Thread: Odd Dreams

Odd Dreams

Normally I don't dream but in the past year I've had two powerful odd dreams.

The first occured about a year ago, I was sleeping and in my dream I was laying in my bed, it was dark, I saw red eyes staring at me and I started screaming. I woke up a minute or so later none-the-wiser that I just had a night terror (Someone came and checked on me to make sure everything was all riht cuz they heard me screaming)

The second occured today. The gist of the dream was I found a beached dolphin and took him to some sort of dolphin refuge with other dolphins and I was crying in the dream when I was sayingn goodbye and I wokeup and I was really teary eyed for about a half hour just thinking, WTF kind of dream was that?

Anyone have odd dreams that seem to carry over into the waking world because they seem so powerful/real?

I believe it is a combination of how long it takes you to get into "sleep" I am pretty sure there are two levels and how relaxed you are. Cannot remember which way round it is though, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freelapdance View Post
    I believe it is a combination of how long it takes you to get into "sleep" I am pretty sure there are two levels and how relaxed you are. Cannot remember which way round it is though, sorry.
    I've noticed I dream more when I'm forced awake (like with an alarm clock) than I do when I sleep naturally.

I've had very vivid dreams in the past but not so much lately. I really hate the ones where you feel like you've tripped down a set of stairs and you wake up screaming because you think you're falling.
    Putin khuliyo

I have really intense dreams when I am jetlagged. Never the first day arriving or comming back from far away but the night 2 and 3.

Always start out with something normal and then really strange stuff happens but not something that probably won't happen (like me flying or fake people/animals). Generally nothing too amazing happens like me becomming a millionaire or so. Just random life stuff yet strange. Like all of a sudden I have bought a new house and I have the same model car but a newer version.

They are always very very very intense dreams and when waking up I often get reality and dream mixed up. Especially when comming back from a trip because I wake up in my own bed. When I am somewhere foreign I notice it right away because I wake up in a strange bed.

Oh and you know how you cannot remember the dreams a few seconds after waking up? I can always remember these long enough for my brain to store them (so to say). So really intense dreams. And the dreams always seem to last long as well. Like your average dream can be pretty vague and you remember some stuff, this one can have like a complete story to it and branch out to other stuff.

And the funny thing is, my colleagues also have intense dreams when they are jetlagged so I think it might have something to do with sleepdeprivation and your head a little out of order because of the jetlag.