Is this possible?

I didn't try this out myself, so can anyone who has done so confirm this for me?

Say, I have a waypoint explored on a different map, and I want to fast travel there for free. Can I just take off my gear, commit suicide, and then respawn there?

10+ Year Old Account
    You only get free waypoints if you're dead and have no gold.
    And I suspect they'll put a restriction in so you can only travel to near waypoints under such circumstances.

You'll have to pay a fine to get ported to a waypoint.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    If I remember correctly it cost me each time I used a fast travel point, weather that was from ressing my self or using it to move from point A to point B. I remember being a little concerned and thinking.. what do I do if im out of money lol but it never happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    If I remember correctly it cost me each time I used a fast travel point, weather that was from ressing my self or using it to move from point A to point B. I remember being a little concerned and thinking.. what do I do if im out of money lol but it never happened.
    If you're broke and dead, then the friendly waypoint closest to where you died will be free. Source.

If you're alive, I'm not sure what happens. I'd guess you just can't travel to any waypoints which cost coin (city waypoints are free if you're already in the city) until you've earned some coin on your account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon of Light View Post
    Say, I have a waypoint explored on a different map, and I want to fast travel there for free. Can I just take off my gear, commit suicide, and then respawn there?
    If it's the closest Waypoint to where you died? Then yes... yes you can.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    If it's the closest Waypoint to where you died? Then yes... yes you can.
    He specifically said on a different map though. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    He specifically said on a different map though. :P
    Sorry, No sleep in the past 24 hours; I tend to glance over my own posts and others.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)