Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhaus View Post
    As long it has users, it´s not dead. Lets take example of EVE-online, it has only like 400k players, but it´s still alive and kicking.
    EVE, as far as I know, was only ever growing. EVE is a genius game that knows their audience nearly perfectly and knows EXACTLY what it wants to be. SWTOR wants to be WoW - this is why it has problems.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    Losing X number of subs doesn't mean it is rapidly dying. A lot of subs were at the start of the games cycle, Christmas time, time off for many full-time workers who gave it a go, a lot of these left for time issues, including many people I know. It happens, the game still has 1.2 million subs which is a decent amount of people playing, whether that'll increase or decrease in the next day/week/month/year YOU and everyone else don't know.

I was bored at end-game. Probably mostly due to my server only having a couple active raiding guilds. The one I was in never even really tried to full clear on HM, much less NiM. They just gave up as soon as things got a little rough. I don't totally blame the game or BW, though if they had server mergers/transfers in place a long time ago I'd possibly still be playing.

Also, Rift is way more fun to me.

Rift is a great wow clone there is no doubt about it, they brought some originality to there game. swtor on the other
    hand is a poorly made wow-clone, and the huge drop in subs doesn't surprise me one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    Losing X number of subs doesn't mean it is rapidly dying. A lot of subs were at the start of the games cycle, Christmas time, time off for many full-time workers who gave it a go, a lot of these left for time issues, including many people I know. It happens, the game still has 1.2 million subs which is a decent amount of people playing, whether that'll increase or decrease in the next day/week/month/year YOU and everyone else don't know.
    That's assuming it stabilizes at 1.2 mil. Basically you assume that the population just stops dropping from now on. I'd say that's a bold assumption.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

I think This thread is a little premature?

It's not dead. It has issues that can be fixed but is not going to be the wow killer lots of people wanted.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Please use the existing discussion threads.