Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hows PvP Rogues looking atm?

Thinking of picking up my rogue to start some PvP. How are they in pvp atm? I heard that they are really weak. Also, what is the best output spec? A guide whatsoever, would be really neat if you could link!
    My dad once told me that aslong as religion existed, even I could make my own fantasy buddys

I tryed some pvp and i feel our dmg is REALLY low compaired to dks spriests warriors....pretty much everyone.

yup, thats what I heard! Got a DK and a Spriest aswell as a warlock, might be an option to roll one of them if rogues are utter shit
    My dad once told me that aslong as religion existed, even I could make my own fantasy buddys

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues have low damage and lower survivability right now. Ghostcrawler made a tweet though that they feel like they may be buffing Rogues almost too much in 5.2. So We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveyai View Post
    Rogues have low damage and lower survivability right now. Ghostcrawler made a tweet though that they feel like they may be buffing Rogues almost too much in 5.2. So We'll see.
    pretty much this. but if frost dk's don't change for 5.2 my dk alt might become my pvp main

I created, leveled and geared a rogue in MoP just for pvping despite all the negative criticism over the past few months. And I've got to say- it's been a blast pvping in both battlegrounds and the arena (my 2's arena partner is also a rogue). So while my opinion may not be a popular one, I say go for it, lolcatabeta.

Not as bad as some people think.
    I guess just a little bit below average.
    But no one plays them because top "true pvp" players tend to choose the fotm class.

I'm playing with my friend rogue quite a lot now, and we are stuck around ~2k rating in 2x2. But I know for sure that a LOT of other class/spec combinations would never go above that as well(and even to that point). We are not the real pvp players (I personally don't even have Duelist), so I guess its possible to go up a little for more experienced players.

Its true that rogues do less damage than other classes, but its intended by mechanics. Other classes don't have stealth. Its assumed that rogue has tactical advantage(and he does really) over other classes.

I know that its frustrating when you have absolutely no chance against the other team just because they have better setup than you do, but that's how pvp works in wow. It always was like this, and comparing to other classes rogues were in better position more often than most of the other classes/specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't totally useless, people just over exaggerate but they are not in the greatest of spots atm.

Open world pvp with engineering is absolute pure hilarity though, imo that alone is worth leveling and gearing one.

#1 ganker class wassup bitches

Edit: Nice changes in 5.2 also, except for combat lolo

wait till 5.2. if these changes go live.. its all good.

Rogue damage is pretty bad until you get geared. Once you get the pvp daggers and some malevolent gear - it gets a lot better.

Survivability and mobility are lacking. Prep baseline in 5.2 will help with both those issues. We also will have 150 energy with the 4pc PVP set = more burst.

It's a good time to roll a rogue and get geared up.
    Last edited by Guns; 2012-12-22 at 10:24 PM.

I love playing my rogue ...excited to get too patch 5.2

Not really that excited to play my rogue right now. Will probably stick to other characters until things get fixed.

Deleted
    I leveled my rogue to 90 about 10 days ago.

In full contender's gear and crappy dungeon/quest weapons, my rogue was shockingly bad. Literally. Much worse than my Warr and DK were with the same gear. In BGs I had 4k amushes and sub 1k specials on plate classes, which was a little disturbing.

Then I decided to gear up a bit and hunt for 463 weapons so I did dozens of dungeons. I converted the points to honor, bought some gear, and finally got to 4piece set. Now I'm half pvp, half pve gear and it's starting to look good. I still die too easily, but I can wreck some classes already with CDs.

I'm sure with some more gear I'll be able to take them down with no CDs. 2 weeks till malevolent daggers and even more fun

I personally can't kill shit, which I hope comes from the lack of gear and weapons. While I'm at it, I seriously don't understand why we can't buy honour weapons. Relying on rng to get 463 daggers from hcs just doesn't work it for me, nor getting Kaxxi to exalted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

It's rather fun in the 85-89 bracket :P
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Oh yeah, they're really fun in the lower bracets. Can't wait to get home, so I can do more 15-19. And maybe also 90. I love my rogue(s) and I don't want to abandon them. I'm also a little excited about the 5.2 changes
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Hello again

I already have 33% pvp power and it's amazing. AV weekend has been a blast. I'm learning the class and liking it more and more. The experience has nothing to do with what it was in full contender's and with quest weapons.

In short, if you're hesitating like I did, do not. Just work on your gear and you'll see the results soon. The rogue class seems to be absolutely gear-dependent, even more than warrior probably.

Deleted
    For RBG you're still usefull
    for arena it's meh
    5.2 looks good BUT until it goes live i wouldn't believe anything, we have already seen buffs being taken back in 5.1 before going live

Have a look at this

Wait till 5.2 imho to see if its worth the effort.

Deleted
    61% ressi and 55% pvp power atm.
    Everything before i got the daggers sucked so hard, i can kill things now..rather easy.
    Still not doing very good in arena though, we'll see if we are more attractive in 5,2.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Have a look at this

Wait till 5.2 imho to see if its worth the effort.

Have a look at this: Mercader wasn't even in full dreadful at the time and he didn't have the daggers.
    Where's your point? I'm sure he would drop the healer if he was in equal gear.. i have no problem in doing so.