That would be fine, and dandy, but what would you do if it managed to escape... ALIVE!?
    Sprint away as fast as I could obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Belial91 View Post
    Sprint away as fast as I could obviously.
    Then it lays eggs in your house err- I mean its new nest.

Man, don't kill the poor centipede!
    Having one in your house actually keeps you safe from worse insects, like spiders and roaches!

Quote Originally Posted by TommyJohn View Post

Do I incinerate my whole house or no?

that's nothing, I had better "encounter" in Nov 2011. I live in central/eastern EU. At that time we have winter with temp. approx -10*C (14*F) with some snow and other cold stuff. So one night (around midnight) I was already in bed while my wife was finishing her evening bath time. I was almost asleep when suddenly I hear loud slamming comming from the bathroom. Next thing is my wife waking me and with shaking voice stating that we have a... pay attention...a scorpion in the house.

Whaaa? Where? What scorpion? They don't live in our climate and it's too freaking cold outside for one to travel across. But I see that she is frightened. Okie then, I'll go and see that "scorpion" (mumbling something about women and their fear of small bugs).

So I enter bathroom and what I see? F*cking dead ~10cm (3.9in) black scorpion (pincer to tail straight line), killed with 1litre shampoo bottle . And i'm not dreaming. Scorpion. In my house. In the middle of winter. damn.

After some investigation we came to a conclusion: early that morning wife did some shopping and bough some bananas. That bug must have been brought to our house hidden in those bananas. When it got dark and calm it went in search for more suitable place to hide. So it entered bathroom (warm, humid and dark under bath tube) while my wife was using some body balm...

My woman's a hero. instead of screaming she smashed unwelcome guest. Remembre - don't enter bathroom that is occupied by a woman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorefang View Post
    If I'm correct the centipedes kill other insects as well.
    I would set it free. The only insect I kill are these ANNOYING MOSQUITOES. And that I do with pleasure.
    Cool thing is: Mosquitoes aren't useful at all, and the entire system wouldn't even notice their absence :3

10+ Year Old Account
    reminds me of the time that cockroach got lose in my room and I couldn't sleep, because dad was sleeping on the lounge and family were in the spare room. Pretty much sat on my computer chair all night with my feet on my desk watching the entire season of the walking dead. Wasn't fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Keep him as a pet. Call him "Legs".
    I lol'ed so fucking bad.

- That thing is super ugly.

10+ Year Old Account

[IMG]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn259/Milty123/clockspider2.jpg[IMG]

Boot or a broom kills the fkers no big deal
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right